Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Suspended
    Hello Juliet Areola. What are you measurements?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Funny how people bicker !!

Quote Originally Posted by spacedeckman
    Everyone I've ever done a comparison to has picked the Yamaha. Saw a Yamaha rep do that once at a dealer's grand opening. $800 Yamaha against top of the line Denon, 5700 or 5800..I remember the Yamaha was RXV800 since it was $800.

I've tried it over the years since, and it always seems to work. Yamahas consistently have bigger soundstage, more open mids, and tighter bass with better definition. Even with the Denon playing noticably louder. Playing louder doesn't increase the size of the soundstage or improve imaging. If someone is around, I'll ask them what they think. They always agree. After a couple of dozen times I think it becomes a distinct possibility I may be right.

It has kind of become my "man on the street" bit if I've got time to kill in an audio store. I keep trying to get someone to tell me otherwise, but haven't had it happen yet. They don't know what is playing, and often think I'm changing speakers. This audio stuff is in my blood.

Space

Grampi, its okay if you don't agree with me. My wife doesn't very often either...I'm used to it.

FOR THE RECORD: I MANAGE A VERY WELL RESPECTED AUDIO SHOP AND WE CARRY HIGHEND COMPONENTS!!

FOR THE QUESTIONAIRE:::

Check the specs man.. check the specs on the yamaha (which is not thx certified) and check the specs on the marantz.... You will find one thing that will put mr. yamaha freak to sleep. He states BIGGER sound stage from yamaha. that bull. signal to noise ratio on yahama is 100db signal to noise ratio on marantz is 105db which in turn will give you bigger sound stage. And also marantz has alot bigger power supplies which in turn gives you bigger sound stage. Any other real answers email me at bk.brian@yahoo.com. see ya man.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information