Utmostjamin1

Star Trek Lovers Rejoice?

I see that they are releasing a boxed set of Star Trek Movies 1-10 (all of them) today. is there anyone that has this set already? if so is the sound and picture quality good? if i hear some good reviews i might buy it. also whats your favorite and least favorite Star Trek movies? my favorites include Star Trek 2, 6 I am a big fan of the next generation but the movies they did are only mediocre. My least favorite movie would have to be Star Trek 5.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_star-tre...:bgsib,slk:sib

I'd stay away from this - I don't think it's a Paramount package (or if it is, it's a pretty low-rent move on the studio's part). They are in the middle of upgrading the whole series in order, and recently released number 5. The rest of them are the single-disc editions, with mediocre picture and sound and few, if any, extras, that have been out there for years.

peace,
    jh.

Nah, I haven't ordered that set and will probably pass since I already the director's cut of some and will just put it together piece by piece as I have in the past.

You know what I'd really like? I'd like a DVD copy of "All Good Things" the final two hour finale of TNG. I have not to date since the only way I know is to buy the complete series, which wouldn't kill me but clearly isn't my first choice. Do you know of anyway to just buy that one episode? IMO, it was better than many of the theatrical releases.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Utmostjamin1

all good things

you wouldnt have to buy all of the series just the last season, check walmart for the lowest price i saw it at one point for 94.99 best buy was asking 114.99
    either that or check ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41575

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzHead
    I'd stay away from this - I don't think it's a Paramount package (or if it is, it's a pretty low-rent move on the studio's part). They are in the middle of upgrading the whole series in order, and recently released number 5. The rest of them are the single-disc editions, with mediocre picture and sound and few, if any, extras, that have been out there for years.

peace,
    jh.
    While it is most probably a Paramount sanctioned set, don't be so quick to point a clean end of stick at this studio for "doing the right thing" in terms of packaging and pleasing fans; this company's refusual to put out a Special Edition box collection of the Friday the 13th franchise films has angered fans such as me for a long time now. The individual Friday DVDs are bone-stripped devoid of any special features, and some of the films are still coming in one channel mono....

Forum Regular
    Very interesting post....I have had this collection on my DVD "Want List" for some time now; I actually own the VHS box set Paramount put out, but obviously would like to replace those tapes with DVDs; my FAVORITE Trek film, as most everyone, has to be II, The Wrath of Khan. That symbolizes what Trek is all about, especially the battle scenes between Enterprise and Reliant; that's what sci fi is all about!

But Im weary about plunking down almost 200 bucks for this when I lost interest in the film series after "First Contact"....and I also want all the original TV show episodes on DVD...we're talking a big Trek investment.

FYI, there is still a DVD box set of just the "Original Crew" Trek films out there, with films "The Motion Picture" through "VI: The Undiscovered Country"...if its worth anything to anyone...I am considering buying just the films I want in the series individually, like Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Undiscovered Country, Generations, First Contact....

Paramount is iffy sometimes...

They'll do a great thing like releasing all of ST DS9 on DVD within a single years time... then delay or strip other things like this movie deal. They're also not doing to good a job with the television side of the franchise either. "Enterprise" is dreadful, lost and not long for this world. I wish they'd get their act together.

Da Worfster

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    They'll do a great thing like releasing all of ST DS9 on DVD within a single years time... then delay or strip other things like this movie deal. They're also not doing to good a job with the television side of the franchise either. "Enterprise" is dreadful, lost and not long for this world. I wish they'd get their act together.

Da Worfster
    Agreed, Whorfie. Enterprise is GOD AWFUL. A series thats supposed to take place as the PRE ORIGINS of Starfleet, and the show has a MODERN ROCK soundtrack to it? Are they kidding me? It plain sucks. Nothing will compare to the original Shantner/Nimoy show.

Thread Information