Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my HT

Pics of my HT

Hey guys, thought I'd share pics of my main system. We moved into a new home a month or so ago and I thought that would be a great time to make changes to my system.

My 56" JVC (moved to a different room) was replaced with a 60" Sony SXRD. HUGE improvement! Thanks again Ed & Topspeed for putting up with all my questions.

I picked up some used C-7's for a really nice price in my area and moved my C-9's into a different room. I was also finally able to unleash my 15" Titanic. I've said it so many times before but I'll say it again, this sub is a BEAST.

I have finished my DIY acoustic panels and gave them an interesting twist to go along the Asian theme we have throughout our home. My wife loves them.

O yeah and somewhere between all this I picked up a PS3. Can you say Blu-Ray

Thanks to everyone at AR for all the help and advice you have given my over the last year or so. I'm finally able to sit back, throw on some popcorn and enjoy. And yes, it looks and sounds amazing.

http://gallery.audioreview.com/showg...248311&cat=500

Incredible job L !!! You must be very proud. Congrats.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Incredible job L !!! You must be very proud. Congrats.
    Thanks GM. It feels so great to sit back and enjoy all the hard work.

Nice work, LJ. Glad to learn (and see) the fruits of your labor. I especially like that big white circle in the middle of your 60A2000. You must have the deluxe model. Seriously, congratulations.

Ed

Very Nice!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Looks awesome. Congrats on taking good pictures too! Too often, people fail to clean, vacuum, dust and hide cables before posting their system. Yours is very clean - great install.

I can take credit for hiding the cables but the rest goes to my wife. My kids have a playroom so that helps alot.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Congratulations!!!

I can appreciate how difficult it is to combine an audio/video system into a family room and keep everyone in the family happy!!!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by westcott
    Congratulations!!!

I can appreciate how difficult it is to combine an audio/video system into a family room and keep everyone in the family happy!!!

Well done!
    Thanks Westcott. Congrats to you as well.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Congratulations on your excellent system. Receives my number 1 vote for most visual pleasing use of acoustic panels. Good job.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Valley Boy done good!

Looks terrific, LJ! Great job on the acoustic panels behind the couch, especially the diamond accent. What does the asian character mean and is it embroidered? What did you make your panels out of?

BTW, I'll bet the pillows on your couch were perfectly positioned just for the picture, right? I just ordered new furniture because I can't get my boys to stop taking mine off the flippin' couch! Pillowback sofa + young kids = disaster area.

Great install, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Congratulations on your excellent system. Receives my number 1 vote for most visual pleasing use of acoustic panels. Good job.
    Thanks JM. It was fun making the panels. My wife helped pick out the colors. Our guest have no clue what they are, but everyone thinks they look very nice.
    Last edited by L.J.; 02-27-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Valley Boy done good!

Looks terrific, LJ! Great job on the acoustic panels behind the couch, especially the diamond accent. What does the asian character mean and is it embroidered? What did you make your panels out of?

BTW, I'll bet the pillows on your couch were perfectly positioned just for the picture, right? I just ordered new furniture because I can't get my boys to stop taking mine off the flippin' couch! Pillowback sofa + young kids = disaster area.

Great install, congrats!
    Hey Topspeed, the asian characters mean Love & Happiness. The theme goes throughout the house. They're glued to the panel using a light spray of adhesive. They should pull right off if I wanted to ever remove them. The panels are Owens 703 fiberglass and the fabric is burlap. I got the material from atsacoustic. Kex was a great help and provided me with all the info.

Believe it or not, that room stays pretty clean. My youngest is not big enough to get on the couches yet but I'm quickly running out of time. He hasen't discovered that the speaker grills can pop off yet either. The kids have a playroom also, that way they can keep all their toys and stuff in one place and not mess up the house.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Your setup looks really polished. I like the panels, and the entertainment center is really nice also. Was a little baffled why you have a sandwich grill on the shelf though. Oh wait thats a PS3...nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Your setup looks really polished. I like the panels, and the entertainment center is really nice also. Was a little baffled why you have a sandwich grill on the shelf though. Oh wait thats a PS3...nevermind
    Umm....thanks, I think

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Umm....thanks, I think
    Oh, this chat system is a bit hard to show emotion. I really did like your system, and setup, just having a little fun at your expense on the PS3.

