Unhappy share your tribute memories of Dennis Hopper

sad news for the fans of Dennis Hopper as he died Saturday of Prostate Cancer he will be remembered" as he portrayed some indelible Characters he was 74 yo
    Easy Rider... (Biker Billy) R.I.P Dennis
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

He was a good actor. His most memorable role for me was his portray of drunk in the movie Hoosier with Gene Hackman.

Last edited by Smokey; 05-30-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I loved him as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. But he played a lot of great characters and made every one of them believable. What a fantastic actor.

RIP Dennis.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I dug his performance in Waterworld. It was funny as heck, and I am sure it was not meant to be.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Frank Booth in Blue Velvet was one of the top 5 bad guys in the history of film. I will always associate him with that role first.

Feck in Rivers Edge was great too, as was the photojournalist in Apocalypse Now. The was great in True Grit too.

Too bad about the crap he did that made fun of his weirdo badguy typcasting like Waterworld and Speed. He was involved with a lot of bad movies, but when he was good he was great.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    another vote for Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. That film (mainly because of Hopper's performance) changed the way I look at movies.

his smaller role as Clarence Worley's father in True Romance is a favorite of mine too. Who could ask for more than a showdown between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper?

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin

his smaller role as Clarence Worley's father in True Romance is a favorite of mine too. Who could ask for more than a showdown between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper?
    My fave!
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    How could I forget the eggplant scene!?!

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    the Director's Cut of Appocalyps Now really expands Hopper's role...a role that was pretty pivotal for setting up Brando's character IMO. Up until Hopper's appearence, Sheen's mechanical narration had become long-in-the-tooth.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    the Director's Cut of Appocalyps Now really expands Hopper's role...a role that was pretty pivotal for setting up Brando's character IMO. Up until Hopper's appearence, Sheen's mechanical narration had become long-in-the-tooth.
    Understand that until Hopper appears all we know about Kurtz is what's in his military files. Sheen reading that dry way reflects that, and is in direct contrast to what Hopper tell us about Kurtz, both in content and manner in which the character says it.

Yes, Hopper's loony character gives Sheen (and us) a perspective that's very different from the army's dry dossier on Kurtz. Hopper's over the top performance gives us understanding of the Jim Jones-like magnetism Kurtz is supposed to possess. Too bad Brando blew the role, not giving us a reason to believe that anyone would follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Understand that until Hopper appears all we know about Kurtz is what's in his military files. Sheen reading that dry way reflects that, and is in direct contrast to what Hopper tell us about Kurtz, both in content and manner in which the character says it.

Yes, Hopper's loony character gives Sheen (and us) a perspective that's very different from the army's dry dossier on Kurtz. Hopper's over the top performance gives us understanding of the Jim Jones-like magnetism Kurtz is supposed to possess. Too bad Brando blew the role, not giving us a reason to believe that anyone would follow him.
    To anything other than an all you could eat buffet.

sorry couldn't resist.

Worf

Thread Information