Question New and Upcoming Releases.....

Can anyone comment on any of the following new and upcoming releases. Worth the blind buy or what?

Alexander

Mr&Mrs Smith

Fantastic Four

The Island

The Cave

Alexander got a lot of flack, mostly from homophobes, but I didn't see it.
    The Island I loved.
    Just rented Mr. & Mrs. Smith and plan to watch it tonight, so I'll let you know, but my girlfriend said it was dumb, but she also hates Vince Vaugn.

Kam
    the cave - avoid at all costs. horrible horrible movie. it might be so bad its good, but i dont think so, its just so bad its bad. although the underwater cinematography is top notch.

mr. and mrs. smith - very enjoyable, fun movie. its just a good fun action movie and there's a scene where angelina jolie wears fishnets.... what else could you want?

fantastic four - had this been the very first superhero movie made, it woulda been really good. but since the bar has been seriously raised by xmen and spiderman and batman, this movie was pretty low level.

havent seen alexander or the island, so cant comment, but havent heard good things about either.
    /create

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    I thought "Alexander" felt really slow. I think it was trying too hard to be epic. Colin really made a lot of bravehart speaches
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Forum Regular
    The more I look back on the summer box-office, the more I think The Island was sadly underrated and under-promoted. It's a great action / sci-fi flick. Great performances from Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johannsen. The always enjoyable Steve Buscemi has an extended cameo appearance. Everyone I know who saw it really loved it. Hope the DVD has a DTS mix!

Forum Regular
    Just another quick note on The Island. Check out the reviews on Amazon. Of all the December releases, this is the one I'm most excited about. Michael Bay almost makes up for Pearl Harbor with this one...Almost.

Thanks for the tips. I picked up Mr&Mrs Smith this morning and will grab The Island when it comes out.

Thread Information