Columbo Favorite Episodes.

I remember when there were only three networks on TV, and Colombo was always one of highlight of night it was on. Only have the first season of Columbo on DVD, so shows from other seasons are from memory.

Season 1: Short Fuse. Roddy McDowall who have extremely high IQ kill his uncle. At the end where Columbo set up a trap, Roddy who wear a necklace given to him by Hi IQ Society, take it off and hang it around Colombo's neck as a sign submission.

Season 2: Double Shock. Martin Landau plays feuding twin brothers who kill their uncle by electric shock to gain access to his inheritance. Columbo keep turning off the power at fuse box to test his theory, as the twin’s mother watching of soap opera on TV is interrupted by power outage she keep screeming at Columbo.

Season 3: Swan Song. Johnny Cash is Country and Western singer who kill his wife. Cash also sing the famous “Sunday Morning Coming Down” in this episode.

Season 7: Try and Catch me. A writer of murder mysteries wreaks revenge on her nephew-in-law by locking him up in air tight vault and call it an accident. A very solid mystery with Ruth Gordon.
    Last edited by Smokey; 07-18-2009 at 02:25 AM.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I like them all. I remember the episodes you mention. I also remember an episode where Columbo investigates a murder at a boys military school. The commedant in that episode plays the the warden in Escape From Alcatraz a few years later. No one did 'terse' better that that guy.

I also remember William Shatner did an episode of Columbo where he plays an actor on a weekly cop show (Walter Koenig had a cameo in that episode).
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

I remember that episode in the military school where a cloth was left intentionaly in a cannon. Columbo kept running around asking for clean pair of sucks. Also If I'm not mistaken, Bruno Kirby (City Slickers) was also in that episode.

I don't remember too well the episode with William Shatner. I think my mind is slipping

3LB
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Columbo kept running around asking for clean pair of sucks.
    I think that was an entirely different Columbo you were watching.

FWIW: the I prefer the dirty sloppy kind

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I think that was an entirely different Columbo you were watching.
    I don't have that episode on DVD, but I am sure we are talking about the same episode. Here is photo of comedant:

He is an excellent actor and have seen him in many movies. He was the one that finally told one of his student to get Columbo a clean pair of sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    asking for clean pair of sucks. )
    Oh Da humanity. I wouldn't have noticed this Freudian slip but someone with the initial 'Three Lock Box" droped a rather large dime on you. Spreading this quote of yours far and wide on the net. I'd get revenge if'n I wuz you!!!!

Da Worfster

3LB
    I don't know about the far and wide thing, however...

I...just ...could...not ....resist...

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Oh Da humanity. I wouldn't have noticed this Freudian slip but someone with the initial 'Three Lock Box" droped a rather large dime on you.
    Thanks for head up Worf. He sure put one on me this time. Good going 3LB..

Last edited by Smokey; 07-22-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Thread Information