Forum Regular

Anyone have one of these or tried one?

http://www.colorvision.com/spydertv_usa.shtml

My old boss is getting one, curious to know if it works well.

I started a thread about it, in which it received some discussion, a couple of weeks ago. You can do a search. Since then, I've managed to get my hands on one, which I intend to try out as soon as I get a chance. It looks very promising, and has garned a few choice endorsements.

Ed

Forum Regular
    Cool, i'll take a look for your thread. Let us know how it works!!

Quote Originally Posted by edtyct
    I started a thread about it, in which it received some discussion, a couple of weeks ago. You can do a search. Since then, I've managed to get my hands on one, which I intend to try out as soon as I get a chance. It looks very promising, and has garned a few choice endorsements.

Ed

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by edtyct

Ed
    I think it will work on a front projector too.
    Would you be able to test this application, as well?

I would be interested to know if it works well.

Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by westcott
    I think it will work on a front projector too.
    Would you be able to test this application, as well?

I would be interested to know if it works well.

Happy Holidays!
    Now you're talking.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I saw your posts and was just trying to remember where I heard that people were trying to adapt Spyder TV to front projectors--a use for which it isn't intended. It might have been someone at AVS. You might have a look there. However, Spyder 2 Pro v. 2.0 apparently will support LCD and DLP front projectors; I don't know whether it has hit the market yet.

My own immediate problem is that my house has been undergoing renovation for about eight mos. I can't do much of anything--which explains my computer time--though I expect to be able to cobble together some equipment to test the Spyder. At any rate, after I've given it a go, hopefully in not too long, I will be happy to lend it out to someone else, sometime in January. By then, maybe I'll have figured out whether it has any use with front projection, too.

Ed

Thread Information