AR Newbie Registered Member

How can i clear audio off background noises?

I have recorded audio file with my digital voice recorder at 44kHZ and 64 kbps stereo, although there was fan working in background and voices of those who speaks are just slightly louder than that fan (fan is about 3,2 feet away away, but other direction than voice recorder), can i somehow remove fan noise, what would be best way?

Heres sample when they turn on fan Link 1
    Second sample Link 2, one person speaks way to quiet, can it be cleared somehow, though i need best way to clear it so it could be suitable for law court.
    To download files click link and scroll to bottom of page there is link Download Link: sample .wav

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Can't be done.

Just call it "ambience".
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Can't be done.

Just call it "ambience".
    It can be, i used some AV Voice Changer and it removes noise and makes voices clear although it adds some "beep" noises to recording.

Forum Regular
    Yea it can be done if you have a section of the recording where it is just the fan making noise on its own. Then you can use this section as a template and subtract it from the rest of the recording. This can be done easily in Adobe Audition or the likes. You just capture the section of noise and use it against the rest of the recording.

Forum Regular

Fitch Group New York City

There is a company I have used in the past to decipher multi party litigation tapes which are taped under non-optimal conditions (no omnidirectional microphone and a boardroom full of people who need to be identified as individual speakers). It is not cheap. The company that used to do it for my firm was called The Fitch Group in NYC. I would not think it worth your time unless it is being used in court but it is more than possible.

Thread Information