Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    And I'm sure that it's going to be $200 million forever. In 5 years, lets revisit this topic. By then BR/HD-DVD will be an afterthought, and D/L will be on top.
    Half right. HD DVD will be an afterthought, and BR would have had a 3.8billion dollar head start. D/L would have to go through a costly internet face lift, broadband would have to be in over 70% of American homes, and the only delivery system for movies would have to be downloads. Best estimate for this is more than a decade, cause you haven't even started the process.

You started with the liar comments dumb ass. Just waiting for you to actually debate, instead of trying to come up with witty coments about my Avatar. But since you actually don't have anything realistic or on topic to add, I'll wait for your next meat reference.
    You lied, not just once, but several times. So if I am a dumb ass, then you must be a beyond retarded ass, because I have shot and killed every last one of your points dead better than a drive by.

Then perhaps you ought to stop commenting about them. Your lack of knowledge and intellegence are showing.
    Gettin a little short on real info huh. You have to prove claims of lack of knowledge and intelligence, you just can't say it and hope it sticks.

No, I think I was referencing the fact that its easier to pull the HD out of the PS3 (it is). It wouldn't be that difficult to then attach the HD to a computer. A little emulation and it can access the info. On the 360, you need to modify the motherboard. It is different.
    Emulation is not going to help get you past copy protection, oh but a little gamer child probably would not know this. The only way to get any information off the drive of a PS3 is took hook it to a computer that has a HDCP compliant input. This prevents hard drive misuse. I know this, because I actually own one. The fact is, you do not, so what you say is suspect, more so because you have already been busted telling lies.

For the PS3, there are A LOT of Linux applications that are doing the same thing that motherboard "mods" are doing to the 360. But you wouldn't know that because you don't care. So stop acting like your the definative source on console info. Because your not.
    When you actually OWN the PS3, you do not have to be a definitive source on console info, just read the instructions. And sorry, a linux application can be rendered useless in the PS3 by a simple firmware upgrade that cannot be avoided. You try and play a new game, or movie that REQUIRES a firmware update, and it is disabled. Since alot of the newer movies are requiring thses updates to play the movies, then there is no way out. With games it is even more covered in that all you have to do is put the firmware update within the game, and boom there goes the application. Remember Sony is not obligated to use Linux or support it, and it is not required to make the player operate. Mine does not use Linux.

And please explain the last comment on your quote? How is a modded 360 going to play hacked movies? Without the latest "Key" the movies don't play. Get on live to get a key, and your system is "bricked". Seems like a waste to kill your system for a $4.00 d/l. But again your ignorance gets in the way of your inability to shut up when your behind.
    Sorry, but hacked movies don't need keys. And if you have modded your player at the motherboard level, the keys are not necessary to play any pirated game or movie. What makes a game pirated, is that the security codes are already cracked and off the game or movie. Just like a ripped CD or DVD. Once again, your comment only pertain to XBOX live connections. If you do not connect, they cannot brick your system. If you are using pirated games and movies, then there is absolutely no reason to go to XBOX live. Bang, shot again!

No, your total lack of grip of reality can only lead one to belive that you are in advanced stages of dementia. So, you might be young in years, but your mental ability can only be described as "ancient".
    When unable to debate effectively, just spin it to a personal level. Old trick for such a young kid. Us "old men" knew about this when the dinosaur ruled the earth. Its a shame you kiddy's are just now learning old school, because we "old men" see you coming, and going.

The fact that Disney is even offering programming for d/l is a pretty big thing for MS. It's not like they said MS will NEVER get more, they are starting out slowly. Discount it all you want, but every business starts slowly. Just because physical media is a larger business model now doesn't mean it will be forever. Only a total ass would assume it will. My money is on your studio even looking at internet distribution for media in the future.
    If Disney or any other studio said no more content, game over for XBOX live. Microsoft does not produce content. So now they are starting of slowly, what happen to the flocking? I know what happen, I work at a studio, and I know mine is not flocking to XBOX live at all. Based on what other studio are offering, they don't seem to be flocking either. If you backpeddle any harder, you may fall and hurt the ground ole beefy one.

Never said that people don't do sales projections. But they certainly don't bank on a $ to $ relation of ads run to sales.
    Once again, where did I say it was dollar for dollar. What you are making it seem like is companies are just thowing money at advertising without any expectation of a return. Wrong! Before a company throws out million of dollars, they go through market strategies, focus groups, preview commercial and advertising for effectiveness of focus groups, more focus groups etc.. By then they have spent resources already, and if the campaign does not meet sales projections, then its on to a new strategy. The whole process is methotical, and very measure, but certainly not the mindless waste you assert. Companies EXPECT a certain level of return on their investment, and anyone that says otherwise, is a mindless idiot.

