Thread: The Monkees...

The Monkees...

I loved that show when I was young! I think I saw almost every episode. I just read that Peter Tork (a member from that 1960's group) has a rare form of head & neck cancer. Bummer.
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

I'm not sayin' anything....

Yeah: Bummer. I liked the show, too!

They beat the Partidges, thass fer sure! (Oops, I'm going off the grid, here...)

Suspended
    I watched them as well. This is one time old school has modern day beat, now kids have the Wiggles It's been some years now but MTV player the Monkees shows and gave them a bit of a come back and then the reunion tours happened. That was a cool thing though to introduce the Monkees to new generations. I guess we've all heard the story of how Jimi Hendrix had the pleasure of opening for them in concert. That would have blown the mind of the teenies.

Look the Monkees may have had more Top 10 hits than the Partridges but, they had young Susan Day in short dresses. Who would have thought after decades Danny would have surfaced again. I wonder if the two younger siblings ever did anything after the show?

I've always heard that Michael Nesmith continued to record and had a following down in Texas. I never cared enough to check for his albums myself.

True dat!
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 03-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Thread Information