Forum Regular

Center Channel Positioning?

I am going to be purchasing the Ascend Acoustic CMT-340c center channel soon. As some of you may know, it is a rather large sized center channel Dimensions H x W x D* 7.5" x 21" x 10.5" Now I have a 27" TV and don't think it would be too stable on top. I was thinking of putting the center channel on the top shelf of the TV stand. Is there a range of height from the floor for a center channel. Too high, or too low? The stand is 22" high. Here is a picture... http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/08/14/38...26_500X500.jpg so you can get an idea of how high the second shelf is. Would this be a problem or shall I break out the duct tape for on top TV mounting?

JSE
    That will be fine. I have my center in a similiar position. You will probably need to tilt it up a bit to fire at your sitting position height. The key is to "aim" it at ear level whether it is on top or below the TV.

JSE

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nikon
    I am going to be purchasing the Ascend Acoustic CMT-340c center channel soon. As some of you may know, it is a rather large sized center channel Dimensions H x W x D* 7.5" x 21" x 10.5" Now I have a 27" TV and don't think it would be too stable on top. I was thinking of putting the center channel on the top shelf of the TV stand. Is there a range of height from the floor for a center channel. Too high, or too low? The stand is 22" high. Here is a picture... http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/08/14/38...26_500X500.jpg so you can get an idea of how high the second shelf is. Would this be a problem or shall I break out the duct tape for on top TV mounting?
    I think JSE is quite correct. You want the center speaker to be close to the TV and aimed directly at you. I have mine off to the side and standing upright.
    Friends help friends move,
    Good friends help friends move bodies....

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Mike
    I have mine off to the side and standing upright.
    So if a car goes screeching across the screen from left to right, would it sound as if the car moved from your left main to the center, then up a few inches, and on over to your right main?

Just curious. hehe

Thread Information