Pets.com went out of business you moron. But who cares right? They were ADVERTISING dammit!
    Not relevant at all. It just shows they didn't do their homework. They probably followed your advise.

Nope, not contesting a thing. But I guess they should re-evaluate their advertising if they can't even convince a dolt like yourself to buy.
    Well, since I haven't bought their stuff, sure does bring to question the silly name calling doesn't it? Not as dumb as you claim. Did I ever tell you that meat does not have brains?

You do realize that there are different levels of "Secret" right? For god's sake, we cant even get the VP of the US to keep treasonous secrets "secret". So your 170 company consortium can? Please.
    Give it up man, I already explained this. If Warner had not signed, they would have to give up their seat. If they gave up their seat, then the whole world would know in about two seconds thanks to the internet just like it did after the Paramount deal broke. No such thing has happen, which confirms that you are spreading lies, something you have continuously done. Hence, liar. The computer companies that are members of the BDA do not know the contractural obligation of the movie companies, and visa versa. Only the movie studios that support the BDA know what other studios contract obligation are, because they are all simular. So what we are talking about is no more than 10-15 people who know what the studios are doing, or not. Significantly less than the hundreds of thousands that know US secrets at any given level. Give it up wally, call the dog in, the hunt is over because the trail is cold.

So stop acting like you know anything about consoles. You do own one after all. Remember, the one that SONY President stated is a GAME MACHINE 1st and foremost?
    Then why does Sony marketing it as a entertainment center? There has been only one Sony President presiding over the development of the PS3, and nowhere have I ever read a statement that he calls it a game machine first and foremost. He has called it the mercedes of entertainment center however.

Well, if you sell out the US, it means DEATH. And still, state secrets are sold. So please stop pretending that it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to leak a secret. And just because someone doesn't come running to you with a tattoo on their forhead that says "I LEAK INFO" doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm not lying, but your delusional.
    Your leak has no truth to it. None. I have already stated what would happen if the leak was actually accurate, but since none of these events have happen, you are spreading lies, and trying to make it stick. If it were true, then everyone would already know it. Since it is not even mentioned online ANYWHERE, you are trying to cover a lie you are spreading. Classless your beefyness.

No, not really. The only thing that people are realizing since your return is what a tool you are. You can sputter, and bloviate, and try to bully people, but in the end your just a hyperventilating out of touch ass.
    Ohh, looks like your leathery hide has bunched at the bum. Geeze, I have never been called a tool, though I never went camping until this weekend. I guess you keep living, and lots of new things happen to ya. Calling me a bully after all the things you have said sounds like another major case of passive/aggressive. You want to act like you know something, blow your little barrel chest out and call names, and when it is batted back into place, you cry bully. Is this the teeny bopper way of throwing a fit because your diaper is wet?
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    You are also probably twice my age, so I would hope that you have, but that doesn't change the fact that what you spew out is arrogant, self-absorbed, ignorant rubbish.
    If you think that I am twice your age, and know I should know more than you, then why do you continually step up to the plate to get your ass kicked? Seems kinda of juvenile to me, so maybe you are half my age. Are you in your late teens?

If my information is arrogant, self absorbed, ignorant rubbish, then you will have to prove that. What you cannot do is spin the fact that the best contribution you have given to this website is over bloated opinionated nonsense that means nothing to anyone but yourself. So who really is arrogant, self absorbed, and spews ignorant rubbish? How about your Dracula post? When pushed if you had actually seen the movie on bluray, it turns out you haven't. Yet you had about a page worth of critisizm on a movie you have never seen. How stupid is that PS full of BS?

When pushed further, you attempted to equate a film image to a video image, of which anyone with even a flutters worth of knowledge knows is not possible. Then you tried to say it was not as your remembered, which the last time you saw in the theater was five years ago. Anyone with a flutters worth of knowledge knows our brains do not have the ability to hold images in detail for five years. Our brains continually re-writes images we see, and things we hear every time we sleep. This is why it becomes difficult to describe someone you see committing a crime. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is.

You may remember the story line, but not images, and not audio, and certainly not in enough detail to compare five years later. Since the source you are comparing the video from can never look like the film itself, then your comparison is rubbish. The only way you could remember anything in any detail is to see it over and over and over again, and then describe it. That is because this kind of exposure becomes somewhat hard written into our brains, much like a repetitive task.

So how ignorant am I, and just who is spewing rubbish? Things that make you go hmmmm.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Why do you feel the need to cover Sir T's back? Or is that the position you are used to in SF?
    Like that's supposed to be an insult?

Gonna need to do better than channeling tired old homophobic inneuendo. But, I will say this is an improvement over your usual litany of whining little crybaby posts! So, maybe you'll get a gold star for the day after all!

Besides, all I'm doing is stating the obvious ... well, maybe not obvious to you! Oh well, no one's perfect!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

nightflier

lil't, you're slipping....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Since I have been bringing things back to your memory let's discuss why I said this. Did you not make this statement: "Sir Terrence the Terrible, what is that, a small weenie complex?"
    Yes, I was referring to your inferiority complex. I mean who calls himself "Sir Terrence, the Terrible" anyhow? It's like you crawled out of some dungeons and dragons rule book and decided this would be a good place to troll around. You're so full of yourself, so arrogantly defensive, and so concerned about your rep, the only possible conclusion is that you're trying to compensate for something. My guess is that you have manhood problems and my saying so has no gay intentions whatsoever. Heck you're the one going on about people's bums, lesbians, and articles of lingerie. And you want to call me gay? Pluuease! Now unless you really need to come out of the closet, you better stop about this gay business, you're not gaining any traction with it.

Oh and as far as relating your inferiority complex to audio, isn't that why you're always bragging about how good your system is and how much better than everyone else's it is? So if you have a need to overcompensate, it's no surprise you do it through your fancy system too. By the way, you could stand to upgrade those amps and buy something a little higher class than that Sony stuff. Oh, I forgot, you're probably a shill for them too.

So let's get on with the points I made that you are so intent on attacking.

(Point #1: My SACD setup is just fine, thank you)

So off you go with your technical nonsense and yacking about how my system can't possibly send DSD streams and how it's over processing. Nonsense. I'm sending a PCM stream through the pre/pro and out to the ICBM. No processing, nada. So stop with all the attempts at confusing the issue by suggesting that my setup is doing things its not. The ICBM, by the way is a fine product and does an admirable job of filtering out low frequencies to the subs. And I typically use a decibel meter to figure out the output from all the speakers and they are pretty close in volume for my needs. But I'm sure that's not up to your standards, so FYI, I also had my installer friend run calibration tests when he set up the acoustic panels and bass traps. He used specialized software, different settings and all kinds of repetitive test patterns and he's confident it's pretty well calibrated. Of course he's a home installer by trade, so I guess he can't know as much as you, right?

See if you'd just bothered to read what I wrote more carefully, you'd have known that I'm outputting PCM straight to the ICBM and you could have saved me some time and aggravation having to repeat myself. Likewise, I don't know why you keep saying I'm not using acoustic panels and bass traps, because I am. So stop with the nonsense, it's pathetic to see you spin your wheels and go nowhere.

(Point #2: Your opinion is too focussed on sales figures)

Now your response to this one's a doozie. You waste another two paragraphs with insults and nonsense and only make a feeble retort in the last tiny paragraph:

VOD=$200 million dollars worth of business to the studios and cable companies in 2006, less than 2005.
    Bluray and HD DVD= $4 billion dollars in player and software sales for the year between October 2006 and 2007. Sales figures are the only thing that a decision maker want to see. Is this too hard for you to grasp? While unit sales are only show a 5% share against the DVD market, it is a 26% share in terms of revenue.
    Now, I really can't continue without calling you an asinine stupid mule. I mean really. I just got done saying that you base everything you know on sales figures. I showed that sales figures are not enough, with examples such as: the sale of current 1080p TVs saying nothing about what's in people's homes; and advertising-supported free VOD being a significant portion of the VOD total. And you come back with paid VOD figures. lil't, you only want to see what supports your own argument - we've been through this before. My examples are both very real and well supported, so don't ask me to provide examples if you won't consider them - and we've been there before, too. So I'll repeat this for everyone to read:

lil't is so focussed on sales figures that he completely ignores anything that does not have a price tag

So just so we're clear: your belief is that everything else from pirated content to ad-supported content, is inconsequential because it can't be measured through sales receipts. That's truly precious lil't - it's almost worth quoting, printing and framing. I'll even go further: your shortsightedness is the very reason why a couple of years from now, you'll be eating your own words about BR supplanting every other distribution method to become the dominant movie distribution medium. Sorry to bust your theory, but BR will always remain a niche product - that is my opinion, and I stand by it. Don't worry, I'll be right here in two years waiting for you to apologize.

(Point #3: Your contention that there is no music that uses bass below 40Hz)

It's cute how you start off with saying that, with the exception of every type of music that does go below 40Hz, you are right. Well, no sh*t Sherlock! Of course there is no acoustical instrument that goes lower, if you exclude those that do (like the organ). And speaking of organs, the one in Sydney's famous concert hall does indeed go down to 8Hz. See, you don't know everything. The fact is, I have quite a substantial collection of music, and not just organ music, that goes down well below 40Hz. I collect the stuff, so stop trying to convince yourself I'm out of my league when it comes to bass. For Pete's sake, stop trying to make a blanket statement that is so far from the truth you can't even defend it.

