Thread: Hd-ppv

Forum Regular

Hd-ppv

A few weeks ago i finanlly got around to ordering my 1st HDPPV movie [ the newest Rambo] I just wanted to say that the picture and sound was very good, I wonder just how much better B-RAY would look and sound, To be completely honest the sound and video of this movie is good enough for me, The only bad thing about it is if the dish dvr goes bad or fills up there goes my movies. O YEA as far as the rambo movie goes , Unbelievable amount of killing, blood, and brutal violence, IMO this is the best one of them all.

Considering that satellite signal using MPEG-4 AVC compression uses a data rate of about 7 to 8 Mbits/sec for HD resolution and Blu-ray has a base data rate of about 36 Mbits/sec, you can conclude that BR probably will look and sound better due to higher bit rate.

But on the same note, higher bit rate does not always guaranty a better picture. Method of mastering a movie to BR is also factor in picture quality as not all BR software are created equal.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Considering that satellite signal using MPEG-4 AVC compression uses a data rate of about 7 to 8 Mbits/sec for HD resolution and Blu-ray has a base data rate of about 36 Mbits/sec, you can conclude that BR probably will look and sound better due to higher bit rate.

But on the same note, higher bit rate does not always guaranty a better picture. Method of mastering a movie to BR is also factor in picture quality as not all BR software are created equal.
    But BLU IS USUALLY BETTER, like you said.
    Sometimes you get a ripoff, the Total Recall Blu disc didnt look as good as the SD Galaxy quest on my Blu player.
    Sir talky and I have been arguing about this, I think Downloading
    is going to dominate in the future, but that Blu will be a collectors
    format, one thing for sure, it not only looks but SOUNDS better on a BLU PLAYER, that is the gold standard nowadays, although all of the HD stuff I watch on PPV looks quite decent.
    And dont worry about filling up your DVR, that takes awhile, and I have had mine for three years, hasnt failed yet, although it reboots every once in awhile, and really needs replacing it has given me good service
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Forum Regular

Hdppv

One other sad thing for me is, the more HD stuff i watch the worse my standerd dvd's look. Im sure i will be going with a BR player in the near future, so i can at lest watch my most favorite movies in HD.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Time Warner has HD adult on demand now
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Thread Information