Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Peabody
  • 1 Post By Jack in Wilmington

Thread: First Senior Citizen Discount...

  1. #1
    I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VB VA
    Posts
    2,307

    First Senior Citizen Discount...

    Stumbled across a Yamaha S2700 DVD/SACD player in a local thrift. It was their TOTL player back in 06-07 at about $1K. They priced it at $6.98 but when I got to the counter I was asked if I was a Senior Citizen - (my mind and body refuse to believe it) and technically my birthday a couple months ago made me eligible for a 20% discount .

    Build quality seems very good and it is no lightweight at 14lbs. I paired it up with my Adcom amp/pre and it is a very impressive player for regular CD and SACD use. Hate to break up my Adcom set but this unit just blows my Adcom GCD 575 away and has the added bonus of playing SACD.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thekid; 10-11-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

  2. #2
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    10,178
    Wow, what else can you say. You have a audio deal sonar and now senior discount, apparently some, or, maybe just you, have it like that, LOL
    thekid likes this.
    Mark Levinson #512 SACD & 532h power
    Pass Labs XP-10 preamp
    Clearaudio Performance DC & Maestro v2 E, AcousTech Ph-1p
    Clarus Crimson loom - AC outlet to speaker terminal
    JBL 4367's & SAM3ha
    Revel S30's & SVS PC13 Ultra (sub)
    Marantz BD-7003 > AV-8003 > LINN 5125
    Transparent cables / Tributaries HDMI
    PS Audio Quintet & Surgex SA15&20

  3. #3
    I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VB VA
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Wow, what else can you say. You have a audio deal sonar and now senior discount, apparently some, or, maybe just you, have it like that, LOL
    Well I got a little lucky with this one. Someone had set it up to test it but did not know that the wall socket was dead. You actually have to have them unlock a dedicated wall socket in the Electronic section to test gear. I am sure if that person had been able to power it up it would have been gone.....
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

  4. #4
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Really great score, Kid.

  5. #5
    Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid View Post
    Stumbled across a Yamaha S2700 DVD/SACD player in a local thrift. It was their TOTL player back in 06-07 at about $1K. They priced it at $6.98 but when I got to the counter I was asked if I was a Senior Citizen - (my mind and body refuse to believe it) and technically my birthday a couple months ago made me eligible for a 20% discount .

    Build quality seems very good and it is no lightweight at 14lbs. I paired it up with my Adcom amp/pre and it is a very impressive player for regular CD and SACD use. Hate to break up my Adcom set but this unit just blows my Adcom GCD 575 away and has the added bonus of playing SACD.
    Do you have one of those baskets on your walker that you could put it in until you got it out to the car?
    Mr Peabody likes this.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

    HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

  6. #6
    I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VB VA
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Do you have one of those baskets on your walker that you could put it in until you got it out to the car?
    LOL. I didn't have my walker but I was afraid to put it down because I was was not sure if I could have remembered where I left it....

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Really great score, Kid.
    Thanks! I'm really happy with it. It didn't come with the remote which I think I will need to maximize audio performance. According to the owner's manual you can shut down the video portion of the unit to improve the audio playback.

  7. #7
    Oldest join date recoveryone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,418
    One more year to go, Denny's here I come !!!!!
    HT
    Pioneer EliteVSX-32
    Logitech Touch
    Pioneer EliteDV47Ai
    Pioneer EliteCD-M53

    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R,
    Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD

    Vizio VF550M 1080p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •