Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,860

    3D Panasonic plasma made me a believer.

    When looking for a new HDTV I wrote off 3D as just another hyped fad. The reasons I purchased the Panny 55ST30 were based on it's great picture, great reviews and the fact that it offered more features at a lower price. I seriously doubted I'd even use the 3D option except for the times the grand kids came over. But how wrong I was!

    The Panny came with the "Avatar" 3D plus two sets of glasses. I bought an economy priced 3D player just so I could at least check out the 3D and I'm so glad I did. Watching Avatar on 3D was like an out of body experience for me.

    If you haven't seen a 3D Panasonic outside of a lousy big box store demo you are in for a serious treat. And now that Directv has several free 3D stations that deliver a stunning picture I am seriously hooked.

  2. #2
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Great to hear that you're enjoying the TV and the 3D function. Seems that Avatar is a reference standard for image and sound quality no matter what format it's on.

    As with HD, it seems that most store demos do a poor job at conveying what the 3D format is truly capable of. When I was shopping for a HDTV, I had to adjust most of the TVs just so I could actually look at a somewhat comparable picture when trying to decide between different sets. Fortunately, I've calibrated all my TVs for more than 10 years, so I know what the reference spec is supposed to look like. But, a lot of consumers don't have that reference available to make the adjustments, so they're left with the defaults.

    The manufacturers are partly at fault for purposely overbrightening and sharpening the default picture settings in order to stand out in a brightly lit showroom. But, the stores also share the blame by placing the TVs in a less-than-ideal setting (i.e., warehouse with flood lighting), and feeding them poor quality demo loops rather than actual program feeds directly from a source.

    With 3D, I run into the exact same issues, with TV not properly setup, and very often I notice that the shutter glasses are not charged. With this kind of indifferent attention to detail, it's easy for a 3D demo to go awry, if the consumer does not know what good 3D is supposed to look like.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  3. #3
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,860
    James Cameron, writer and director, even lists his custom settings to view 3D Avatar on the Panasonic plasma website.

  4. #4
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    James Cameron, writer and director, even lists his custom settings to view 3D Avatar on the Panasonic plasma website.
    No surprise there, considering his fanatical attention to detail during the post production for Avatar, with separate color profiles used during the mastering process for multiple 3D processes, theater configurations, and output formats.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  5. #5
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Cool

    AH YES, an entire generation of crossed eyes and migrane
    sufferers.
    3D is great in IMAX, the new TRANSFORMERS movie is a
    must see, not only a great thrill ride, but a great story as well.
    NOT SHAKESPEARE, maybe ripped him off a bit(who doesn't?)
    but very enjoyable.
    AND HOME 3D is still a bad call, IMHO. Just wondering,
    since plasma is so dark anyway, with the loss from 3d how on earth do you see anything?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  6. #6
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    AH YES, an entire generation of crossed eyes and migrane
    sufferers.
    Sounds like your state of mind when you keep reposting your usual uninformed nonsense about 3D and plasma TVs, among other topics.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    3D is great in IMAX, the new TRANSFORMERS movie is a
    must see, not only a great thrill ride, but a great story as well.
    NOT SHAKESPEARE, maybe ripped him off a bit(who doesn't?)
    but very enjoyable.
    AND HOME 3D is still a bad call, IMHO.
    So, if 3D at your local IMAX Lite theater is "great" how is home 3D a "bad call"? Given that Poultrygeist actually owns a 3D TV and provided first hand impressions using credible calibration settings, I'll take his word over your contradictory rants anyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Just wondering,
    since plasma is so dark anyway, with the loss from 3d how on earth do you see anything?
    The world is not so dark when you try opening your eyes for a change.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  7. #7
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Sounds like your state of mind when you keep reposting your usual uninformed nonsense about 3D and plasma TVs, among other topics.