(Point #4: BR & HDDVD only make up 5% of the market - that makes BR just 3%)

Look, no amount of whining is going to change the fact that BR is just a measly 3% of the market. And trying to advance the theory that its growth is more impressive than the growth of 15 year old technologies is just nonsense. There are just too many factors that are different. No matter how many confusing factoids you can present trying to make the comparison stick, any sane reader will know that there are far more variables that are different now than 15 years ago. The comparison just can't be made. Stop it already, you're not getting anywhere with that - you're just spinning your wheels again.

(Point #5: Downloading didn't start 3-4 years ago (in 2004))

It's interesting that you base your petty retort on opinion studies done by Warner and Universal. How accurate is that? Kind of like your "impartial" knowledge about BR when you just happen to "work for a BR-only studio." The fact is, you don't know, I dont' know, nobody knows, what the impact of Napster had on CD sales. To say that concert DVDs had an impact whether true or not, still says nothing about what impact piracy had. The whole point about piracy is that it can't be figured into the equation because it cannot be quantified. It certainly doesn't have a neat little sales receipt you can hang your theories on. It is an estimate at best. What Warner and Universal were able to figure out was based on a sample pool of those individuals who were willing to discuss their legal and/or illegal activities. How reliable is that? And I'm sorry, there is no way to know if file sharing was at an all-time high in 2005, since we don't have comparable numbers for when Napster, Limewire, and eDonkey were all the rage. Just more FUD. You're still spinning and getting nowhere, lil't.

(Point #6: Microsoft's support of HDDVD is significant)

So Microsoft's pressure on Paramount, wasn't significant? I'd think it was. And just because Microsoft doesn't own a studio does not mean it does not have the means to buy one. And that is power, lil't. Wouldn't it just make you soil your diaper to read in tomorrow's paper that Microsoft had just bought Fox? It hasn't happened, but that's not because the company doesn't have the means.

Oh, and your contention that Microsoft is powerless outside it's core business, is nonsense. The company had no problem taking on Novell when it was only a "desktop" operating system. Then it had no problem destroying Lotus 123 with an inferior product called Excel. Then it had no problem becoming the dominant email/messaging platform and devastating Notes in the process. Just a software company? I seriously doubt that - their inroads in hardware have crippled Logitech. Their expansion into Web search and advertising is a direct threat to Google. And as far as putting pressure on companies, Microsoft had no problem kicking IBM in the teeth, then the largest hardware/software company in the world, over the MCA bus, token ring, and WinNT vs. OS/2.

Now Microsoft's support for HDDVD could be just for the sake of beating Sony down - who knows. But the fact is, they have not given up on HDDVD and it makes people wonder why. I'll tell you it makes investors wonder, and I do know that for a fact. It all goes a long way to give people pause about the future of BR. You may not agree with that statement, but that doesn't make it untrue. And I haven't even begun to talk about the cross-licensing agreements that Microsoft has with not just the movie studions but also all the hardware manufacturers that make receivers, TVs, disk players, computer chips. Microsoft's power in this arena is far more pervasive than Sony or Toshiba, by a wide margin.

No, I'm not overstating anything, trust me. And if you don't believe me, let's pick this point up again in two years, that is, if you still have the gall to hang out here.

(Point #7: Classe and Denon upcoming players)

OK, I can't hold this one in either: you arrogant stupid ignoramous. Yes, when I'm talking about HD I'm talking about BR and HDDVD. Geez, it's a pain in the *ss to type it all out for you, so just stick to it that when I say HD, I mean High Definition, not just HDDVD. I would have thought, from someone who relishes in using acronyms, sometimes his own invented ones, that this would be simple enough to follow. Well, I hope that will stop your petty hairsplitting over the statement I made about Denon's upcoming HD player.

Now onto Classe. Again, I have to let this out: you pig-headed mumb-skulled miscreant. I said I asked one of my friends who owns Classe to inquire. I didn't say he worked for the company so get off that already - you're fishing. Can't you read words? I asked him to ask Classe because as an owner with a serial number, he has an avenue for asking this. My thinking was that if I were to ask, I would not get the same level of response. He received an email back from Classe that said exactly what I quoted. This was from the sales department. Now what of that don't you understand? Are you just so desperate to find something to nitpick about that you have to split hairs over how I said it. I think most everyone else reading these posts understood that just fine.

So on that note, you're still just spinning in one spot and going nowhere fast. No traction, lil't, nothing. You haven't moved.

(Point #8: Confusion about the HDMI spec could very well be deterring sales)

I already said: I don't need to do a friggin study to prove this. It's common sense. If people don't know that they won't get screwed with a brick, or at the very least, last year's model, they are less likely to buy. That's just plain marketing.

But I figured that was not enough for an obsessive little nitwit like yourself, so I did a little survey of my own. I was at Best Buy today (the wife wanted a couple of DVDs), and I stood around by the BR and HDDVDs and asked people what they thought of their players. Well not only didn't anyone know what version of HDMI their players had, but they said that if they didn't have HDMI 1.3 they would be rather dissapointed. A few people said that they would sell their player and buy a new HDMI 1.3 compliant one. Now, mind you, this was all from people who had no clue about what each HDMI version supports - and these people all owned the players already! I didn't go to the players section and ask would-be buyers about it, but I can make a fair assumption that if existing owners (who had full access to the manuals) were confused, I'm pretty sure potential buyers would be too. And I'm also sure that if I would have hung out by the players and asked these questions I could have deterred just about everyone from buying a player, either player, with my questions (that is if I would not have been kicked out of the store).

Now I know that's not a conclusive survey for you, but if you're so sure about what you believe, why don't you go do the same? I bet you'll be sorely disappointed at what people tell you.

So before you go saying that you threw this all back at me, why don't you actually address the points. And try and do so without going off on tangents and using diversions to make weak arguments that really don't hold up. So far, nothing you have presented holds up to scrutiny. S let's try it again, OK, lil't?
    Last edited by nightflier; 11-05-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Half right. HD DVD will be an afterthought, and BR would have had a 3.8billion dollar head start. D/L would have to go through a costly internet face lift, broadband would have to be in over 70% of American homes, and the only delivery system for movies would have to be downloads. Best estimate for this is more than a decade, cause you haven't even started the process.
    Where do you get your information? Stupid Daily? Broadband is gaining at a rate of almost 50% a year. Narrowband is falling quickly.

According to this report, 75% thats 75% of households that have internet are utilizing BROADBAND. And new households that are acquiring internet access are choosing broadband.

http://www.bizreport.com/2007/07/thr...broadband.html

Hell, back in 2004, thats 3 short years ago, but pretty close to when you look for most of your data, the 10 largest cities with internet access were hovering at between 60-70% broadband access!

Looks like the future is here, but somehow you got left back at the station. Did you know TV's come in color now?

If you weren't so stupid, you might be able to find some of this info before you go off an post more dribble.

You lied, not just once, but several times. So if I am a dumb ass, then you must be a beyond retarded ass, because I have shot and killed every last one of your points dead better than a drive by.
    I haven't lied once. BTW what classifies as a "Lie". I would suggest that your posting only 1/2 of the story (360 broken for piracy), then neglecting to post that "MS bricking modded 360's" would be at a minimum shading the truth, at worst LYING.

And the only thing that you have managed to shoot is your foot. Unless of course you forgot to pull it out of your waistband, and shot off your junk. That scenario is probably closer to the truth.

Emulation is not going to help get you past copy protection, oh but a little gamer child probably would not know this. The only way to get any information off the drive of a PS3 is took hook it to a computer that has a HDCP compliant input. This prevents hard drive misuse. I know this, because I actually own one. The fact is, you do not, so what you say is suspect, more so because you have already been busted telling lies.
    I'm sure that you are well aware of PS3 owners "ripping" BluRay disks onto the drive, and converting them onto PC's right? The key is proving somewhat problematic, but not impossible. Remeber, it was thought that even ripping the BluRay would not be possible.

And your highlighed statement above, what does that prove? Have you actually been trying to circumvent security? Shame on you...

When you actually OWN the PS3, you do not have to be a definitive source on console info, just read the instructions. And sorry, a linux application can be rendered useless in the PS3 by a simple firmware upgrade that cannot be avoided. You try and play a new game, or movie that REQUIRES a firmware update, and it is disabled. Since alot of the newer movies are requiring thses updates to play the movies, then there is no way out. With games it is even more covered in that all you have to do is put the firmware update within the game, and boom there goes the application. Remember Sony is not obligated to use Linux or support it, and it is not required to make the player operate. Mine does not use Linux.
    Sure it can be avoided. Just like the XBOX 360. Take it off the network, no more firmware updates.

Also, SlySoft is reporting that they have broken BD+ on EndgadetHD (Has to be the 2nd biggest cheerleader for BR just behind Sir T). The actual article is translated from the German newsite, so its a little choppy in the grammer department. I guess it really didn't take 10 years to bust it huh?

