Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2004

    Source for RF DE-modulator?

    I'm looking for simple box that will give me a coaxial-in (Cable TV) port and split the signal to output Left Audio, Right Audio and Composite Video (usually white, red and yellow RCA plugs).

    Radio Shack used to sell these. Now I can't find any at any store.

    Anyone know where I can find one of these? Had a Radio Shack model from years ago, but it finally died ...

    I know this can be done through an old VCR, but I'm nor looking for the tuner section, plus would rather have a smaller box in this cramped space.

    I'm trying to take the coaxial cable TV signal and deliver the audio to an old stereo receiver and the video only to a TV. Come to think if it, I'll probably have to use Coax out from such a box to use the TV's tuner? Then I'll just keep the TV on mute.

  2. #2
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?

    Believe it or not, the VCR is your best route.

    I've heard of a few professional pieces that do the same thing as a VCR (sans tape deck) but they cost a lot more, well into the hundreds of dollars.
    Last edited by markw; 01-15-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts