Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dustin is a hot white boy Dustin_Broke's Avatar

What I decided to do

Well what I decided to do was to sell my JBL Control 1 speakers and buy a new pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme since basicly both are same speakers but the Xtreme is 8 ohms. If I use the Xtreme version of the Control 1 it should work on any receivers since most receivers are rated 8 ohms or higher. I will get then tomorrow or friday at most and I will test them out and see if my receiver gets hot at all. Since right now I' am using a Pioneer SX-255R receiver which is rated for 8-16 ohms. This will be interesting to me since I know that how loud my speakers can go and when it starts to get really hot on the receiver so I can test and see how much cooler the receiver will be when I have it up loud using the Xtreme speakers.

The first pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme I got was used and while it was on the shipping process I found a new pair of the same speakers but it costed more. I refused the package for the used one and did get a refund for it.

I did put an auction on Ebay for my JBL Control 1 and also I did replace two woofers with new original ones so they sound like new.

I just think from what people have said on many other forums that it's too risky to use 4 ohms speakers on a 8 ohms receiver. It seems like though that if I don't have it loud and have it around med volume then it's fine but if I have it loud then that's why problems starts like the receiver getting too hot.

class act, spanky. You just screwed poor some guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Broke View Post
    The first pair of JBL Control 1Xtreme I got was used and while it was on the shipping process I found a new pair of the same speakers but it costed more. I refused the package for the used one and did get a refund for it.
    While the new speakers may have "costed" you more than the used ones you agreed to buy initially, the poor schlep whose package you refused still had to pay packaging and shipping, probably both ways. So, he paid for your buyers remorse.

Congratulations. You've gone from screwing big companies to little guys on ebay. Proud of yourself?

Slumpbuster had you nailed months ago.

I don't know but is it that bad to do what I did? I thought it would be the easiest to just send it back too the sender and then get a refund? I done it with other things many times and no one got mad or said not to do this again. It's alot faster to get a refund then reselling it. Its like going to the store and showing your recept and getting a refund.

I mean if you no longer need an item it's normal to send it back and get a refund.

Also what do you mean by Slumpbuster nailed me months agao? No one has told me nothing about this speakers and me getting a refund.

I guess the short bus just made a dropoff.

You really are that stupid and/or selfish, aren't you? Who do you think paid for the packing and shipping for those speakers?

As for Slumpbuster, re-read his input in this thread.

The difference now is that you just screwed some poor schlep, just like you, selling stuff on ebay, not a big store that can absorb the costs and write it off.

You don't think of anyone except yourself, do you?
    Last edited by markw; 07-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.

So are you saying I should not refuse on anything?

Well if I pay for the shipping when I buy an item and then refuse it I don't know this part but does it get charged even to refuse a package like meaning it cost both ways? I thought that if you refuse a package it only cost the amount you send it to the person. Example I paid $10 for shipping an item then I refuse it then will it only still be a total of $10 that I paid for? Or does it cost another $10 to send it back when you refuse the package?

What about stores that have free shipping? I noticed that if I buy something and refuse it and then I do get a full refund on it.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I don't get involved in these threads but when I read this thread and the one that Mark linked to, are you guys sure that this is the same guy that was Spanky? Maybe his language has just changed over time but something seems different to me.

Well all I know is that I learned about refusing was from Amazon since they kept saying if you no longer want it you can just refuse it and it didn't cost me any money to do this. That's why I thought it was ok to do it on anything else but maybe it's different. But it seems like even at stores it's not good to do it since you guys said it would make the prices go higher on everything that's what others said on a different forums. I guess I will from now on just sell the stuff I don't want instead of refusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I don't get involved in these threads but when I read this thread and the one that Mark linked to, are you guys sure that this is the same guy that was Spanky? Maybe his language has just changed over time but something seems different to me.
    What do you mean I have changed? What part has changed??

I am the same guy from back around 2004. I did have allkinds of screen names since then like

Joe_Carr

Dallas84

Dustin_Broke

lcswoosh05

SpankingVanillaIce

VanillaIce

etc....

But eatherway what part has changed? Well I am 26 now and back then I was around 19. But I don't know what you mean that I have changed?

I had the name SpankingVanillaIce before since my ex boyfriend Adam used that name for his screen name so I just used it also but now I' am with Dusty Smith and his my new boyfriend so I don't use SpankingVanillaIce anymore.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    For starters you're participating in 2-way conversations and listening to what other people have to say. Both very positive steps in the right direction, but different from your previous M.O. as SVI.

WARNING!!! Before attempting to answer this question, READ THIS THREAD.

You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation. He's already put them through the wringer.

Mutant from table 9
    Here's irony for you. I got banned from AK years ago and still don't know why. Never was invested enough to particularly care or find out why. Best I could figure it was because of my saucy screen name.

SVI on the other hand, just posting away.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Well what about items you buy at a local store that doesn't involve shipping? Is it still bad to return something you don't want after you tested it? I forgot to ask this question.

But if it's not good to even do it localy then I must really have to be careful on what I buy since I thought the whole reason for return policy is if I don't like the item I can get a refund or if something is not working right also.

BTW my screen name isn't SpankingVanillaIce anymore my new screen name is Dustin_Broke so you should say Dustin or so when you are talking about me. Since basicly SVI isn't in use anymore.

