Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    * Frequency response: 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB)

That's quite scary.
    That narrows it down to making sounds at some unknown frequency.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    * Frequency response: 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB)

That's quite scary.
    Ya I did notice that most Yamaha speakers are -10db. Even studio monitors are -10db too. But I think that the Yamaha MSR100 speakers mean that at 55hz its -10db. Even other studio monitors like the MSP10 are 40hz to 40kHz -10db. So of cource that means that at 40hz its -10db. Other monitors like the MSP3 are even -10db at 65hz too.

No that actually means that it produces 55hz - 20khz with UP TO -10 db variation. Yes it could be (and probably is) -10 at 55 hz, but it could also be -10 anywhere else too. That's pi$$ poor. If you want something meaningful, look for +/- 2db measured across the entire spectrum.

If it is indeed -10db at 55hz, then if rated like a good speaker it would probably be something like 200hz-14khz +/- 3db. That's Bose territory. Sheesh.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    No that actually means that it produces 55hz - 20khz with UP TO -10 db variation. Yes it could be (and probably is) -10 at 55 hz, but it could also be -10 anywhere else too. That's pi$$ poor. If you want something meaningful, look for +/- 2db measured across the entire spectrum.

If it is indeed -10db at 55hz, then if rated like a good speaker it would probably be something like 200hz-14khz +/- 3db. That's Bose territory. Sheesh.
    How do you know that Bose is +/- 3db around those freq? Since I look at there site they don't barely tell any specs on there speakers and I did call the tech support and they said that Mr. Bose doesn't like telling specs about his speakers he wants people to listen to them and the decide if they like it or not.
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 12-02-2005 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    How do you know that Bose is +/- 3db around those freq? Since I look at there site they don't barely tell any specs on there speakers and I did call the tech support and they said that Mr. Bose doesn't like telling specs about his speakers he wants people to listen to them and the decide if they like it or not.
    That's because their specs are so bad. They don't want you to compair them.
    Some people have simply tested their speakers and got numbers close to what Nab is saying. I don't have the links but someone else might. Really not worth it. Too many better speakers out there for less.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Buy a microphone and download the Audionet software and run a fullrange signal on your speakers. If you dont have one i can send one to you and then you set it at 75db and run the test and you will see the frequency repsonce on your laptop. But be warned the results will crush your world and open your eyes to the truth. And that truth is that your speakers will have huge holes in the spectrum, will never reach anything below maybe 200Hz in that room no matter what you try. Sorry, but please understand that i am trying to help you.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information