Newbie saying hello..

Hello all! Just joined the forum today. I haven't filled out the componet section of my profile, I have to get everything together, model numbers etc. Anyway I came accross a thread while looking for a review on some Cerwin Vega's. I'm a die hard Cerwin Vega fan, and have been for quit some time now. Anyway, hello to all, and look forward to spending some time on the forum.

Tommy
    "The art of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his!" General George S. Patton

Componets
    Onkyo TX-DS575X 500 Watt DTS Receiver
    Onkyo Five disc CD Changer
    Kenwood Dual Tape Deck

Speakers
    Cerwin Vega LS-15 Mains (400 Watts)
    LS-5C Center Channel (100 Watts)
    LS-5 Rear Channels (100 Watts)
    V-12S CV Powered Sub (300 Watts)

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome to AudioReview. We have a good time sharing information. I am sure you will hear from other CV fans.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Forum Regular

Cerwin Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus77
    Hello all! Just joined the forum today. I haven't filled out the componet section of my profile, I have to get everything together, model numbers etc. Anyway I came accross a thread while looking for a review on some Cerwin Vega's. I'm a die hard Cerwin Vega fan, and have been for quit some time now. Anyway, hello to all, and look forward to spending some time on the forum.

Tommy
    I have a pair of DX-9S out in my shop. I like to play my drums along with music and the DX-9S are good for that. They are loud enough to hear over the drums and that is LOUD.Sometimes i use headphones but once in awhile i like to hear the speakers and drum without the phones, i just think it sounds better that way, but hard on the ears. Hope you injoy AR,

Is DX a line of CV?
    "The art of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his!" General George S. Patton

Componets
    Kenwood Dual Tape Deck

Speakers

Forum Regular

Cv Line

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus77
    Is DX a line of CV?
    Yea, they are a older line of CV not sure when i got them maybe 10 years ago or more not sure , they have 15'' woofers, and are really big and heavy and loud. easy to drive.

Cool, if you ever get a chance to upload a pic, holler at me, I would love to see them. My aunt has a pair that she bought about 15 years ago, not real sure of the model #, but they are 15's in a cherry colored closure. They have two 6" mids, and a tweeter. Each mid and tweeter has an ajustable freqency. They rock hard to this day. Funny how the older stuff, tends to hang, or even out do the newer models!

Componets
    Kenwood Dual Tape Deck

Speakers

welcome to the forums.
    hope you enjoy your stay.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hey dude, welcome to ar.com...
    I had a pair of CV's back in college, don't remember the model number exactly, I think they were VS120's, a big ass 12" woofer in a 3-way noise maker back in the dorm/apartments. High sensitivity, my old Technics ran them after my old Harman Kardon melted...literally. We played them only 1 way...dial at max. Kind of stupid when I think back now, but they were pretty popular for small parties back in the day, took a lot of abuse and always got compliments about their sound quality.

I miss them...I plan on building myself a set of CV styled shop/outdoor speakers when my hand gets better.
    My roommates must have played AC/DC's Back in Black a million times on those...

Yeah, I hear a lot of stories from back in the day, and I get a kick out hearing them. I also like seeing the old vintage stuff. Most of the old stuff, can hang or out do new technology today. My LS-15's I have now are great, and really loud, I just wish I would have bought a model with the dial settings for the mids, and tweets. It seems after about 30 mins of hard hitting, really loud music, the tweeters will get hot and shut off, or go into reset mode. A good protection system I must say, but a bummer when you have to turn the system down for a few minutes, to reset them. Other than that, I love mine, and have blew many of fuses during the six years I have had them so far. Thanks for the response!

Tommy

Componets
    Kenwood Dual Tape Deck

Speakers

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey Morpheus,
    I'm not very knowledgable on CV, just a few remembrances from college days (ouch that was loud), just stoppin' by to say welcome to the forum.

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Greetings Morpheus!
    Welcome aboard join in the fun.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Hello to you too...

Allow me as the forum's resident Klingon to be the first to growl at you...

RRRRRRRR

Da Worfster

Forum Regular

Cerwin Vega Pics.

I will try to show you some pics of my Cerwin Vega DX-9S Speakers [ I hope, not to good at uploading pics, I use these in my shop for play along speakers for my drum set, I did have them on my main system in the house at one time, but then i got a wide screen tv and got in two home theater and there just was not enough room for speakers of this size, They are 35 1/2 inches tall 18'' wide and 17 1/2'' deep and weigh a ton. I put the whole system on rollers so i can move it around in the shop, that way i can watch football know matter what part of the shop im working in, or roll it in front of the drum set or just get it out of my way if need be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie saying hello..-shop-system.jpg   Newbie saying hello..-shop-system-2.jpg   Newbie saying hello..-cvspeaker.jpg   Newbie saying hello..-cv-speaker.jpg  
    Last edited by s dog; 10-22-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Those are good looking CV's! I like the older models, they sound so much better than the current models. In fact, I'm looking to get my hands on a pair of D-9's, which is about 10 years older than your pair their in your shop. Thanks for the pics.

Tommy

Componets
    Kenwood Dual Tape Deck

Speakers

Thread Information