National Lampoon Vacation

It is a shame how Warner Bro. studio is treating Chevy Chase's 1983 movie National Lampoons Vacation which IMO is probably the best in Lampoon film series. Their new edition of this fim on DVD and bluray is a joke.

There is a new edition of this movie on DVD released in 2010 with new picture cover on DVD and bluray (below photo). So bought a DVD copy and when I opened it, the disc have 20th anniversy logo on it which mean studio took the old 2003 edition disc (which had bad picture quality reviews) and just repackage it. They didn't even bother to remove the logo.

So I would definitely stay away from this new DVD edition. And probably the bluray edition also as picture quality reviews for it are as bad. They say it look like upconverted DVD.

Last edited by Smokey; 03-23-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Similar situation here...

I read some good reviews on Crimson Tide Blu and although i own the older DVD, i took the plunge and purchased the Blu-ray from amazon.

After giving it a spin last Saturday night, i was unimpressed. Video looked about the same as the up-converted DVD and the sound was better, but not much.

I returned the disc this week. Thanks Amazon!

Suspended
    I love that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    I returned the disc this week. Thanks Amazon!
    Does Amazon take open discs back?

Opened mine so can't take it back as I got it from walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I love that movie.
    Not with these new edition

Funny quote from movie:

After Oswald family find out the Wally World is closed for repairs, Chevy tell the owner:"Imagine how mad you also be if you take your family to Florida for vacation, and after gettinng there find out Florida is closed."

Thread Information