Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Chicago IL
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago ,IL
    Posts
    1,188

    Radioshack Catalogs

    Here are all the catalogs from 1939 to 2005. I found this interesting so I wanted to share with you! You can kill the time looking on those catalogs and learn something new


    http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/ca...directory.html

  2. #2
    Sgt. At Arms Worf101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Troy, New York
    Posts
    4,288

    Wowsers....

    Thanks man, that's quite the find. However thanks to you I'm probably gonna git fired for spending too much time at this site. Great stuff!!!

    Worf

  3. #3
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    Here are all the catalogs from 1939 to 2005. I found this interesting so I wanted to share with you! You can kill the time looking on those catalogs and learn something new

    http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/ca...directory.html
    That's a fun reference, Dakata. Thanks for reminding me.

    I really miss Radio Shack here in Canada. We never did quite, (at least not in decades), have the selection available in the U.S., but the successor to RS in Canada, The Source, is very deficient source indeed for the extent and variet of what RS offers.

  4. #4
    Mutant from table 9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    I loved getting these. I remember them primarily from the 1990s. The were the greatest mix of the Divine (I want one of those!) to the Insipid (Who would possibly buy that?) to the Mysterious (Who exactly is the target market for that?).

    I'm listening to a box of old cassettes in my garage system and there's a bunch of those bullsh!t "Supertapes" in there. I always got a couple packs in my Christmas stocking as a kid. Those things were garbage but have held up pretty well for being 25 years old.
    ______________________
    Joyce Summers: "You've got really great albums!"
    Rupert "Ripper" Giles: "Yeah... they're okay..."


    "Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

    "I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

  5. #5
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Margate, Florida
    Posts
    614
    This is a terrific site. I went through some of the catalogues to find some specific things. I found the stereo mike that I bought in the mid 1980s but I could not remember what I paid for this wonderful item; it was 20 bucks and well worth it. I was also surprised of the tube eqipment made under the Realistic name; pre and power amps along with integrated amplfiers.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,528

    Cool

    1976, page 25, my first "serious" receiver. With a pair of Optimus 2ways, my second set of
    Optimus speakers. And don't forget to figure in Inflation.
    Kinda sad looking at these, from kits that assembled rather sophisticated gear to
    receivers made by Pioneer, and pretty much junky crap by the mid seventies.
    Sure I LOVED my first receiver, but you always love your first. My fav is the 1400$
    "amateur " radio transmitter from the 49" catalog(about 14,000 in todays dollars).
    Amateur my butt.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  7. #7
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959

    Thanks dakatabg

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    My fav is the 1400$ "amateur " radio transmitter from the 49" catalo (about 14,000 in todays dollars). Amateur my butt.
    Those who were into AM/FM/Shorwave/Amatuer radio before the digital age, would treat the Radioshack cataloge as bible since it offer so many choices and accesories to that hobby.

    Still have their shortwave radio DX-160 in the closet, and in mint condition I might add


  8. #8
    Swing rakeford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    183
    I'm surprised ARers didn't know about this. I've been using it for a few months now. To show you how analaudio I am, here's my first set of audio gear, the catalog price, calalog year and page number. I still have everything except the TT/cartidge and the headphones.

    ModelPart No.catyearpp
    $
    STA-80 stereo receiver31-2046249.9519748
    Realistic/ Miracord-40C turntable42-2601134.50197432
    Realistic/ Shure R27E cartidge42-276322.95197439
    Optmus 2B speaker40-2023A69.95197524
    Optmus 2B speaker40-2023A69.95197524
    LV-10 "High-Velocity" Headphones33-100439.95197529
    45-rpm Automatic Spindle42-25869.95197432
    Delux Dust Cover42-26026.95197432
    STA-7M stereo receiver31-1978179.95198167
    Philips GA312/ Stanton 681EEE/ Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata ===>>|
    Yamaha DVD-S2700 CD/SACD/DVD >> MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha CDC-765 CD 5 disc >>==== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    JVC TD-W709 Cassette >>======== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha RX-797 Receiver -------------------------------------+
    Sennheiser HD650 Head phones <<===========================<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<L############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##L<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<R############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##R<<|

  9. #9
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,528

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by rakeford
    I'm surprised ARers didn't know about this. I've been using it for a few months now. To show you how analaudio I am, here's my first set of audio gear, the catalog price, calalog year and page number. I still have everything except the TT/cartidge and the headphones.