    So, if 3D at your local IMAX Lite theater is "great" how is home 3D a "bad call"? Given that Poultrygeist actually owns a 3D TV and provided first hand impressions using credible calibration settings, I'll take his word over your contradictory rants anyday.
    ONE IS TWO TO THREE HOURS, one is an entire evening

    The world is not so dark when you try opening your eyes for a change.
    FUNNEE. Really, when I WATCHED THOR it was very dark,
    which made TRANSFORMERS A PLEASANT SURPRIZE,
    very bright.
    ONE THING about the "new" 3D(basically computer enhanced
    polarized system) its quality is very inconsistent. But fine for
    a 3D monitor rollout!!
    Talk about not ready for prime time!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  8. #8
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    ONE IS TWO TO THREE HOURS, one is an entire evening
    Wait, so watching a half hour sitcom is an "entire evening"? Or does an "entire evening" entail a marathon session of prison documentaries? Or is an "entire evening" watching a "two to three" hour movie at home? You can't even get your own definitions straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    ONE THING about the "new" 3D(basically computer enhanced
    polarized system) its quality is very inconsistent. But fine for
    a 3D monitor rollout!!
    Talk about not ready for prime time!
    Ho hum, just another round of regurgitating your usual uninformed talking points. The only thing "inconsistent" is the setup with in-store demos. Poultrygeist's observations indicate how 3D looks with a calibrated set and a good source -- something that you have zero experience with.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  9. #9
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,860
    Within three years I would expect every large screen HDTV to offer the 3D feature.

    I'm already viewing several 3D stations on Directv and looking forward to football on ESPN3D this fall.

  10. #10
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Wait, so watching a half hour sitcom is an "entire evening"? Or does an "entire evening" entail a marathon session of prison documentaries? Or is an "entire evening" watching a "two to three" hour movie at home? You can't even get your own definitions straight. ...
    I would imagine "an entire evening" is watching half an Archie Bunker rerun until the Thorazine kicks in...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  11. #11
    Sgt. At Arms Worf101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Troy, New York
    Posts
    4,220

    Hey P-Geist...

    If you're happy and you're enjoying your purchase AND 3D.. then guess what? I'm happy! Simple as that. I can't see in 3D as a result of injuries suffered while in service. I can only see out of one eye at a time. Limited depth perception. I wish I could see it just once but it ain't gonna happen. Sooooo.. I'm happy for anyone who CAN enjoy 3D and likes it.

    Worf

  12. #12
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,723
    Chicken type individual, thank you for your first hand testimony on how good 3D can be when the set is properly calibrated for the task. I appreciate FIRST HAND experience over the musing of a person who has had so little exposure to 3D, their opinion on the technology can easily be dismissed as written ca ca.

    I have been using Panasonic's 65" pro 3D models not only at home, but in the audio editing rooms of my studio. I have both LCD 3D models, and plasma 3D models, and plasma has LCD beat n this respect, and in many respects. Panasonic plasma televisions in particular are especially good at both 2D and 3D performance.

    Enjoy your set, cause I sure am enjoying mine!
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Grass Valley Cell based Pro HD A/V switcher
    Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 EQ module
    Audyssey XT32 Sub module
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    5 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    14 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surrounds
    3 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  13. #13
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,723
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    I would imagine "an entire evening" is watching half an Archie Bunker rerun until the Thorazine kicks in...
    Snicker, snicker(as shoulders hunch up and down)
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Grass Valley Cell based Pro HD A/V switcher
    Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 EQ module
    Audyssey XT32 Sub module
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    5 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    14 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surrounds
    3 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  14. #14
    Lurker Hyfi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southampton, PA
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    If you're happy and you're enjoying your purchase AND 3D.. then guess what? I'm happy! Simple as that. I can't see in 3D as a result of injuries suffered while in service. I can only see out of one eye at a time. Limited depth perception. I wish I could see it just once but it ain't gonna happen. Sooooo.. I'm happy for anyone who CAN enjoy 3D and likes it.

    Worf
    Worf,

    Sorry to hear of this impairment you got courtesy of our military.

    I recently (2 months ago maybe) heard an interview on NPR with a woman who was born without the ability to see in 3d, similar to what you describe. After much failed therapy and anything else she could try, she somehow trained herself little by little with some exercises to be able to gain the ability.

    I do not remember her name or the book name but possibly a search on NPRs site may yield a result.
    Hyfi
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Main - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Counterpoint NPS 400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergystic Research
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Secondary - Oppo 93 > Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner >Odyssey Stratos Plus > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs

  15. #15
    Sgt. At Arms Worf101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Troy, New York
    Posts
    4,220

    Thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    Worf,

    Sorry to hear of this impairment you got courtesy of our military.

    I recently (2 months ago maybe) heard an interview on NPR with a woman who was born without the ability to see in 3d, similar to what you describe. After much failed therapy and anything else she could try, she somehow trained herself little by little with some exercises to be able to gain the ability.

    I do not remember her name or the book name but possibly a search on NPRs site may yield a result.
    Hey, I appreciate your concern and the information. I'll look into it. Not sure what it'll entail but hey, "the only thing that beats failure is a good try" as my Daddy used to say.

    Worf

  16. #16
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Wait, so watching a half hour sitcom is an "entire evening"? Or does an "entire evening" entail a marathon session of prison documentaries? Or is an "entire evening" watching a "two to three" hour movie at home? You can't even get your own definitions straight.



    Ho hum, just another round of regurgitating your usual uninformed talking points. The only thing "inconsistent" is the setup with in-store demos. Poultrygeist's observations indicate how 3D looks with a calibrated set and a good source -- something that you have zero experience with.
    You must be very young or very stupid, the way you enjoy "assuming" things.
    WHEN my main store reopened I was invited to check out the HT rooms,
    six with different systems.
    ONE was an eighty two " MITS DLP, perfectly "calibrated"
    by one of the techs that worked there, at least the best they
    could do, anyway.
    WATCHED it for several hours, at least as long as I could
    until the headaches kicked in.
    PEOPLE actually believe these sets are safe, which means you can watch them just like a "2d" set, you think aspartame
    and FORD PINTOS would have taught them something.
    Out of two experiences in a "perfectly" calibrated(sorry, "assuming" things is your dept) I have had one bad and one good experience, that is a fifty percent failure rate.
    I KNOW the "system" is "new"(warmed over polarized glasses
    tech) especially to those such as yourself that doesn't know any better(CAPTAIN EO at DISNEY WORLD used the same system
    over twenty years ago) but its nothing new under the sun to those
    who have been around the block not once but several times.
    THE "NEW" 3d System(s) are one thing for sure, a full employment plan for lawyers.
    AND I will have the last laugh, as usual.
    BUT YOU PROBABLY VOTED for Obama, so noit much can be expected, I GUESS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  17. #17
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Chicken type individual, thank you for your first hand testimony on how good 3D can be when the set is properly calibrated for the task. I appreciate FIRST HAND experience over the musing of a person who has had so little exposure to 3D, their opinion on the technology can easily be dismissed as written ca ca.

    I have been using Panasonic's 65" pro 3D models not only at home, but in the audio editing rooms of my studio. I have both LCD 3D models, and plasma 3D models, and plasma has LCD beat n this respect, and in many respects. Panasonic plasma televisions in particular are especially good at both 2D and 3D performance.

    Enjoy your set, cause I sure am enjoying mine!
    if you actually had as many electronic devices as you claim
    it would be like living in a BEST BUY.
    You might be sleeping out in back of one...
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  18. #18
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    You must be very young or very stupid, the way you enjoy "assuming" things.
    Quite easy to make assumptions, given your inane ramblings.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    WHEN my main store reopened I was invited to check out the HT rooms,
    six with different systems.
    ONE was an eighty two " MITS DLP, perfectly "calibrated"
    by one of the techs that worked there, at least the best they
    could do, anyway.
    Given that your definition of "calibrated" entails nothing more than eyeballing, and you've resorted to attacking me in the past for using a calibration disc, a little skepticism about your observations on "perfectly calibrated" is in order.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    WATCHED it for several hours, at least as long as I could
    until the headaches kicked in.
    So, what were you actually watching? And how many hours equals "several" (given that you think that TV watching consumes an "entire evening")?

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    PEOPLE actually believe these sets are safe, which means you can watch them just like a "2d" set, you think aspartame
    Oh yeah, they're ssssooooooooo dangerous! Is it the drugs, or do you have some childhood trauma you want to share with us?

