Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    I have noticed reading on this forum that it seems 80% of the people are just total skeptics when it come to anything cable or power related. Some of them say there is NO difference from a $5 - $10 interconnect and a $500 - $800 one, I find that ludicrous.

Proof is in the pudding. No such evidence has been produced since day one, many moons ago. Many have tried, all have failed.

I don’t understand why they are such nonbelievers in the little extra things. I think things like cables, and power conditioning are just other ways to improve your system, and worth the investment if you can afford it.

Just my 2 cents.

No evidence to support any of the claims. Just making claims is not evidence.
    Oh Jesus. I have had it. Say whatever you like. I never said it was evidence, just my take on the subject. Stop reading between the lines, you over analyze what people say.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Talking Power conditioners

After reading all the negative stuff from others, I thought I'd toss some fuel into the fire by saying that if you have expensive audio/video equipment, and don't think you need any power protection, you're mistaken. Whether or not the salesperson gets more $ or not, power conditioning DOES help equipment sound and look better. Maybe buying a Panamax 5500 AC Regenerator like mine costs too much, but I live in Florida, and lightning here has already toasted one of my PC's and I'm not about to watch the same thing happen to my system. Once I hooked up my Panamax, the hisses during silent parts in my audio and video went to complete blackness, my video looks 1000% better, with no snow or lines, and I feel secure knowing that my Panamax will either fix or shut everything down if the power drops too low or goes too high, not to mention the insurance in case something does fry!

Maybe before you guys slam something, you should understand a little more about what it's designed to do, and how much you should expect from cheap electronics. Many times, you get what you pay for!

I'm posting this not to slam, but to educate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information