Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier

The above is something I can really relate to. I suppose many would agree.

I've certainly offered to my son my life experience as a cautionary tale.

nightflier

Motivational Posters

My favorite is this one:

Check out the whole website, there are some pretty funny ones:

http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

I've refered quite a few people to this site, especially the types that look like they have motivational posters hanging in their offices (and probably have a richly framed, extravagantly large, custom-lighted one hanging over their bed, lol).

Let's hope Emotiva isn't one of those companies that has motivational posters hanging in the lunchroom.

My favorite is this one:

Check out the whole website, there are some pretty funny ones:

http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Yeah, that's great. Lot's of really good ones.

One that appeals to me today is ...

... types that look like they have motivational posters hanging in their offices (and probably have a richly framed, extravagantly large, custom-lighted one hanging over their bed, lol).
    I know the type. I often have the urge to kick such people in the groin.

nightflier

Ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I know the type. I often have the urge to kick such people in the groin.
    As long as they're not female....

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

isnt there a moderator here?

pixi is playing with himself again. pissing in the snow in public.
    ...regards...tr

Forum Regular

emotiva amp and preamp

I am thinking about purchasing a amp and preamp to replace my twenty something year old reciever. I saw some old carver amps on ebay but I don't trust old resale gear. I read about the new Emotiva xpa2 $799 power amp and the upa1 preamp $399 amd they had good reviews for the price. I will use it for two channel stereo with my Bose 901s! I have ran the 901s with a 100 wpc reciever for over 20 years without any problems so the increase in power up to 200 wpc should make them sound even better! Anybody who has owned Emotiva products please me decide befofe I spend $1300 on these pieces thanks!

Suspended
    I've only used the CD player from Emo so far. If that's any example of what they offer for the price you will be pleased. The preamp also offers some cool features not found in many like the built in crossover for subwoofer or biamping. Also, keep in mind you have a 30 day return window if not happy so nothing really lost.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by errol van
    I am thinking about purchasing a amp and preamp to replace my twenty something year old reciever. I saw some old carver amps on ebay but I don't trust old resale gear. I read about the new Emotiva xpa2 $799 power amp and the upa1 preamp $399 amd they had good reviews for the price. I will use it for two channel stereo with my Bose 901s! I have ran the 901s with a 100 wpc reciever for over 20 years without any problems so the increase in power up to 200 wpc should make them sound even better! Anybody who has owned Emotiva products please me decide befofe I spend $1300 on these pieces thanks!
    You'd be better off starting a new thread for your query in the amp/preamp section...

As for Emotiva; their products are quite popular... And as Mr Peabody rightfully pointed out, you have 30 days to try them at home... I think it's worth a chance....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information