    ModelPart No.catyearpp
    $
    STA-80 stereo receiver31-2046249.9519748
    Realistic/ Miracord-40C turntable42-2601134.50197432
    Realistic/ Shure R27E cartidge42-276322.95197439
    Optmus 2B speaker40-2023A69.95197524
    Optmus 2B speaker40-2023A69.95197524
    LV-10 "High-Velocity" Headphones33-100439.95197529
    45-rpm Automatic Spindle42-25869.95197432
    Delux Dust Cover42-26026.95197432
    STA-7M stereo receiver31-1978179.95198167

    HEY, you went with the "deluxe" dust cover!
    Way to go!
    BEST THING about the SHACK, they gave credit to starving music loving teens.
    It took awhile to figure out that mainstream gear was the same price.
    USUALLY.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  10. #10
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Margate, Florida
    Posts
    614

    1976 RS catalog

    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    1976, page 25, my first "serious" receiver. With a pair of Optimus 2ways, my second set of
    Optimus speakers. And don't forget to figure in Inflation.
    Kinda sad looking at these, from kits that assembled rather sophisticated gear to
    receivers made by Pioneer, and pretty much junky crap by the mid seventies.
    Sure I LOVED my first receiver, but you always love your first. My fav is the 1400$
    "amateur " radio transmitter from the 49" catalog(about 14,000 in todays dollars).
    Amateur my butt.
    I used to bop into RS stores constantly at that time. Note that the receivers carried "quatravox" which was a passive surround sound circuit. A few pages up has the SA-1000 int. amp which I owned. This 20 watt/ch. amp had nearly every feature you could have possibly wanted on an amplifier. It was not a bad amplfier. Sound quality was sort of like a Nad/Yamaha/Dynaco blend. The unit also had the "quatravox" circuit and I believed I tried it without any good results. It would be nearly 10 years before I began to understand things about passive surround decoding. I did like many of their receivers mainly because they had good stereo separation.

  11. #11
    Forum Regular pixelthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,528

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by kelsci
    I used to bop into RS stores constantly at that time. Note that the receivers carried "quatravox" which was a passive surround sound circuit. A few pages up has the SA-1000 int. amp which I owned. This 20 watt/ch. amp had nearly every feature you could have possibly wanted on an amplifier. It was not a bad amplfier. Sound quality was sort of like a Nad/Yamaha/Dynaco blend. The unit also had the "quatravox" circuit and I believed I tried it without any good results. It would be nearly 10 years before I began to understand things about passive surround decoding. I did like many of their receivers mainly because they had good stereo separation.
    Yeah, I bought a standalone el cheapo passive surround box in the mid eighties. This
    got me started on the road to HT. It was basically just a few resistors splitting the difference
    info from the front, but it sounded really good. I used to play with their science fair kits also.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

  12. #12
    Swing rakeford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    HEY, you went with the "deluxe" dust cover!
    Way to go!
    BEST THING about the SHACK, they gave credit to starving music loving teens.
    It took awhile to figure out that mainstream gear was the same price.
    USUALLY.
    Yeah, I kinda wish I still had that TT. Note I got the 45 auto spindle too.

    Yep, I was about 17 when I bought the Shack system. I became "good friends" with the salesman there. When I came back considering other components such as the LV-10 headphones, I remember him saying, "Hey, have I ever let you down". In retrospect, he never did.
    Philips GA312/ Stanton 681EEE/ Jico D6800EEE-S Shibata ===>>|
    Yamaha DVD-S2700 CD/SACD/DVD >> MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha CDC-765 CD 5 disc >>==== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    JVC TD-W709 Cassette >>======== MONSTER STANDARD THX i100 >>|
    Yamaha RX-797 Receiver -------------------------------------+
    Sennheiser HD650 Head phones <<===========================<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<L############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##L<<|
    Klipsch RF-7 <<R############### MONSTER MSERIES MCX-2S ##R<<|

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Great memories, thanks. I used to wear those catalogs out dreaming of some of their products. I stopped by the local Shack so often the couple who owned the franchise thought I was one of their kids.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  14. #14
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Home Of The Fighting Gamecocks
    Posts
    1,701
    The cheap little old Radio Shack 40-1197 full range driver is now a cult classic among the DIY set. It's the same as the acclaimed Fostex FE103 and the driver most often used in the Buschhorns. I doubt they ever sold for much more than $5.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •