Go ahead. Laugh. We saw Poseidon.

Cheesy, but the one saving grace (and the ONLY way I would see it*) was that we went into the city and saw it on the IMAX.

There were a few good jump-up scenes but, on the whole, somewhat over-rated. I don't think We would have gone to see it on a regular cinema. without IMAX it might be a little lacking.

Watching that big boat rollover on that great, big screen with great sound was almost worth the price. ...and watching a smart-ass Kevin Dillon (the only roles he seems to play well) get crushed by some big hunka machinery was fun, too.

Emmy Rossum was pretty, Richard Dreyfuss was ollllllld (and I should talk?), Kurt Russell was, well, Kurt Russell and Kevin Dillon, well, we already discussed him..

*that, and a promise of a pastrami sandwich at the Carnagie Deli.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Ha ha....I can laugh because I saw it too...posted a few weeks back I think.

It would make for an average rental...the movie was painfully obvious, and predictable...but I still feel that Poseidon was more of what Titanic should have been.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    mmmmmm...Carnagie Deli. I would see the horrible movie The Fog again just for the chance to go to the Deli
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    It wasnt as bad as it could have been. Not bad at all. I liked it better then MI3.
    Look & Listen

Yeah, the wife knows how to get what she wants.

We make it a day in the city when we go the the Imax. Some coffee in one of the shops (sometimes a B &N), a walk in CP, the movie, some dinner, whatever...

Hell, I'd even watch SpongeBob if it's in Imax and she provides me with the proper incentive. I'm 57 and sometimes* my favorite foods I can't get every day rates higher than the usual incentives that worked 20 - 30 years ago.

Yeah, it was a fun movie. Not great art, but entertaining. She wants to See MI3 too, but so far I've managed to put this off. That's a renter, IMNSHO.

The next excursion wil lto see Superman Returns but I'm gonna have to bribe HER this time.

* I said sometimes, not always. I may be old but I ain't dead!

Thread Information