Forum Regular

CD Player advice, a good shuffle mode

I'am in the market for a new CD Player and I was wondering if any one can help me out.
    Right now I have a Pioneer cd player/5 cd changer and it's about 8yrs old (I have a Denon Reciever 1804 or 1604 I forget?) I love my pioneer and it's got this feature on it called 'Spiral' which means you put your 5 CD's in and push spiral and it will play each song from each album (ex:It will play the 1st song of each cd & then the 2nd song of each cd.....) it's great but the reason I want to get a new one is because I want more of a disc changer/hold more discs.
    The question I 'am asking any body that want's to help is what CD player that holds more than 5 discs and that has something of my Pioneer Spiral feature? Also, another reason why I want a new one is that the shuffle mode plays the same songs every time and I find that a lot of CD players that have the shuffle mode will play the same songs over and over.
    Is there a CD player that has a good shuffle and it won't play the same songs?

Forum Regular
    Your player must be very old. As far as I know, all new multiple-disc players will not repeat songs in shuffle mode (that just seems logical, doesn't it?). If it does, you got ripped off. I don't know of any with the "spiral" feature. Usually it's a random selection.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by avannello
    The question I 'am asking any body that want's to help is what CD player that holds more than 5 discs and that has something of my Pioneer Spiral feature? Also, another reason why I want a new one is that the shuffle mode plays the same songs every time and I find that a lot of CD players that have the shuffle mode will play the same songs over and over.
    Is there a CD player that has a good shuffle and it won't play the same songs?
    Try:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tSKU=DVPCX985V

You can put all your cd's, DVD's, and SACD's in this thing. Lots of features. Good price.

I have the Sony 300 disc CD/DVD player. Be warned, it's not very good (did you expect more out of Sony?!?!) Once I got over 200 discs in it, it could no longer find anything. Like the load was too heavy and it can't turn the carosel. Plus the picture quality is crap compared to the 4 year old Panasonic 5 disc sitting right next to it.

Maybe the newer models are better, but I will avoid Sony next time around.

Thread Information