Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Some recent movie viewings

About to catch my ride home for the holidays...thought I'd post some quick comments on several movies I bougth/rented recently...all on BluRay

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Never before have I seen a plot so poorly considered, dialogue so cheesy, yet special effects and polish so compelling that I couldn't turn away....this was terrible...worse than The Scorpion King, but it had its wow.
    C-

Step Brothers: This was just never funny at any point. I liked it when comedies used to try.
    F

The Incredible Hulk: Wow, wasn't expecting much but Ed Norton made me care about the Hulk again...this was how it should have been done a few years ago. I'm going to buy this now....it was great on BluRay...7.1 Rules!!!
    B (but A- for me cause I'm a sucker for Marvel)

The Assassination of Jesse James by that Guy Rob Something - This was pretty good actually, not great, but I don't remember hearing about it going to the Theater. You could spend 2 hrs and change doing much worse. Solid Rental in the American folk/history/legend genre...Pitt ain't bad when he puts his mind to something.
    B+

Crank - WTF? Seriously. This was retarded.
    F

Hancock:: Geez, you'd think Will Smith was a communist or something by the way they trashed this movie in the summer. It was predictable, a bit silly at times, but a decent enough pop corn muncher that's worth a gander
    B

The Invasion: Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman look more or less the same every freakin' movie? She doesn't age. She's not human. The movie...meh, decent sci-fi stuff M. Night Syamalan wishes he could still pull off.
    B-

Gotta say, most BluRays I've been watching have the higher bitrate Dolby or DTS in 7.1 and it makes a big difference over matrixing (is that a word) the 5.1 track like you have to with most DVD's...

Up next...Season 4 of Lost...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    ...Up next...Season 4 of Lost...

And you were doing so well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas

And you were doing so well...
    Awww c'mon Rich...even if you can't keep up with the plot there's enough scantily clad women running around to keep ya hooked....

Suspended
    I have HBO/Cinemax. I get the REAL stuff!

I have HBO/Cinemax. I get the REAL stuff!
    Oh that's what you call the REAL stuff?

Must be awfully awkward when your mom walks in

Suspended
    You've been watchin' too much Seinfeld...

You've been watchin' too much Seinfeld...
    Yes I have....

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    We watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story last night. I wasn't expecting much. Hubby recorded it a while back and wanted to watch it. I thought that I would just sit and read my book. But the movie was actually better than I thought it would be and I ended up watching it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Oscar material, but it had some really funny moments and I laughed out loud several times! I'd recommend it if you're looking for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story last night. I wasn't expecting much. Hubby recorded it a while back and wanted to watch it. I thought that I would just sit and read my book. But the movie was actually better than I thought it would be and I ended up watching it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Oscar material, but it had some really funny moments and I laughed out loud several times! I'd recommend it if you're looking for a laugh.
    Saw it...we recorded it for a snowy day, too. A great movie to watch on the Tube in a pinch. Sort of a weird Johnny Cash parody in some spots.

Step Brothers was far worse.

Thread Information