Resident DVD Reviewer

M Night Shamalyn's "The Village"...

Saw this tonight, opening night....did anyone think this sucked big fat juicy Rhonocerous dick as much as I did? Man, this guy just cant get these films right, and I said I wasnt going to go see another of his films after the insult that was "Signs"....the trailers all purported that this was to be some kind of sick, twisted thriller or horror-type adventure with people in the woods; and if my hot piece-of-ass sister had wheels, she'd be a wagon, too.....will not ruin this with any spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen this yet, but I'd advise to stay away...

Save our money for Open Water or perhaps Exorcist: The Beginning?

Stop it Lex, you're killing me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    Saw this tonight, opening night....did anyone think this sucked big fat juicy Rhonocerous dick as much as I did? Man, this guy just cant get these films right, and I said I wasnt going to go see another of his films after the insult that was "Signs"....the trailers all purported that this was to be some kind of sick, twisted thriller or horror-type adventure with people in the woods; and if my hot piece-of-ass sister had wheels, she'd be a wagon, too.....will not ruin this with any spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen this yet, but I'd advise to stay away...

Save our money for Open Water or perhaps Exorcist: The Beginning?
    It's 3:00 AM, I'm too wired from the gig to sleep and you got me laughing so hard I have to pee... stop it. You're runining my clothing!!!! I wish all movie reviews were so.... succint.

Da "where's that Depends diaper at?" Worfster

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    It's 3:00 AM, I'm too wired from the gig to sleep and you got me laughing so hard I have to pee... stop it. You're runining my clothing!!!! I wish all movie reviews were so.... succint.

Da "where's that Depends diaper at?" Worfster

Hahahahhahahaha......glad I got someone to laugh....re-reading my own comments, it made me **** in my pants, too.....it wasnt really a review per se, just a couple of comments that I thought it sucked...

It actually had a good concept (if you go to see it, without my blessing, you'll see what I mean), but Shymalan just didnt know where to go with it or how to execute....like I said, the trailers were completely irrelevant.

Go change your Jockeys......

You are not alone

Man was I dissapointed.I really enjoyed signs but this was a complete sack of turds.No real suspense,the premise was really stupid after you realise what it is,and the "creatures" are just dumb.He really dropped the ball on this one.The one good thing about it is Adrian Brody,I thought he did a fabulous job.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrendelZ
    Man was I dissapointed.I really enjoyed signs but this was a complete sack of turds.No real suspense,the premise was really stupid after you realise what it is,and the "creatures" are just dumb.He really dropped the ball on this one.The one good thing about it is Adrian Brody,I thought he did a fabulous job.
    Grendel,

Glad you found the same; well, actually, sorry you had to sit through that waste of two hours....actually, the "creatures" werent really creatures at all, if you followed the story....dont want to get into too much until everyone gets a chance to see it....but the film SHOULDNT have been marketed as a horror-type picture because this was just to lure audiences into the theaters....and it WASNT a horror picture; more like a suspense drama. IN THE HANDS OF A BETTER DIRECTOR this could have been a decent concept --- but it just wasnt marketed right; they could have made this more interesting, but the trailers led everyone to believe this was some kind of John Carpenter-style suspense/horror thing about a "haunted village".....now THAT would have been very cool, too, but again, with another director behind the project and a better screenplay development. This just sucked mango-sized Jason Voorhees turds....

P.S. I hated Signs with a passion, but I thought as a director, his first film, the Sixth Sense, was a great start in Hollywood. He needs to get his material more on the ball, this kid.

Thread Information