Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    But I must warn you.....I once asked an older guy about 73 years old, who wears da draws in your house....he said he does, and just as hi wife entered the room, he looked at me and said, the problem is....she does as well. Just remember when it comes to certain things in life like audio gear....we have to man-up and remember...we wear da draws, they don't.

frenchmon

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Yes and No.

In general the new gear is pretty generic and boring you pretty much have to look for the nameplate to tell it apart. I am obviously partial to the older gear with brushed metal and wood cases or sides. I actually have to polish some of my older gear periodically.

Some of the speakers today though I think are pretty cool looking and offer a variety of designs other than the traditional box.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    But I must warn you.....I once asked an older guy about 73 years old, who wears da draws in your house....he said he does, and just as hi wife entered the room, he looked at me and said, the problem is....she does as well. Just remember when it comes to certain things in life like audio gear....we have to man-up and remember...we wear da draws, they don't.

frenchmon
    Til they see the price. Then it's doghouse, self made meals, smelling the dirty clothes hamper for a memory. But you're friend was right, you do have to man up for what is of value to you. If it was too easy, imagine what you'd have. You go to the architect with a picture of your rig(s) and ask them to design a house around it. The kid's rooms are 6x6 and instead of a living room, you have a theater with elevated seating and passive sub tubes in the walls.

My take on the beauty of audio gear is, after she who must be obeyed and cars, yes it is a site to behold a beautiful tube amp or an old school MacIntosh receiver. I'm a stat speaker fan but I love to see a tower of ribbons, drivers and watch the brute power of a sub in full excursion. Gets the blood pumpin. How much time did the equipment mags get on the lou? And for me, stereo gear mags were right after National Geographics mags in development.

To summarize, ya gotta pay the cost to be the boss and gear is a beautiful thing.
    d HC b

Always looking for info Knightwick's Avatar
    It took me three times to find a wife that lets me be me. She don't understand why I love equipment and it's beauty but she never gets upset about it but maybe shakes her head a little. So my stereo faze lasted longer than two wives...Then again it will outlast me also.
    Knightwick
    Last edited by Knightwick; 10-27-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    why are you always posting up pix of hot chix? is it cause it rhymes or cause ... you're hard up?

Anyways, screw all that.

You best be closing your eyes when you listen to music or you've got it all wrong. So who cares if it looks like a sweet country peach or not.
    No, just stating the obvious, that if your wifey looks more like that than a yeti then sure
    you might not want to be making her mad.
    AS FOR CLOSING YOUR eyes, well, that would take half of the enjoyment outta my Krall and dion BLU CONCERT DISCS.
    wAKE UP AND SMELL the coffee, its the 21st century, mate.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

nightflier

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwick
    It took me three times to find a wife that lets me be me. She don't understand why I love equipment and it's beauty but she never gets upset about it but maybe shakes her head a little. So my stereo faze lasted longer than two wives...Then again it will outlast me also.
    Knightwick
    Considering how much divorces cost these days, that must be one heck of a sound system.

But this also begs the question of the original poster: is it pretty?

Audio equipment can be drop dead sexy, but then again, it can be ugly as hell to...

with that said, I find my Mc & Thiels do pretty well in the "attractiveness" scale IMHO...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

It sure would help things if more ads looked like this...

(Sultry woman's voice): "My man's away, but as long as the Sumiko is on, life is swell!"

VO: "Sumiko: Making life better for all of us."

(Cue in Beethoven's 9th)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

I sure do like how my system looks.

BTW. Where's the voting part of this poll?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vote: Is Stereo Equipment Attractive?-ht-8-18-08-reduced.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

This one is for you Pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vote: Is Stereo Equipment Attractive?-nat.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information