Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Sweet thanks Joe. I was looking at some Kimber stuff yesterday. I don't think my equipment merits it, thank god! The shop puts together some pre-made stuff so that guys who aren't able, (but have the cash) can get in on the action. They were making an RCA, 5 strand piece. It was 2 meters long and all 5 strands were run into a shielded cover. I lost track at about 400.00 trying to add up the cost, never mind the labour. You notice a big difference when you made that leap?
    When I bought the Kimber I got a very good deal on half a dozen IC's. That's why I bought them. I like the sound of Silver very much. Check the links below if you're interested in making your own IC's. The instructions are for Silver wire but you can substitute copper if you want. Had I not gotten a great deal I would have made mine following one of these links.

Anyone with the skills you have demonstrated you have can easily make their own cables and save a bundle.

http://www.venhaus1.com/diysilverinterconnects.html

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Power/diySilver/
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Wow, the DIY audio projects site looks awesome...and easy!! See, this is exactly the type of project I want to concern myself with. I want to stop obsessing about buying "new" items or "upgrades" and focus solely on the equipment that I have. I am now working to make sure each piece is as good as it can be. Aside from that, a project like this is exactly up my alley right now.

I have a couple things I must first do before I can get to this.

What is the estimated cost Joe, using silver of course. Is there alot of savings going to copper?

Suspended
    Hermanv, a member here, and an EE, built his own cables after extensive research and experimentation. His findings were that it cost as much to make them yourself using quality material as it would to buy a quality set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information