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/10/30...rs-fall-quiet/

Sorry, but hacked movies don't need keys. And if you have modded your player at the motherboard level, the keys are not necessary to play any pirated game or movie. What makes a game pirated, is that the security codes are already cracked and off the game or movie. Just like a ripped CD or DVD. Once again, your comment only pertain to XBOX live connections. If you do not connect, they cannot brick your system. If you are using pirated games and movies, then there is absolutely no reason to go to XBOX live. Bang, shot again!
    The only thing you shot was your foot again. Please explain to me how a modded system is going to get movies off LIVE? They get bricked when they connect.

Again, unless you are going to be getting movies off LIVE, its a red herring. I suppose one could load up the player with about 10 movies MOD the motherboard, and then NEVER connect to LIVE again. So if you want to kill your system for 10 $4 movies, thats a risk. But pirated movies, and duplicated DVD's have NOTHING to do with d/l content. Thats why studios are FLOCKING to live. Not the PS3.

When unable to debate effectively, just spin it to a personal level. Old trick for such a young kid. Us "old men" knew about this when the dinosaur ruled the earth. Its a shame you kiddy's are just now learning old school, because we "old men" see you coming, and going.
    You are joking right? Or is it the dementia again? You call NightFlier "Gay" (Homophobic? Thats OLD SCHOOL). You manage to throw in a "retard" comment at myself. You have sunk so low, we are all waiting for the obligitory "Nazi" comment. That will pretty much wrap up your "debate" skills. You don't even debate well enough to be called a kid. Your just pathetic.

If Disney or any other studio said no more content, game over for XBOX live. Microsoft does not produce content. So now they are starting of slowly, what happen to the flocking? I know what happen, I work at a studio, and I know mine is not flocking to XBOX live at all. Based on what other studio are offering, they don't seem to be flocking either. If you backpeddle any harder, you may fall and hurt the ground ole beefy one.
    How long did you work on that highlight there Einstein? I mean thats got to be one of the richest, most thought provoking, evoctivie, well researched, and presented points ever spoken on this or any other A/V board EVER. You could have only topped it off by suggesting "If the USA stopped producing Electricity, all electrical appliances would stop working!!!". Way to point out the olbvious. Do you have any more brilliant flashes to share with us?

The fact that studios are working with MS/ Apple/ and other content providers to provide any sort of media is a HUGE step. Like it or not, D/L is going to rule the day. It might not now, but it will. Just because you are too dense doesn't mean it wont happen.

Once again, where did I say it was dollar for dollar. What you are making it seem like is companies are just thowing money at advertising without any expectation of a return. Wrong! Before a company throws out million of dollars, they go through market strategies, focus groups, preview commercial and advertising for effectiveness of focus groups, more focus groups etc.. By then they have spent resources already, and if the campaign does not meet sales projections, then its on to a new strategy. The whole process is methotical, and very measure, but certainly not the mindless waste you assert. Companies EXPECT a certain level of return on their investment, and anyone that says otherwise, is a mindless idiot.
    Really? Everyone? And what about the compaines that only spend a few hundred $$ or a few thousand $$. Do they do all that expensive research as well? I never said that companies don't expect ROI on their advertisements, but you seem to think that its a simple number to quantify. And its not. So stop pretending that at the end of the day, the finance/accounting department gets a definiative # explaining exactly how many ads went out, and the corresponding # of sales related to the ad. Because they don't.

You sir, are the mindless idiot. Trapped in your own delusional fog about everything.

Not relevant at all. It just shows they didn't do their homework. They probably followed your advise.
    No, it only shows that plenty of companies waste money. And that you continue to comment about things you don't know about. Pets.Com was one of the big dot.com deaths. Since you follow (or want people to belive anyway) advertising so closesly, I thought that you SURELY would know about 1 of the biggest casulaties. Again, your ignorance is showcased however.

Well, since I haven't bought their stuff, sure does bring to question the silly name calling doesn't it? Not as dumb as you claim. Did I ever tell you that meat does not have brains?
    Oh look everyone another meat reference. Does everyone hear the crickets chirping at yet another "Beef" joke...man you are like a one trick pony. And your trick was over quite a few posts ago. With writing like that I suspect you were the driving force behind that Caveman Show on ABC.

Give it up man, I already explained this. If Warner had not signed, they would have to give up their seat. If they gave up their seat, then the whole world would know in about two seconds thanks to the internet just like it did after the Paramount deal broke. No such thing has happen, which confirms that you are spreading lies, something you have continuously done. Hence, liar. The computer companies that are members of the BDA do not know the contractural obligation of the movie companies, and visa versa. Only the movie studios that support the BDA know what other studios contract obligation are, because they are all simular. So what we are talking about is no more than 10-15 people who know what the studios are doing, or not. Significantly less than the hundreds of thousands that know US secrets at any given level. Give it up wally, call the dog in, the hunt is over because the trail is cold.
    They don't have to give up their seat. They can operate under the old agreement. Companies do it all the time during negotiations. You should know this, but again that would involve some thought on your part. The bigger news is whether or not Warner has RE-Signed. I'm not suggesting they will or will not. But the contract has lapsed, and no press conference has been called to say its been re-upped.

