Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

last night's double feature

Finally got a chance to go home early yesteday and had the house to myself 'til about 9:00. After listening to some tunes with my dog, I loaded up the dvd changer in the family room. I wanted to watch "The Incredibles" because the only time I've seen it since I got it was on my small tv in the bedroom. All I can say is the bigger the screen the better. This is a very entertaining movie with enough wit to keep most adults interested. The sound track is cool too.

Next up was Napoleon Dynamite. I got this for Christmas and watched it Christmas Day. It made my top __ (fill in #) list for 2004 and I've recommended it here. However, after watching it last night, I realized that I had forgotten to warn everyone to sit through the credits for the final scene. I hope everyone caught it, but if you missed it then by all means it's worth renting again to see/hear the serenade in the final scene. Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie again. My copy has been leaving the house with my sons almost every weekend since we got it.

(As you can see, I was in no mood for anything too heavy or deep.)

Forum Regular
    Agreed on both. Pixar is really doing a tremendous job in making entertaining kid's movies with lots of appeal for grown-ups. "Napoleon Dynamite" is a very unique movie. Everyone felt geeky in high school at some point. Napoleon makes nerdiness cool.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defshep
    Agreed on both. Pixar is really doing a tremendous job in making entertaining kid's movies with lots of appeal for grown-ups. "Napoleon Dynamite" is a very unique movie. Everyone felt geeky in high school at some point. Napoleon makes nerdiness cool.
    I never felt that geeky.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Talking Thanks...

I've yet to see "The Incredibles" on the small screen. I might rent it someday. Saw "Napolean Dynamite" couple of months ago. Sigh too bad I hadn't seen your review before then it would've saved me a re-renting!!!! N.D. is definately a "black or white" movie. Nobody is neutral about it, they either love it, as I did, or think it's 2 hours of ignorant, self indulgent crap, as some of my buds do. Either way, there's no ignoring it.

Da Worfster

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    I never felt that geeky.
    LUCKY!!!

Egg me if you must, but I didn't think The Incredibles was all that incredible, especially considering all the hype. I thought the sound effects were typical to mundane, the video was fine and the storyline straight out of the first Scooby-Doo movie. The neglected, patronized, wanna-be apprentice gets his revenge, big whoop.

Thread Information