I'm more of a 360 guy, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Oh, this chat system is a bit hard to show emotion. I really did like your system, and setup, just having a little fun at your expense on the PS3.

I'm more of a 360 guy, thats all.
    I was joking as well. I actually laughed at your grill comment. Although it would be a nice feature to add to the PS3. Hmmmm..............

Well I'm off to watch Open Season with the family. On blu-ray of course

LJ....

super nice looking HT. Kudos for maintianing a 'living' room which turns into a sweet HT. That is not an easy feat. The WAF is high.

May i suggest some black curtains to pull together for daytime viewing? Looking at the pics i think your wife can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    LJ....

super nice looking HT. Kudos for maintianing a 'living' room which turns into a sweet HT. That is not an easy feat. The WAF is high.

May i suggest some black curtains to pull together for daytime viewing? Looking at the pics i think your wife can pull it off.
    Thanks Tarheel. The room does get very bright during the day and I plan on working on that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    LJ....

I notices the glass sliding door, as well. Black out linings would probably match better!!!

I actually have 4 windows to deal with also. How good is the black out lining?

Gm, what are you using? I think you mentioned before but I can't remember.

I actually have 4 windows to deal with also. How good is the black out lining?

Gm, what are you using? I think you mentioned before but I can't remember.
    For the main living room and connected dining room, we used some very thick insulated curtains that we got from Pennies. The pinch-pull type. They aren't black out curtains but very little light gets through. We then added white lace curtains between them and the windows for added insulation (also helps with the light). Even on very bright sunny days we can block out enough light to make it hard to read your remote. They do a great job. Total cost was about $400.00.
    In the bedroom, Wifey was not as critical of how "dressy" they had to look. One set of black-out curtains from Lowes makes the bedroom dark enough to trip over anything left on the floor. Total cost, about $20 bucks.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    For the main living room and connected dining room, we used some very thick insulated curtains that we got from Pennies. The pinch-pull type. They aren't black out curtains but very little light gets through. We then added white lace curtains between them and the windows for added insulation (also helps with the light). Even on very bright sunny days we can block out enough light to make it hard to read your remote. They do a great job. Total cost was about $400.00.
    In the bedroom, Wifey was not as critical of how "dressy" they had to look. One set of black-out curtains from Lowes makes the bedroom dark enough to trip over anything left on the floor. Total cost, about $20 bucks.
    Thanks GM, looks like I'll be taking a trip to Lowes. The house has a open layout so getting this one room dark would require alot since my theater room, kitchen & front room are all kinda connected, with only half walls separating them. My best bet is to try and get this room as dim as possible but dark ain't gonna happen.

I watched Kindom of Heaven during the day and it wasn't that bad. My Sony is bright enough to fight off the glare a little but it was noticable. Most of my viewing is at night so I'll just have to live with what I can get during the daytime.

Crank it up, dude! huh? hydroman's Avatar
    Looks great, very well thought-out.

I like the way the speakers 'match' the cabinet perfectly. Usually the speakers absolutely the hardest to integrate. (Must be why my sister loves her lil' Bose speaker system)
    H/K AVR635 7.1
    Denon DVD900
    AE AEGIS III Mains
    ION USB Turntable w/ Shure M97XE
    15" Titanic III Sealed Enclosure Sub
    Dayton Rackmount 1000W :O
    Denon Surrounds
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2000

Thanks GM, looks like I'll be taking a trip to Lowes. The house has a open layout so getting this one room dark would require alot since my theater room, kitchen & front room are all kinda connected, with only half walls separating them. My best bet is to try and get this room as dim as possible but dark ain't gonna happen.

I watched Kindom of Heaven during the day and it wasn't that bad. My Sony is bright enough to fight off the glare a little but it was noticable. Most of my viewing is at night so I'll just have to live with what I can get during the daytime.
    They are usually in a cardboard display in the middle of the isle when on sale. Seem to come in two colors, blue and burgundy. Other black-out cloth' I've found are very expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information