Forum Regular

rx-v2500 or rx-v757?

Hi
    Would you those the rx-v2500(who is the most expensive and oldest model) or the newer rx-v757?
    Witch one has the best sound and is there some new stuff in the rx-v757 who is useful in daily life?
    Thanks for any help
    Regards Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by benjiee
    Hi
    Would you those the rx-v2500(who is the most expensive and oldest model) or the newer rx-v757?
    Witch one has the best sound and is there some new stuff in the rx-v757 who is useful in daily life?
    Thanks for any help
    Regards Benjamin
    The 757 is xm radio ready. The 2500 has a little more power and I like the 6 memory settings. Here is the Yamaha website. It has all the info.
    http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/r...RXV_series.htm
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    so you dont think that there is much difference in the quality of the sound on the two recivers?

I have never heard the 757, but I have heard only good things about it.
    Have you listened to it yet? This is very key. Everyone hears things differently.
    Another thing is the speakers you will be using? Do you have them picked out?

But, I do doubt that there is a huge difference in sound between these two.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    The 2500 has a larger power supply unit and can deliver more juice when called upon. Sound quality wise, though, you won't find much difference if any. I've compared the older HTR-5760 and my RX-V1400 in my own home (these are previous models with mostly the same components). If there's a difference you'd have to be a bat to hear it. Those smaller Yamahas benefit form the trickle down effect, a lot of the same componentry used.

More features on the 2500 though, and if you're worried about power and like it loud, it's always nice to have. It looks better too.

Big price difference between these. Only you can decide if it's worth the difference.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I have never heard the 757, but I have heard only good things about it.
    Have you listened to it yet? This is very key. Everyone hears things differently.
    Another thing is the speakers you will be using? Do you have them picked out?

But, I do doubt that there is a huge difference in sound between these two.
    my speakers are old B/O and they will be changed in the future.
    I havent heart them yet I will do so, thanks a lot for help and advice

Quote Originally Posted by benjiee
    my speakers are old B/O and they will be changed in the future.
    I havent heart them yet I will do so, thanks a lot for help and advice
    Anytime.

Welcome to AR by the way. I didn't notice that this was your first post.
    Stick around and ask lots of questions. You'll find many helpful people here. Most of them can give you more detailed answers than myself. Take note to what Kex has to say.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    The 2500 has a larger power supply unit and can deliver more juice when called upon. Sound quality wise, though, you won't find much difference if any. I've compared the older HTR-5760 and my RX-V1400 in my own home (these are previous models with mostly the same components). If there's a difference you'd have to be a bat to hear it. Those smaller Yamahas benefit form the trickle down effect, a lot of the same componentry used.

More features on the 2500 though, and if you're worried about power and like it loud, it's always nice to have. It looks better too.

Big price difference between these. Only you can decide if it's worth the difference.
    The price differences at my place (Denmark) are 340 USD:
    2500: 880 USD
    757: 540 USD
    I agree that the 2500 is the best looking but think that I will go for the 757 because the price difference and perhaps also because of the XM-radio (haven’t tried it yet but it is good to have the opportunity)
    Thanks for advice

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Anytime.

Welcome to AR by the way. I didn't notice that this was your first post.
    Stick around and ask lots of questions. You'll find many helpful people here. Most of them can give you more detailed answers than myself. Take note to what Kex has to say.
    Thanks for the welcome
    It seems like a good forum!
    and thaks for a quick reply

Nice thing about the RX-V757 is it has pre-outs. If you decide you want more power, or want a better sounding amp than the receiver's built in amplifier, you can add one.

In fact, if you don't expect to use the Phone input on the receiver, and can live without a learning remote, I'd recommend you save another $50-$100 and get the RX-V657 or HTR-5860. These are exactly the same as the 757 without phono and learning remote and are a bit more affordable. Something to consider.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Nice thing about the RX-V757 is it has pre-outs. If you decide you want more power, or want a better sounding amp than the receiver's built in amplifier, you can add one.

In fact, if you don't expect to use the Phone input on the receiver, and can live without a learning remote, I'd recommend you save another $50-$100 and get the RX-V657 or HTR-5860. These are exactly the same as the 757 without phono and learning remote and are a bit more affordable. Something to consider.
    A good advise
    But I have a Panasonic PT-AE300 projektor and I would like control this unit with my remote and I dont think that the 657 remote can do that? But else I agree with you.

As kex said, the 2500 has a larger power supply and can probably supply more juice under duress. It also has a roomier chassis with more spacing between the different components -- better heat dissipation and slightly less potential for interference. Keep in mind that the 2500 has been discontinued while the 757 is still a relatively new model. You have a lot more room to deal down on a 2500, so in the end, the price might actually be pretty close between the two models. Generally, I would go with a closeout midlevel Yamaha over a newer entry level series receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Generally, I would go with a closeout midlevel Yamaha over a newer entry level series receiver.
    Wooch makes good sense if you can snag a deal on these. I've seen the 657 and 757 being sold cheap, but not the larger models (not from Authorized retailers at least).

Not sure I'd call the 657 or 757 "Entry Level". Not that I disagree completely, they are smaller units, but Yamaha has 3 models that are built on smaller, cheaper platforms. Almost doesn't seem fair to those nice receivers. With Yamaha selling, $2000, $4000, $5000 receivers, the 2500 could be considered "upper entry level"? The nice thing about the 2500 is the larger case. Gives the illusion it's a much better receiver. My 1400 is the same. Crack it open and you'll see all the parts it shares with the RX-V657 though.

I'd just hate for people to think they're only getting "entry level" receivers for $400, when there's junky Kenwoods and Sony's selling for under $150. Guess it's all relative.

Thread Information