Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NAD or ?

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ren9328
    Poppa, you can still make out but it WILL cost a bit more.

I am one of those that is willing to pay the extra 400% for the few % improvement that top flight gear is capable of. On the other hand I have listened to the mid-level equipment and know how good it can be and what a great value it is.
    I wasn't trying to take away from any of your fine advice ren. Ryan is a newbie and I just want him to understand that Audiogon isn't always the best option for us Canucks.

Forum Regular
    yeah rga i have been to sound hounds only once but they have some very nice stuff in there and yeah im still a noobie :P

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    As a Canadian I have to disagree. More and more sellers on Audiogon can't be bothered to ship here. It's quite discouraging. Canuck Audio Mart is simply not at the same level as Audiogon, therefore, we lose.

It means as Canucks we must look harder for our bargains.
    BTW, living in Canada, I've several times bought equipment from Audiogon sellers who had stated "USA only".

The trick was that I (1) offerred the full price without haggling, and (2) assured them that I would be entirely responsible for the brokerage, duty, and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanianmckinnon
    yeah rga i have been to sound hounds only once but they have some very nice stuff in there and yeah im still a noobie :P
    You've been doing too much texting, Ryan. Around here we aim to capitalize were appropriate and use proper punctuation.

Forum Regular
    i know im slowly getting better but i just bought a new int. amp last night im so happy with it now i gotta start saving up for some better speakers, im looking for some towers, id like my budget to be around $1000 since im still in school and only working part time but any speakers i have my amp with be able to power them

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

in this month's stereophile is a marantz intgrated

the pm5003 which was reviewed with lowing terms. list price of $450 with 55wpc. check out the review, maybi its available in canada.

if this was what i needed, i would be on it like white on rice.
    ...regards...tr

AR Newbie Registered Member KiltriP's Avatar
    Hey there, I have an old NAD that I scored for free because a friend found it at a junk yard with its power cord cut off. I replaced the cord and it worked perfect. Keep checking craigslist.org and search for NAD's, Adcom, Rotel and so on. I'm sure you can find a decent used unit. I also picked up my Rotel receiver for $150 and it is perfect. The sound is unbelievable with both the NAD and Rotel. I haven't personally heard any Adcom amps or anything but I have heard good thngs.
    "This is the only chance we will ever get
    So make the most of it, live live with no regrets
    Live life while you can, or life will pass you by
    If you've already given in, then you've already died"

Rotel Rsx-972
    NAD 7240PE
    Wharfedale 10.1
    Mirage Omnisat

The Wulf

Hey man,
    I did a lot of research and right here at this website. I didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted a quality product. There are so many kinds of electronics. There are amps, integrated amps, receivers, tuners and amps (components), tubes, solid state. Your head can spin. I ended up researching the the products here along with speakers. My system is a NAD 355 BEE 80 watts per channel. I bought it used on Audiogon for $500. Remember, we are in a Depression and he who has the gold makes the rules. Cash rules. Don't be to anxious.
    Its a great integrated amp. The power is very clean. My room is about 22' x 13'. I have B & W speakers. CDM 1nt's. They are very nice but a little bright. Missing some bass I am saying. Because the system is a 2 channel system I am told I can't hook up a subwoofer that would give me the added bass. I might if I unhook the other pair of speakers, I think. Have you looked into speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by bjdalton1
    Hey man,
    I did a lot of research and right here at this website. I didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted a quality product. There are so many kinds of electronics. There are amps, integrated amps, receivers, tuners and amps (components), tubes, solid state. Your head can spin. I ended up researching the the products here along with speakers. My system is a NAD 355 BEE 80 watts per channel. I bought it used on Audiogon for $500. Remember, we are in a Depression and he who has the gold makes the rules. Cash rules. Don't be to anxious.
    Its a great integrated amp. The power is very clean. My room is about 22' x 13'. I have B & W speakers. CDM 1nt's. They are very nice but a little bright. Missing some bass I am saying. Because the system is a 2 channel system I am told I can't hook up a subwoofer that would give me the added bass. I might if I unhook the other pair of speakers, I think. Have you looked into speakers?
    You can run speakers through many subs. Speaker wires from amp to sub and then from sub to speakers. You can also run the sub off of PRE OUT 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information