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Out of two experiences in a "perfectly" calibrated(sorry, "assuming" things is your dept) I have had one bad and one good experience, that is a fifty percent failure rate.
    Nope, the "perfect" calibration is your assumption. You don't use calibration tools, so how would you know that the picture was properly calibrated in the first place, or that some other customer in the store didn't hit the reset button and erase all of the "perfect" settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    I KNOW the "system" is "new"(warmed over polarized glasses
    tech) especially to those such as yourself that doesn't know any better(CAPTAIN EO at DISNEY WORLD used the same system
    over twenty years ago) but its nothing new under the sun to those
    who have been around the block not once but several times.
    THE "NEW" 3d System(s) are one thing for sure, a full employment plan for lawyers.
    AND I will have the last laugh, as usual.
    BUT YOU PROBABLY VOTED for Obama, so noit much can be expected, I GUESS.
    Leave it up to you to derail another topic into an idiotic political rant. Those conspiratorial whispers in your head must be rather annoying at this time of day.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 07-13-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  19. #19
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,723
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    if you actually had as many electronic devices as you claim
    it would be like living in a BEST BUY.
    You might be sleeping out in back of one...
    I guess if your highest frame of reference is Best Buy, then your audio and video world is much too small and limited. The level of lifestyle integration, and the performance and quality I expect would not be found in a Best Buy store.

    Best Buy does not sell beds or a bedroom like environment, so it is not likely a place where I would think of sleeping. Perhaps is it time to back away from the medication.
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Grass Valley Cell based Pro HD A/V switcher
    Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 EQ module
    Audyssey XT32 Sub module
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    5 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    14 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surrounds
    3 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  20. #20
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,860
    Worf,

    I take it you have limited vision in at least one eye. With only one good eye we see in 2D and depth perception becomes so impaired it may be considered a vocational disability for many jobs.

    If a person is 20/20 in their best eye and the other is only correctable to 20/200 it still represents a 25% loss of vision based upon disability standards. Legal blindness is considered 20/200 in both eyes after best correction and automatically qualifies one for Social Security Disability benefits. Total blindness is very rare as most people considered as "blind" have some vision.

  21. #21
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    I guess if your highest frame of reference is Best Buy, then your audio and video world is much too small and limited. The level of lifestyle integration, and the performance and quality I expect would not be found in a Best Buy store.

    Best Buy does not sell beds or a bedroom like environment, so it is not likely a place where I would think of sleeping. Perhaps is it time to back away from the medication.
    As usual you have no comprehension of what I SAID, guess they cover reading comprehension in high school.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  22. #22
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Cool

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Quite easy to make assumptions, given your inane ramblings.
    WHICH ARE more "ane" than your silly silly nonsense


    Given that your definition of "calibrated" entails nothing more than eyeballing, and you've resorted to attacking me in the past for using a calibration disc, a little skepticism about your observations on "perfectly calibrated" is in order.

    MORE viciousness from mr "nice" guy. I THINK someone
    who has worked on sets for decades can calibrate one.
    AND i don't really care if you do "calibrate a tv". THE RESULTS
    must be quite amusing.

    So, what were you actually watching? And how many hours equals "several" (given that you think that TV watching consumes an "entire evening")?
    DEMO blu ray, travelougs and coming atractions

    Oh yeah, they're ssssooooooooo dangerous! Is it the drugs, or do you have some childhood trauma you want to share with us?
    Bookmarking this so you can eat a word sandwich later.

    Nope, the "perfect" calibration is your assumption. You don't use calibration tools, so how would you know that the picture was properly calibrated in the first place, or that some other customer in the store didn't hit the reset button and erase all of the "perfect" settings?
    There were no customers. And thanks to OBAMANOMICS
    there never will be. ALMOST as deadly was the tornado
    which wiped out the consumer electronics market for
    months. I WAS INVITED over as an old customer who had bout quite a bit there. THE STORE never made it to opening, sadly,
    like you did not make your GED.

