Thread: Hi all!

AR Newbie Registered Member

Hi all!

First time post, greetings! I am into vintage gear, currently listening to 4 Realistic Optimus 7 speakers stacked two to a side with 2 Klipsch KG-4, a stack of three speakers per channel. They are driven by a pair of Phase Linear 400 series 1 amps and either a Hafler DH-101 with a Soundcraftsmen RP-2212 eq or a Soundcraftsmen PE-2217 preamp/eq (I can't make my mind up which set up sounds best...). My signal sources are Pioneer PL-71 turntable or a Pioneer DV-45 cd player. I'm an engineer and have rebuilt all the vintage gear myself and I'm proud to have a system that cost me under 2K that sounds like 20K systems. I'm just getting back into vinyl after a 20 year hiatus, and I'm digging spinning lp records again!
    See you around the board,
    PP

Boatman1
    Welcome, I'm also a vintage nut, right now listening to my Realistic STA 2000 and 2
    Mach ones that I just repaired.

Welcome to AR, P+

Quote Originally Posted by premiumplus
    First time post, greetings! I am into vintage gear, currently listening to 4 Realistic Optimus 7 speakers stacked two to a side with 2 Klipsch KG-4, a stack of three speakers per channel. They are driven by a pair of Phase Linear 400 series 1 amps and either a Hafler DH-101 with a Soundcraftsmen RP-2212 eq or a Soundcraftsmen PE-2217 preamp/eq (I can't make my mind up which set up sounds best...). My signal sources are Pioneer PL-71 turntable or a Pioneer DV-45 cd player. I'm an engineer and have rebuilt all the vintage gear myself and I'm proud to have a system that cost me under 2K that sounds like 20K systems. I'm just getting back into vinyl after a 20 year hiatus, and I'm digging spinning lp records again!
    See you around the board,
    PP

Premiumplus, welcome to AR forums. Hang around here and you get plenty gratuituous comments and free advice.

Please tell us about that $2k system that sounds like $20K. I presume it is a different one than the one you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by premiumplus
    First time post, greetings! I am into vintage gear...P
    Welcome. I also maintain a double Advent based vintage system that returns me to my first real system. I also use Mini 7s in the rear channel of the HT system.

rw

Welcome to the boreds...err boards!
    Klipsch RB-35 fronts
    Klipsch RB-5 rears
    Klipsch RC-62 center
    Klipsch LF-10 sub
    Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR
    Panasonic TH-50PZ800U TV
    Panasonic DMP-BD35P BD Player

Thread Information