Then why does Sony marketing it as a entertainment center? There has been only one Sony President presiding over the development of the PS3, and nowhere have I ever read a statement that he calls it a game machine first and foremost. He has called it the mercedes of entertainment center however.
    You are such a dumbass. The CEO of Sony Entertainmet you are referring to was "re-assigned". The newest president said at the Tokyo Game Show IN SEPTEMBER 2007. (Current Info. I know you hate it, but its more current than your 2 year old feeble citations you typically throw up). Here's his actual words:

PlayStation 3 might play Blu-Ray movies, and it might help scientific research like Folding@Home, but Sony wants you to know that it's a game machine first and foremost.

That was the message from Sony Computer Entertainment group CEO Kaz Hirai at his Tokyo Game Show keynote address Thursday morning, as he attempted to show the assembled press that Sony has righted its course with the embattled game player.

"As the fundamental point of our system, I think it is still a game machine," Hirai said. "We want people to first enjoy it for the possibility of interactive games. If we pursue too many directions, people will keep asking us, 'What is PlayStation'?"

Here's the actual article, hope you can read it with all the big words and all:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/...rai-plays.html

Your leak has no truth to it. None. I have already stated what would happen if the leak was actually accurate, but since none of these events have happen, you are spreading lies, and trying to make it stick. If it were true, then everyone would already know it. Since it is not even mentioned online ANYWHERE, you are trying to cover a lie you are spreading. Classless your beefyness.
    ANOTHER meat reference. You've really outdone yourself this time. Please, don't forget to tip the waitress, and try the veal, its excellent!

And unless you have some confidential info you're not supposed to share, I have'nt lied about anything. Man, you are really terrible in this whole debate thing. Once again, you've been schooled!

Ohh, looks like your leathery hide has bunched at the bum. Geeze, I have never been called a tool, though I never went camping until this weekend. I guess you keep living, and lots of new things happen to ya. Calling me a bully after all the things you have said sounds like another major case of passive/aggressive. You want to act like you know something, blow your little barrel chest out and call names, and when it is batted back into place, you cry bully. Is this the teeny bopper way of throwing a fit because your diaper is wet?
    Teeny bopper? Whoochiefer used that about 1 year ago, so I guess now to top it off you also plagiarize others posts on this board. Nice touch.

Talk about acting like I know something? Have you even read what you type? Or is it all top of mind stuff? I mean its not even good. Mostly out of date links supported by some BR shilling? Well, try again, it's always fun to burst your ballon.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

This thread is a fun read.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Whoochiefer
    Who the heck is that? Must be Wooch's evil twin brother

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Well, you know, Sir T has me so looped with all of his awesome "Meat" jokes, I may have pushed an extra button. I meant Wooch. There is only one right?
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Glad you find it so

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    This thread is a fun read.
    You say you're enjoying reading it; many of us lack the patience. Maybe you could provide us with a synopsis of the meaningful, relevant information. Such a synopsis would be much shorter than the actual thread I dare say.

Well, first there was a left uppercut, then a right jab, a little dinking and ducking, then some more jabs, A brutal left hook followed by a kick in the groin. I lost track of what was going on after that.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Teeny bopper? Whoochiefer used that about 1 year ago, so I guess now to top it off you also plagiarize others posts on this board. Nice touch.
    Uh, getting awfully hung up on word usage now aren't we? It would only be plagiarism if I'd actually invented the term or if T quoted me verbatim without attribution. Just in case you didn't know, I did not originate the term and T would not be the first person on this board to use it. Also, if you search my previous posts, you'd note that aside from this thread I've never actually used the exact term "teeny bopper" on this board, whereas many others have.

http://forums.audioreview.com/search...earchid=147980

Talk about acting like I know something? Have you even read what you type? Or is it all top of mind stuff? I mean its not even good. Mostly out of date links supported by some BR shilling? Well, try again, it's always fun to burst your ballon.
    Right, and your views on HD-DVD and the Xbox 360 are totally objective!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Hmmm, I always thought that I was the evil twin! Guess I'm not holding up my end of the blood oath!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Uh, getting awfully hung up on word usage now aren't we? It would only be plagiarism if I'd actually invented the term or if T quoted me verbatim without attribution. Just in case you didn't know, I did not originate the term and T would not be the first person on this board to use it. Also, if you search my previous posts, you'd note that aside from this thread I've never actually used the exact term "teeny bopper" on this board, whereas many others have.

http://forums.audioreview.com/search...earchid=147980

Right, and your views on HD-DVD and the Xbox 360 are totally objective!
    Its been some time. Probably over 2 years ago. Didn't mean to drag you into the mud.

