Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What ever happened ....

...to Ajani? HE seems to have just disappeared.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Charm Thai™
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Good riddance. The guy was the biggest cry baby on this forum. In his mind any opinion that wasn't the same as his own was incorrect therefore the person with the different opinion must be a liar.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post

I need to start the search again. I enjoyed him and I knew he put up with a lot from one member. My concern is when we IP ban spammers I hope we did not ban him by accident. On one site we band a whole country for one spammer. Oops
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

RGA
    Forum Regular
    That's funny.

When I lived in China I could never access Dagogo. The site was banned. Never could figure out why. Works in Hong Kong though.

I enjoyed Ajani's posts. Hope he is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060 View Post
    Good riddance. The guy was the biggest cry baby on this forum. In his mind any opinion that wasn't the same as his own was incorrect therefore the person with the different opinion must be a liar.
    You must be thinking of the wrong person. I always appreciated Ajani's post.

Charm Thai™
    Hi Feanor...nope same guy. He made one last post about how he wasn't going to be around here anymore because his feelings were hurt (typical case of if you can't take it then don't dish it out) or something like that. I'm actually surprised he's managed to stay away for this long but there's no doubt in my mind he'll eventually be back. Hopefully he'll have gotten some therapy, or better yet a lobotomy by then.

Granted I would never wish anyone harm so I do hope he is in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I need to start the search again. I enjoyed him and I knew he put up with a lot from one member. My concern is when we IP ban spammers I hope we did not ban him by accident. On one site we band a whole country for one spammer. Oops
    Pixy vanished around the time that the random bannings went out. I wonder how many people just moved on when they got that msg.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Pixy vanished around the time that the random bannings went out. I wonder how many people just moved on when they got that msg.

Banning of members are not random. We have banned IP addresses when an IP address has a number of registered screen names and several of them have spammed. One time spammers are banned by their screen names.

If Ajani stops by and reads this thread most of us would like you to return.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Forum Regular
    I believe Ajani is alive and well on AK.

When he didn't catch the humor in my Chinese dimestore gear pictures he had a peeing contest with another member and then disappeared. I enjoyed many of his posts and he kept us up to date on new gear.

Banning of members are not random. We have banned IP addresses when an IP address has a number of registered screen names and several of them have spammed. One time spammers are banned by their screen names.

If Ajani stops by and reads this thread most of us would like you to return.
    I was referring to this thread from 8/5/11. I Was Banned

Pixy's last post was on 8/4/11.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Charm Thai™
    I was referring to this thread from 8/5/11. I Was Banned

Pixy's last post was on 8/4/11.
    Ajani definitely gave a goodbye rant before he left so his absence is not a case of him being accidentally banned. For as much time and effort he spent trying to get others members banned I'm not sure if he himself was ever temporarily banned for any period of time.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    You must be thinking of the wrong person. I always appreciated Ajani's post.
    I agree with you Feanor. I like Ajani posts, he asks some very interesting questions, and always gives you something to think about.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

I got banned on one of my computers, and am still banned on that computer. But....there are other computers, so I am still here(much to everyone's chagrin).
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    I believe Ajani is alive and well on AK.

When he didn't catch the humor in my Chinese dimestore gear pictures he had a peeing contest with another member and then disappeared. I enjoyed many of his posts and he kept us up to date on new gear.
    Well its still odd Poultrygeist.....Ajani has only one post on AK after registering in April.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    french,

Then that was the one I read and assumed there were others.

The Scoop

Folks, Ajani emailed me personally and asked me to post for him since his account is cancelled at his own request ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani as emailed to Feanor
    As much as I enjoyed numerous discussions for around a decade on AR, a few months ago I decided it was time to leave the forum. As such I asked the Adam to delete my account, which he did.

I left for two reasons:

1) I find myself losing interest in HiFi discussions. Too many of them have descended into just one evangelical camp bashing another about which design philosophy / technology is best. I realized long ago that HiFi is about finding the solution that works best for you (at a particular stage in your life).
    2) I lost confidence in the moderation of the site. For over a year and a half TheHills44060 has been stalking me on the forum and sending me rude and harassing posts. A prime example is this negative rep point with the message: “haha Panasonic! this explains so much about u. must suck to be old, poor and stupid - thehills44060”. I made over a dozen complaints to the mods. Initially I was advised to hit the ignore button. I explained that doing so only meant that the TheHills would be free to bash me on the forum and I wouldn’t even know about it. Adam agreed and suspended TheHills for a few days. TheHills kept quiet for a few months and then slowly resumed his obsession with me (note the amount of posts he has made to bash me in this thread so far). I do not believe that it should be my duty to campaign to have another member banned and I am tired of having to report TheHills behaviour to the mods. On other HiFi forums personal attacks on members are deleted and the poster is warned. If the poster continues, he is banned. Why should AR be any different? If people want to consider me a “cry baby” for expecting to have intelligent discussions on HiFi and not endless bouts of name calling, then so be it.

Note: TheHills animosity towards me started simply because I challenged him for always jumping into any thread about Emotiva and making comments like “Emotiva, Yuck” rather than sharing an actual reason for why he disliked the brand. Apparently ‘Yuck’ is a valid opinion and I wasn’t respecting his point of view by requesting a reasoned explanation.

Regardless of future changes in moderation I will not be returning, as I feel that I have contributed more than my fair share of new threads and posts about HiFi. To all the members in this thread who asked about me, I truly appreciate the concern. I truly enjoyed those discussions with Frenchmon, Feanor, RGA, Sir T, E-Stat, Poultry, JM, GM, Mr Peabody and the list goes on and on. Even though I got into a few heated debates with RGA, Sir T, Poultry and Mr Peabody over the years, it never got personal and even though we had to agree to disagree a few times, I think real discussions were had about HiFi. I wish you all well.

Regards,
    Ajani

Suspended
    Ajani, if you see this, have a great life wherever you hang. You will be missed by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Folks, Ajani emailed me personally and asked me to post for him since his account is cancelled at his own request ...

Thank you, Feanor for posting his message.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Thank you, Feanor for posting his message.
    Yup, I'm just glad to know he's okay.

Why don't I remember all this drama...I musta been in Guantanamo
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I never received notices either. But it might have been before I was Modified. Glad to hear that he's okay. Sorry to hear his reasons for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I never received notices either. But it might have been before I was Modified. Glad to hear that he's okay. Sorry to hear his reasons for leaving.
    Modified I think you mean assimilated.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Dang Ajani! You are already missed man as you can tell! In actuality, you did help this place have some meaningful discussions with you posting your thoughts and commentary. Even when I didn't enter the discussions, I was a lurker on all your postings...I wish you would come back man. But I can certainly understand your concerns.

I did see your 1 posting on AK and was wondering if you will continue over there. There certainly are sections that are not audio, so have a cup of good coffee or tea or whatever the beverage of choice and drop us a note every now and then...even if its just to say what cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    Yup, I'm just glad to know he's okay.

Why don't I remember all this drama...I musta been in Guantanamo
    Ditto, never had a clue either. I always enjoyed Ajani's mature, well thought out posts. Not that I've been around much lately either but for different reasons.

Come Back Buddy but take care wherever your Rock is Rockin'.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I am sad as hell after reading this. While Ajani and I disagreed a few times, unlike some around here he never made his disagreement personal EVER! That is why I respected him so.

I am just bummed....really.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Modified? Is there something you're not telling us?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information