Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well, I added another DVD today -- Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes Uncensored. Just came out, and Fry's had it for $14. This features the infamous "Stimpy's Pregnant" and "Naked Beach Frenzy" episodes, which were apparently too tasteless and/or risque for TV -- I can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    jackie's new police story is really good! i think jackie's gone through some strides in his acting and has been able to tap into his emotions, almost a little TOO much, as he has several emotional scenes where the tears flow, to the point where he's almost showing off that he can cry. the fight sequences and stunts are still at the high level that you can expect. i got this last year, the foreign double disc version with all the behind the scenes specials on the second disc, i'm not sure if the american release was a 1 or 2 disc set, but watching the behind the scenes on the "building dive" stunt gave me the willies just watching what they did! wow! those guys have some serious balls.
    and its a really enjoyable story too, good entertaining movie!
    It's a one-disc set, but it comes with a few featurettes, including one featuring Jackie doing the English dubbing. But, it comes with a 5.1 Cantonese soundtrack, and while I despise dubbed soundtracks, at least the English soundtrack features Jackie doing his own voiceovers.

I am looking forward to seeing this one. Reviews I've read indicate that it's probably Jackie Chan's best movie since Drunken Master 2, and from the descriptions I've read it seems like his most serious movie since Crime Story (definitely a departure from the original Police Story quadrilogy). Jackie has tried doing the over-the-top melodramatic act before with Heart of the Dragon, and bits and pieces find their way into some of his other movies as well (even otherwise comedic ventures like Drunken Master 2 or Police Story 2).

I collected some of the other HK Jackie Chan DVDs before the American distribution rights for most of Jackie's best movies got pulled from Tai Seng and given over to Dimension Films. Up to this point, I'd been boycotting Dimension's atrocious U.S. releases for both Jackie Chan and Jet Li (which unfortunately cover many of their best movies) because they only include the dubbed English soundtrack with no extras, which is piss poor treatment of some classic genre pics. But, the drawback to the Asian DVDs is the often poor video and audio quality for a lot of the HK films I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Believe it or not, I haven’t paid over $7.50 (most of them $5.50) for any of DVDs I own. The only DVDs paid $10 for were double discs Star Trek special edition movies...and that was kind of too much
    Coming from you, I DO believe it!
    Last edited by Woochifer; 07-18-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

The Jerk - 25th errr 26th Anniv Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I may pick it up as well. I watch this whenever it's on cable. Very funny movie!
    I've watched my copy once. It looks great, and I find new stuff to laugh at every time I see it but there was a scene missing, I think. I'm not sure if this was a scene that was added after the theatrical release and maybe included in the dvd special features. It's the scene where the guy with the airplane goes to Navin for cash to re-upholster his leather airplane seats. I've been meaning to go back and check to make sure I didn't miss it (I've been known to pass out for about 10mins at a time while on the sofa) or whether it's in the special features as a scene that was added later, but I've seen it on tv. Unfortunately I haven't had time to investigate further.

(BTW, The Jerk 26th Anniv. Ed. was one of the 2 for $15 dvds at Best Buy about 3 weeks ago. The Big Lebowski was also included --- JESUS!!....Yesssss - Tuturro cracks me up and repulses me at the same time in this flick!)

I picked up Attack of the Giant Leeches and White Zombie for $2.50 at a nearby Sam Goody's that was going out of business. You might check around to see if there's one closing in your area. We're about 45mi from both Pensacola FL and Mobile AL. The Sam Goody's in both places closed. All the good stuff was gone before I found out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information