Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hey, I'm always helpful. Sorta.

Anyone notice anything unusual? Let me fill ya's in.
    PS and Pixy agree on something.
    What's up with that?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael

What's up with that?
    Doesn't look like the Jennbot is coming back...hmmm.

What's up with that?
    and for the record...I would agree with Pix 100% of the time, if only one thing would happen...he was actually right about what he was talking about. Then i'd agree.

You guys should wait for a reply before you start firing down posts

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Now what fun would that be?
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    chances are there would have been a reply by now

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Now what fun would that be?
    Well I guess you've got a point, as long as you're happy with it

What's up with that?
    Strange that GB would give me a redy for this post. I don't believe it's true.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Jenny, Jenny, she's the girl for me, 8 6 7 5.. 3 0 9
    Jenny I got your number,
    I... want to make you mine. 8 6 7 5...3 0 9

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Strange that GB would give me a redy for this post. I don't believe it's true.
    I thought you and Wooch are on a "race to the bottom". Just helping out. If you didn't want the reddy, I'll spread some rep around, and green you up later.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    I thought you and Wooch are on a "race to the bottom". Just helping out. If you didn't want the reddy, I'll spread some rep around, and green you up later.
    No problem Beefy. I don't mind having a little color here and there. I just thought that someone was blaming you for it. (that would be wrong) I'll take my red like a man and still send you a greeny.

Unhappy Sorry, men

Fourteen days, one post, it's official. Jenn's left you all for another man (and another, and another...). You just didn't give her what she wanted.

my advice.... to you.... dear Jenny..... would be to buy all of the items you listed.... even the digital keychain.... something for everyone's budget......... I must admit however..... I didn't look at your links..... because I didn't intend on helping you....

Regards....

Forum Regular
    For anyone that posted an answer thank you for your advice. I actually used the idea of taping the size on my wall. We wound up buying a 52" Bravia. As for the IPod, my husband got one as a Bday gift from work, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. As for the offer to marry me, sorry I am already taken. As for those that thought I was spamming-sorry if it seemed that way and I am sorry that I didn't come back sooner to refute those "charges", I got busy with bday shopping and holiday shopping and taking care of my daughter.

Thanks again though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn11803
    For anyone that posted an answer thank you for your advice. I actually used the idea of taping the size on my wall. We wound up buying a 52" Bravia. As for the IPod, my husband got one as a Bday gift from work, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. As for the offer to marry me, sorry I am already taken. As for those that thought I was spamming-sorry if it seemed that way and I am sorry that I didn't come back sooner to refute those "charges", I got busy with bday shopping and holiday shopping and taking care of my daughter.

Thanks again though!

Thanks for stopping in and setting the record straight. Good luck with your system. Let us know how you make out.

ah.... I will eat my helping of Crow..... I was so sure it was a setup!!!!!

You, and your Husband ENJOY that nice new t.v!!!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody

You want to think about if you want an actual Apple Ipod or another brand of mp3 player. With Apple you can only use their software and the files (songs) aren't compatible with other players. Apple Ipods are generally more expensive. Other brands will allow you more flexibility as to what software you use to rip, burn & sync, and which file size & format (ie mp3, WMA etc) Just in case he might want to play a video get at least 10 gigs.
    There is some misinformation here. Ipods play .mp3 files like most other .mp3 players and these files CAN be played on other players that play .mp3 files. IF you buy music from iTunes their files come in a proprietary format that also play on most .mp3 players that play CD discs in cars. (Never had any problem with mine). Itunes does not convert .wav files to my knowledge so that may be the only problem you might have.

Usually if there is a compatibility problem it is with the competing player, not Apples. To my knowledge you can download CD's onto all of them.

Suspended
    If you think there is a miscommunication try to load your music that you have on I-tunes onto another brand mp3 player OTHER than Apple and see what happens. Or, try to load your Ipod using Windows Media Player, or any other program OTHER than I-tunes and see what happens.

Well, since we're so far off whatever topic this was when it started:

I have music on my iPods that I purchased online from several sources other than iTunes and it all plays just fine. The iPod supports AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, WAV, and AIFF.

The Zune supports MP3, AAC, Zune Marketplace (Protected and DRM free), WMA Pro (2-channel), WMA Standard, WMA lossless for audio.

The Creative ZEN works with MP3 and WMA, and some models support WAV and Audible files. They are Plays-for-Sure certified, at least up until the point that Microsoft screwed them by releasing the proprietary Zune.

If you don't like iTunes, have you tried the Windows Embedded platform on the Zune linked to the Zune Marketplace? Now there's a locked down POS.

A player like the ZEN is a viable alternative to an iPod if you like the software that supports it, and don't mind having to choose from a number of second-rate music services.

Aside from iTunes, the only services I buy from are eMusic for its great prices and very eclectic mix of independent and unusual music, and from trance-mix. Music from both sites works seamlessly with my iPods. The other services I've demoed just suck, IMO, so why would I care if they're easy or hard to use or how many of them there are?

I can burn every single track I own on a disc and play it in any player I have. I can also convert tracks to MP3 or WAV or AIFF and load them on any player that supports those formats.

People have voted with their business, and the results are decisive. This may change in the future, and if it does, who cares? For now, if you want to be an independent, trailblazing, choose-your-own-path kind of guy, that's cool. When the day comes that Apple falls, you can be in the conga line of I-told-you-so people celebrating its demise.

In the meantime, there's no need to exaggerate the alleged flaws of one product and completely overlook the limitations and closed nature of other products.

Suspended
    I use Creative Zen products and can load music onto it using WMA, MusicMatch or whatever software I want. If you are happy with iTunes great, because you are stuck with it as long as you use an iPod. I don't like Creative Media Lite either.

Are you able to convert AAC to another file format? If so, I wasn't aware that could be done.

Thanks for stopping in and setting the record straight. Good luck with your system. Let us know how you make out.
    I am still not convinced that she is legit. I could be wrong, but this could be one of the new features of the SP3000 models, which have a slight personality to go with the helping of spam.

Forum Regular
    LOL, now I am an SP3000. OK, not exactly sure what that is, but, OK.

Ps

PeruvianSkies is cynical at times.

Suspended
    I only have a SP2500, I'd like to upgrade some day.

Ok, maybe you are real, but you certainly showed spam tendencies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information