Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: mythbusters sub

  1. #1
    BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,994

    mythbusters sub

    Anybody see the 48" car sub that did 16Hz@161db?
    Look & Listen

  2. #2
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    filet - o - fish Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Anybody see the 48" car sub that did 16Hz@161db?
    was that the mythbusters when they were debunking the "brown note" myth?
    /create

  3. #3
    Mutant from table 9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    Yeah, I saw the brown note episode, but don't remember them using a 48 inch car sub. This is the biggest car sub I've seen. It was on Pimp my Ride: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...jackHammer.cfm

    You just know your a douchebag if you have a jackHammer.

  4. #4
    BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,994
    No,this was different. It was new and they built this thing inside of a car to see if they could blowup the car.
    Look & Listen

  5. #5
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    filet - o - fish Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    Yeah, I saw the brown note episode, but don't remember them using a 48 inch car sub. This is the biggest car sub I've seen. It was on Pimp my Ride: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...jackHammer.cfm

    You just know your a douchebag if you have a jackHammer.
    hmmm i guess i should take the 10 i have out of my Hummer with the 140" rims and quad 8.3 liter V10 Viper engines, one running each tire.... i get 10 feet to the gallon out of this badboy and you can feel me coming from 4 states away!
    /create

  6. #6
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    928
    I saw it. It was a 51" woofer with the cone driven by a cam off the drive shaft of a deisel Mercedes. Adam said it plays three tunes first, second and third. It reached 161db @ 16Hz before blowing out the sun roof and letting the internal pressure out. When the pressure released it self destructed. An episode well worth seeing.

  7. #7
    rockin' the mid-fi audio_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ottawa, ontario
    Posts
    1,018
    sweeeeeeetttttt
    *excuse me while i get a mop for all this drool*

  8. #8
    BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by bfalls
    I saw it. It was a 51" woofer with the cone driven by a cam off the drive shaft of a deisel Mercedes. Adam said it plays three tunes first, second and third. It reached 161db @ 16Hz before blowing out the sun roof and letting the internal pressure out. When the pressure released it self destructed. An episode well worth seeing.
    LMAO,that woofer was really working was'nt it?
    Look & Listen

  9. #9
    rockin' the mid-fi audio_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ottawa, ontario
    Posts
    1,018
    damn, 161db? you'd FEEL that for miles around!

    (thats louder than a space shuttle taking off!)

  10. #10
    Suspended superpanavision70mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    619
    actually you couldn't hear anything because it was the wave of sound that was at such a slow rate that human ears couldn't pick it up. However, the air it created escaped through the moon roof before it had time to shatter the car apart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •