Forum Regular

Talking Denon AVR 2803 and U551 DVD

Someone on this board, maybe many someones, suggested we get the U551 DVD to really test out our new Denon AVR 2803 with Monitor Audio Silver SI speakers in the DTS mode. So, we did and it is just wonderful, awesome, tooth rattling, and gut punching. I would not have belived anything could sound so good on the budget we have. We just got finished facing the depth charges from the German destroyer and I had to take a brake to realax! The dogs simply got up and ran out of the room! Someone else suggested Queen's Greatest Hits to check out the 96/24 DACs and again it is a wonder! It sounded like Queen was in the room! Then on to Van Morrison, WAR, Joan Baez, Wolfgang Amadeus, Rossini, La Boheme, it just goes on and on. So, thanks to all and to all a good night!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the purchase. I'm quite familiar with the unit and had it in my home for a weekend audition, it was a solid runner-up on my list. Denon's really done a nice job of adding frequencies and simplifying their receivers in the last few years in my opinion.
    Both of Norah Jones' CD's and Josh Groban's newest release (don't laugh) are excellent recordings as well.
    Just curious, how many speakers are you using?

Forum Regular

Still using...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the purchase. I'm quite familiar with the unit and had it in my home for a weekend audition, it was a solid runner-up on my list. Denon's really done a nice job of adding frequencies and simplifying their receivers in the last few years in my opinion.
    Both of Norah Jones' CD's and Josh Groban's newest release (don't laugh) are excellent recordings as well.
    Just curious, how many speakers are you using?

a 5.1 setup but saving to go to 7.1. I will look up the CDs you mentioned, thanks! Doc

Thread Information