Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    [QUOTE=BarryL]It was easy to find Troy's link because you noted that it was moved. That was a good thing. A considerate thing. The site programmer was planning ahead.

My conjecture may be wrong here, but I suspect this is more than trying to keep things organized. I suspect you are trying to let Troy and 3lockbox know that they should not be posting movie reviews on the Rave Recordings board, but should be posting them here.
    It's wrong LOL I had no other intention than to move OT posts from the wrong area, to the right area. If any other thoughts and conclusions to the move are developed, then they are reading well past my intentions.

I'm sure you are going to get tired of moving their movie posts over to this board, as you are currently doing. And that will lead to some kind of effort to stop people from posting in places that are "inappropriate" by the standard of AR categories, not the intended audience of the communication.
    Since there are other moderators working along with myself, this is not a very big job. I know of no effort to discourage people from posting in "inappropriate" places. I just hope that people would just post to the appropriate place. It does keep us from working so hard, and does keep things organized.

For example, I'm sure Troy and 3lockbox wanted the Rave Recordings community to hear what they had to say about the movie. I certainly was. But I wouldn't have seen their posts if they posted on the movie board.
    My suggestion to the rave recording community is to not isolate themselves within that community. If you want to hear what anyone has to say about any movie, just come to the favorite film section and read the review. Make audioreview as a whole your community as opposed to just a small segment of it. I am sure you understand that if people just posted any topic anywhere(just because they always visit that one place), this place would be a disorganized mess and everyone would be howling like wolves. This will eliminate that kind of confusion, as you just post what you want to say in the appropriate place, and everyone is happy

So, make me feel better. Tell me that you won't start deleting posts and threatening to remove those who make OT posts from participating.
    Not going to happen, that is not my style of moderating. Make me feel better, come visit the favorite film section every once in a while (:>)
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

" I am sure you understand that if people just posted any topic anywhere(just because they always visit that one place), this place would be a disorganized mess and everyone would be howling like wolves. This will eliminate that kind of confusion, as you just post what you want to say in the appropriate place, and everyone is happy."

Please identify the everyone who were howling in this specific instance. Also, the only person I can discern who was made happy by this tin-star power-trip is you. Thus far, Rave Recs has been relatively immune from the self-destruction that has beeen going on at AR for the last couple of years. Is there a new mission to drag Rave Recs into the petty snarkiness that has plagued so much of the rest of AR for so long?

In case I haven't made my position clear, this action was nothing more than meddling by a hall monitor.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    " I am sure you understand that if people just posted any topic anywhere(just because they always visit that one place), this place would be a disorganized mess and everyone would be howling like wolves. This will eliminate that kind of confusion, as you just post what you want to say in the appropriate place, and everyone is happy."

Please identify the everyone who were howling in this specific instance.
    First, I was setting up a scenario, not saying that it actually happened. Please read it again, that might be helpful.

Also, the only person I can discern who was made happy by this tin-star power-trip is you.
    This is a personal assult, and is not allow on this board. This is the very attitude that previously killed the other forums, and exactly what the site administrators do not want to see. It was also very uncool as I have not attack you in this fashion

Thus far, Rave Recs has been relatively immune from the self-destruction that has beeen going on at AR for the last couple of years.
    Perhaps this is true, but this is not a website on its own. It is a forum within a website. All website rules apply to this forum, like it does to all of the other forums. You are not running yourself, but are part of a larger picture, so you do not set your own rules.

Is there a new mission to drag Rave Recs into the petty snarkiness that has plagued so much of the rest of AR for so long?
    Not if you don't make it one. However attacking someone that hasn't personally attacked you does constitute petty snarkiness, so don't do the very thing that you don't like.

In case I haven't made my position clear, this action was nothing more than meddling by a hall monitor.
    If you were in my position(moderator and participant) and someone said this to you, you would be highly insulted. I am not however, as I am never insulted by people on any forum I visit. However this constitutes a personal attack, and that cannot continue. What ever happened to rule "don't attack someone who hasn't attacked you"? This comment is very unnecessary, as doesn't help the situation one bit.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

My Final Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    It's wrong LOL I had no other intention than to move OT posts from the wrong area, to the right area. If any other thoughts and conclusions to the move are developed, then they are reading well past my intentions.

Make me feel better, come visit the favorite film section every once in a while (:>)

I guess I just have problems with authority figures. I've once again over-reacted. Thanks for humouring me (I am Canadian, after all -- you can tell by the spelling).

At least I know one highly recommended movie to go see to forget about this whole thing!

And given that I only live in one tiny corner of your community, I'll refrain from posting movie reviews there and creating other kinds of clutter.

Enjoy your weekend, and keep those fingers nimble.