    Leave it up to you to derail another topic into an idiotic political rant. Those conspiratorial whispers in your head must be rather annoying at this time of day.
    NO "CONSPIRACY" , JUST HUMAN IGNORANCE AND GREED.
    Wait until half the people have a new tech, then hit em with warmed over tech that's been around for forever, has never been tried in large doses, but causes headaches in smaller ones.
    Deny , deny, deny.
    THEY DECIDED that paying out lawsuits was cheaper than
    fixing the PINTO, the death toll was irrelevant.
    AND aspartame turns into wood achcohol in your system,
    causing nerve damage, but so what?
    And the same people who bought you "needlevision", ELCASSETTE, HDDVD and so forth now unveils the latest
    gimmick, and hope to make a bit more than the lawsuits are
    going to cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  23. #23
    Forum Regular Woochifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    WHICH ARE more "ane" than your silly silly nonsense
    Like I said, your inane ramblings make it all too easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    MORE viciousness from mr "nice" guy. I THINK someone
    who has worked on sets for decades can calibrate one.
    In other words, you really don't have a clue whether the settings were as "perfect" as you claim. I guess truth is now considered viciousness in your paranoid world view.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    AND i don't really care if you do "calibrate a tv".
    Of course you don't care, because you don't have a clue what a calibrated set is supposed to look like. The fact that you've attacked me for using a calibration disc says all that needs to be said about your ignorance on what calibration actually means.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    THE RESULTS
    must be quite amusing.
    Yeah, my results are better than what I see in nearly every place that sells TVs, which is nothing new since I've been calibrating my TVs for more than 10 years. Only those few stores that keep their TVs calibrated and rechecked have comparable picture quality. Many people that come over to my house have asked why my TV looks better than what they have at home, and I simply point out the difference between the default settings and calibrated settings. And I've lent out my calibration discs, with everyone who used them noting a major improvement in picture quality afterwards.

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    DEMO blu ray, travelougs and coming atractions
    And you were watching these same demo reels looping for hours on end? Or were you lying about the viewing time too?

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    There were no customers. And thanks to OBAMANOMICS
    there never will be. ALMOST as deadly was the tornado
    which wiped out the consumer electronics market for
    months. I WAS INVITED over as an old customer who had bout quite a bit there. THE STORE never made it to opening, sadly,
    like you did not make your GED.

    NO "CONSPIRACY" , JUST HUMAN IGNORANCE AND GREED.
    Wait until half the people have a new tech, then hit em with warmed over tech that's been around for forever, has never been tried in large doses, but causes headaches in smaller ones.
    Deny , deny, deny.
    THEY DECIDED that paying out lawsuits was cheaper than
    fixing the PINTO, the death toll was irrelevant.
    AND aspartame turns into wood achcohol in your system,
    causing nerve damage, but so what?
    And the same people who bought you "needlevision", ELCASSETTE, HDDVD and so forth now unveils the latest
    gimmick, and hope to make a bit more than the lawsuits are
    going to cost.
    Just more cut-and-paste political nonsense to divert attention from your cluelessness on the original topic -- rant, wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing new from you.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 07-15-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Denon DVD-758 (DVD-1940ci)
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR22
    Oppo Digital HM-31
    Logitech Harmony 650
    iPad 3


    The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

    Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

  24. #24
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,628

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Like I said, your inane ramblings make it all too easy.



    In other words, you really don't have a clue whether the settings were as "perfect" as you claim. I guess truth is now considered viciousness in your paranoid world view.



    Of course you don't care, because you don't have a clue what a calibrated set is supposed to look like. The fact that you've attacked me for using a calibration disc says all that needs to be said about your ignorance on what calibration actually means.



    Yeah, my results are better than what I see in nearly every place that sells TVs, which is nothing new since I've been calibrating my TVs for more than 10 years. Only those few stores that keep their TVs calibrated and rechecked have comparable picture quality. Many people that come over to my house have asked why my TV looks better than what they have at home, and I simply point out the difference between the default settings and calibrated settings. And I've lent out my calibration discs, with everyone who used them noting a major improvement in picture quality afterwards.



    And you were watching these same demo reels looping for hours on end? Or were you lying about the viewing time too?



    Just more cut-and-paste political nonsense to divert attention from your cluelessness on the original topic -- rant, wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing new from you.
    NOT SO "clueless" as to be an unpaid lab rat for a tech that has
    crashed and burned more than socialist utopias.
    SHOULD not care, when the lawyers are getting rich and you
    are seeing a therapist to learn how to see normally it will almost be funny.
    ALMOST.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  25. #25
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    36
    Poultrygeist- How do you like the physical appearance of the ST? I've read reviews of it being "chunky" and the shiny bezel being distracting. Do you even notice? That's about the only thing holding me back right now. Since I'm getting a new set I almost think it should look sleek... I know, a minor and petty thing when the picture is what really matters...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest AudioReview Articles

Hot Deals

Latest News

AudioReview on Facebook