As far as HD-DVD or Xbox 360, I've never pretended to be objective. While I've made it clear that I don't begrudge anyone for owning a PS3, I don't own one. However, I will respond to out of date, wrong, or misleading info.

It seems that while Mr. T is content to "act" unbiased, in the end he clearly is. Works for a BR studio (exclusive), and is content to point out shortcomings of MS and HD-DVD, while pretending Sony/ BR doesn't have any warts.

BTW I bought 2 Wii over the weekend. To sell on Ebay. Prices are pretty good, but I think I'll wait a couple more weeks to post them up.

Nice to see you lurking around though. Always enjoy your posts!
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

In the interest of the Warner BR portion of the above threads, it appears that Warner is making an official statement. In essence it says "We are not changing anything. Things are staying the same until we say otherwise. We are not going exclusive to either format at this time."

I'm just wondering who will be lined up and shot for releasing this information. Dont they know THEY SIGNED AN AGREEMENT???? What the hell is going on. This is supposed to be super secret, double cross your fingers keep it a secret secret. Read it here:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...construed/1135

So I guess we can all sit around and wait. Like we were before. Except now we know that there will be no changes. Right now. Not later perhaps, but for the time being everything is the same. No changes. At all. For now.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

In the interest of the Warner BR portion of the above threads, it appears that Warner is making an official statement. In essence it says "We are not changing anything. Things are staying the same until we say otherwise. We are not going exclusive to either format at this time."

I'm just wondering who will be lined up and shot for releasing this information. Dont they know THEY SIGNED AN AGREEMENT???? What the hell is going on. This is supposed to be super secret, double cross your fingers keep it a secret secret. Read it here:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...construed/1135

So I guess we can all sit around and wait. Like we were before. Except now we know that there will be no changes. Right now. Not later perhaps, but for the time being everything is the same. No changes. At all. For now.

How many times did Sony deny that they were putting out a 40GB version of the PS3? You just never know what these people are going to do until they do it.
    Oh, there is one change. Prices have come down enough for me to own one of each. Some others may feel the same.

Synopsis of this thread:

Ever see The GOOD, The BAD, and the UGLY???

Well, it's kinda like that where Nightflier is, well of course his avatar gives the hint, "Blondie" AKA The Good, then we have Sir T, his ego, and his posse representing "The Bad", and last but not least we have Woochifer taking up the "Ugly" character of the film.

Well, it's kinda like that where Nightflier is, well of course his avatar gives the hint, "Blondie" AKA The Good, then we have Sir T, his ego, and his posse representing "The Bad", and last but not least we have Woochifer taking up the "Ugly" character of the film.
    And where exactly do you fall in all this? The innocent bystander.

Wait, let me guess, the damsel in distress, right.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Sir T has a posse?
    You're just one bad analogy after another, aren't you...

Hey, now yer trying to be funny! (with the "trying" as the operative term here) Just when you seemed doomed to just churning out an endless string of whining screeds and accidentally autobiographical wannabe insults, you spring a surprise on us and try your hand at humor! Gosh, maybe there's hope for you yet!

Now Lex ... errr ... Peruvian, take note -- this IS funny!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Its been some time. Probably over 2 years ago. Didn't mean to drag you into the mud.
    No prob, just keepin' you on your toes!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    No prob, just keepin' you on your toes!

Ewwww, you're not asking me to dance are you?
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Sir T has a posse?
    You're just one bad analogy after another, aren't you...
    Funny how when I mentioned "posse" you, LJ, and Wooch chime in...so I guess you are acknowledging the fact that you are part of the posse by getting defensive on it.

Nice try, but there is no damsel in the film, which you would know if you had seen the film.

Ewwww, you're not asking me to dance are you?
    Don't flatter yourself! I've been dancing for 20 years, and to get on my dance card, you need to be either good on a dance floor or good to look at ... and gamers aren't what I regard as good to look at! (And no, Dance Revolution does not count for good on a dance floor!)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Funny how when I mentioned "posse" you, LJ, and Wooch chime in...so I guess you are acknowledging the fact that you are part of the posse by getting defensive on it.
    How disappointng! Just when I thought you were making progress, you slip back to your old tired ways -- y'know accusing others of the exact shortcomings that you display in abundance. (You think Kex is being defensive?! THAT'S funny, albeit humor of the unintentional variety!) I guess it was too much to expect you to go beyond playing the victim card!
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information