Btw I am just getting feedbacks from many people from other fourms also and seeing what they say. Or was I suppose to only ask this question on one forums? Since it seemed like you were saying warning about my other post on the other forums. But I am still learning and trying to find out why people were saying to not to refuse but now I know not to do it anymore. But now I wanted to know about returning an item to a local store for any reasons is ok or not. Since there is no shipping basicly I bring the item to the store and get the refund.

So far all the stores I been to and returned accepted a return because I found something better or not interested in it anymore or anything but maybe I should not even do it anymore. But if I don't return stuff anymore then it's going to be very hard since I have to really think before I buy something. Alot of times I have to try and see if I like an item at home in order to figure out if it will work out for me or will it not work out. Like if I got headphones or speakers I have to buy them and try them out and decide if I like them. Since there are millons of headphones and speakers out there it's hard to find the right one for me. Only way is to test them and see if I like them. But I will try my best to not return stuff if it's not good.

Well I know that forsure that if I buy stuff used at a Goodwill store or Thrift store I will need too test things out and see if it works for me and also if the item isn't broken so forsure there will be more chances I would return something at a Goodwill store or Thrift store. Goodwill have only 7 days to return an item and get a refund but if you talk to the manager there they might be able to make it to a month but only in store credit you can do.

Most electronics I buy are used since I' am in a tight budget. But some items I have are new.

But eatherway if it's not good to return stuff then I will have to try my best not to even localy. But someone said it's upto store policy but I don't know if its ok even if they let you return.

But it seems like you guys are saying that I should not keep trying and to find something I really want and then keep it and if in the future I don't want it just sell it or so.

Since it seems like I' am doing the whole thing wrong please let me know how you test, research and buy things and how you try to find something you really like.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dustin_Broke; 07-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.

I think what other posters object to about your posts is you ask for advice, argue about the advice given and then ignore that advice. For the last couple of years you've been asking about what are basically computer speakers. Every time you ask someone suggests saving your money and buying some "real" gear. You never do, although you live in a fairly large metropolitan area and have access to gear on CL. Then you come back two or three months later with questions about more computer speakers. That's why I've stopped responding to your posts.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster View Post
    Here's irony for you. I got banned from AK years ago and still don't know why. Never was invested enough to particularly care or find out why. Best I could figure it was because of my saucy screen name.

SVI on the other hand, just posting away.

We are a far more tolerant group. The mods do not get upset if someone has a different point of view. Just do not abuse another member or send too much hate our way.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Since it seems like returning at a store, online like Amazon, Ebay etc doesn't get good results for everyone. I really need to know what should I do if I am interested in something but don't know if it will work. I do look online but the specs doesn't always tell me right off the bat that this is what I need.
    Last edited by Dustin_Broke; 07-06-2011 at 03:15 PM.

I'm pretty sure that if THIS THREAD doesn't answer your questions, nothing will.

As they are finding out, trying to answer you to where you can, or will, understand even a simple concept is like digging a hole in dry sand, with a teaspoon, in a stiff wind. You are new there, but they are getting used to your ways... fast.

Forum Regular
    Whether refusing delivery or returning items purchased online is OK depends on the nature of the seller. Companies that are in the retail business expect a certain, small percentage of returns. That said, it is generally rude to buy things on a trial & error basis just to see if you like them. That's not the same as discovering the product doesn't live up to expectations.

However, many eBay and Amazon sellers are private individuals who are selling their personal used items. It is extremely rude to simply change your mind after you've committed to purchase such an item. Refusing delivery in this case puts the seller through the hassle and expense of relisting the item. You probably also deprived another buyer who really wanted the item. In short, buying and then reneging in this market is simply selfish. The only exception is if the seller has misrepresented the item in their listing.

Just my two cents.

Most of the stuff like speakers I' am interested in aren't there at a local store or if they have a receiver I' am interested in they aren't hooked up at all etc. It's really hard to test everything I want it they don't sell it and only sold online. Or if they are not hooked up. Alot of speakers I' am interested into is online so there is really no way to test them unless I buy them and try them.

I don't understand what's the point this markw guy is doing but he seems like he likes to show off my posts or what I' am asking and saying that I' am bad. I mean seriously I' am not a superstar so you don't need to show me off like I' am a actor on a movie or so. Maybe I' am thinking too much but it just seems like you are showing off about me and the bad parts only. Or what I have been posting on other forums. There is no point of showing my posts on other forums.

I basicly already said that I will try my best to not return but alot of times it will be hard since not everything that I like are in local stores to listen to.

Well anyways hopefuly my new JBL Control 1Xtreme will work better on my receiver and will not get soo hot like the Control 1. I think I should of gotten the Control 1Xtreme in the first place but I didn't know that 4 ohms speakers are not good for 8 ohms receivers and will get very hot.

All I know is people said this and that about ohms but I thought it would be ok and don't have to worry about it. But I guess ohms is important if you want to protect the receiver.

This markw guy...

..is simply trying to prevent too many people from playing your trolling game.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    ..is simply trying to prevent too many people from playing your trolling game.
    OK here we go with the word troll now I hear this soo many times but I have no idea why people say that. Since I' am not trying to do anything to affend or scar anyone or try to be mean to make people upset. I am a nice person and I don't hurt people or so. Since it seems like you are saying a troll is like a game but apparently it's not a good game. But I am not trying to play a game or anything. Maybe the way I' am sounds like one but I' am forsure not playing a game. Thank You

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information