Forum Regular

Polk HT setup...Energy HT setup

Hi....I'm in the process of upgrading from a Yamaha HTIB to a hopefully better, but still budget HT. I got a good deal on (2) Polk r30's (can get 2 more) and am wondering if anyone out there can suggest a good (kinda budget...<$100 or so)matching center channel. Also, I am thinking of using the r30's as mains and rears, instead of say r15's in the rear. Is that a good idea? I will continue to use the Yamaha receiver, dvd player and sub for now, just looking to change the speakers (moving the Yam. satellites into the bedroom). I have a Sunfire/NAD/Energy 2 channel system setup for audio, so the HT will be for HT only. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....Jack
    On a different track...I have the Energy Audissey 5+2's and Energy Veritas 2.1's used in 2 channel systems in my living room and basement. Can I combine the Energy's, and use a center channel speaker also for HT. And if so, is there a suitable Energy center for the 5+2's. In this case, I would just put the Polk's in the basement 2 channel setup. Thanks again for any help.
    I have emailed both Polk and Energy and asked them the same questions I asked here, but am hoping for an "unbiased" answer....Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 12-30-2004 at 08:03 AM. Reason: update

Thread Information