Thread: toshiba 46h83

Forum Regular

toshiba 46h83

I was thinking about buying the toshiba 46h83 does anyone have any inputs on this television

Forum Regular
    Although I have no direct experience with that particular model (I retired from active duty almost 4 years ago), Toshiba is probably my favorite brand - they have their technical feces lined up better than most other companies, and their overall reliability has been very strong.

Having said that, I also would strongly recommend getting an extended warranty policy on it ... it just makes good sense, regardless of what others might try to tell you.

Hope this helps you
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Forum Regular

Talking Panasonic 47WX53

I contemplated Toshiba & Hitachi for a long time then along came the
    Panasonic 47WX53,it is $500-$600 less than the other 2 and they do not charge you an extra $200-$300 for the stand as you do not need
    one with the Panny.
    Once you set the 9 point convergence & the colour all up it is as good as any out there.
    This is a great TV.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HT BUFF
    I contemplated Toshiba & Hitachi for a long time then along came the
    Panasonic 47WX53,it is $500-$600 less than the other 2 and they do not charge you an extra $200-$300 for the stand as you do not need
    one with the Panny.
    Once you set the 9 point convergence & the colour all up it is as good as any out there.
    This is a great TV.
    If this is the case and the Panny is that much cheaper than the Toshiba, then I personally wouldn't give it a second thought. I consider Panny and Toshiba to be relatively close to one another in overall quality and, although Toshiba looks better out of the box, both sets will look very good after some minor calibration (although it will require more than just a 9 point convergence...you'll really want to get yourself a calibration disc).

If you really are saving more than $500 on the Panny (I'm not to sure of the prices these days), you could even drop $350 or so on an ISF calibration that would ensure you of getting as close to a perfect picture as possible. I can assure you that an ISF calibrated Panny will look MUCH better than a Toshiba out of the box.

Thread Information