(Any good movies you'd recommend?)
    "A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission" - Rush

Somehow, I don't think it is mere coincidence that I've seen these same statements used in the (recent) past when forum users reacted unfavorably to heavy-handed tactics by a moderator. No matter. Take it personally if you feel that righteous indignation provides any substance to your argument. I've said all that I intend to on the subject, and am going back to Rave Recs.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Somehow, I don't think it is mere coincidence that I've seen these same statements used in the (recent) past when forum users reacted unfavorably to heavy-handed tactics by a moderator. No matter. Take it personally if you feel that righteous indignation provides any substance to your argument. I've said all that I intend to on the subject, and am going back to Rave Recs.
    It doesn't serve you well to think that all moderators are the same, and you have to treat them all poorly. Nothing personal here at all, but off topic posts will be moved. There is nothing heavy handed about following the rules and I am sorry you are taking this so negatively. That is not my intent.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    It's kind of liked forced bussing.

Did you even notice that the thread in Rave Recs was twice as long as the one in Fave Films? That's because there's more of a community over there.

I know I, for one, do not visit all the forums, and I was just about to give up on Fave Films as well.

I think I will, now. I hate being forced to use it, and my response will be to boycott fave films.

See ya.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    It's kind of liked forced bussing.

Did you even notice that the thread in Rave Recs was twice as long as the one in Fave Films? That's because there's more of a community over there.

I know I, for one, do not visit all the forums, and I was just about to give up on Fave Films as well.

I think I will, now. I hate being forced to use it, and my response will be to boycott fave films.

See ya.
    Dusty,

I noticed in October and the first part of November the number of viewers in fave films increased to almost 30 at any given time. Favorite Films was probably running second with speakers both of which were behind rave recs which usually has the most viewers at any given time. Participation was up as well.

When Troy started the thread on The Incredibles, he had about 90 views and 3 to 6 responses on fave films before he reposted in Rave Recs. He still got a couple of more responses in fave films after he reposted as people went to see the film based at least in small part on his review. Many, including myself, were appreciative of his review in fave films. And, I appreciated the fact that he chose to post here even if he wanted to share it with the community at rave recs, which he did. This didn't bother me at all. What does concern me, however, is the possibility of substantial film talk migrating to rave recs. The film afficiandos here at AR are small in number compared to the music lovers. I for one would like to see more participation in filmland by the community at rave recs even if it's only on an occasional basis.

Don't abandon US because you disagreed with the moderator. Really, you would hurt the ones who regularly participate at fave films much more than the moderator.

The thing I like about AR is that I can view and participate in discussions on music, gear and film at one place. It won't take much of a boycott to shut down fave films.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Maybe I'm still just a newbie here but really....what's a couple of mouse clicks to check or post on another forum? I myself check all the forums on AR pretty much everyday.

JSE
    Wow!

Saw it this weekend. Very good film. Very clever and very funny. Probably my favorite this year.

Does anyone remenber who the sister's voice was? I missed it in the credits. Sounded very familiar.

JSE

Talking Thanks JSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Wow!

Saw it this weekend. Very good film. Very clever and very funny. Probably my favorite this year.

Does anyone remenber who the sister's voice was? I missed it in the credits. Sounded very familiar.

JSE
    For "unhijacking" the thread and getting it back to the topic at hand. How you doin you ole horse thief? The daughter was listed as vocalized by one Sarah Vowell, never heard of her.

Da Worfster

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    For "unhijacking" the thread and getting it back to the topic at hand. How you doin you ole horse thief? The daughter was listed as vocalized by one Sarah Vowell, never heard of her.

Da Worfster

Huh? Sarh Vowell. Yep, never heard of her. She might have a bright future if Vanna White ever kicks the bucket on Wheel of Fortune. Hah, I'm killin myself.

The only nit-pick I had with the movie, and it was a minor minor one, was Holly Hunter as the wife's voice. Just kindof annoying. Other than that, this movie was awesome. I can't wait to see the sequel, if one is planned. Actually, I wish they would come out with a true animated James Bond movie similiar to this one. Funny and all. How cool would that be? Purists would never allow it though.

BTW, keep the Horse theiven on the down-low. Technically, you can still be hanged here in Texas for it.

JSE

Talking Ooops... forget you wuz in a "Red" State.....

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Huh? Sarh Vowell. Yep, never heard of her. She might have a bright future if Vanna White ever kicks the bucket on Wheel of Fortune. Hah, I'm killin myself.

The only nit-pick I had with the movie, and it was a minor minor one, was Holly Hunter as the wife's voice. Just kindof annoying. Other than that, this movie was awesome. I can't wait to see the sequel, if one is planned. Actually, I wish they would come out with a true animated James Bond movie similiar to this one. Funny and all. How cool would that be? Purists would never allow it though.

BTW, keep the Horse theiven on the down-low. Technically, you can still be hanged here in Texas for it.

JSE
    Agree with you on the Bond suggestion. But I think only Pixar or Trey and Parker, could give it the nasty spin it would need for it to work. Been a load of "Bond" type rip-off's as of late. It'd really have to distinguish itself with either more humor or spectacular graphics.

Da Worfster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information