Suspended

Any one see this movie?....

Life As A House. I caught this movie today and I thought it was excellent. It probably helped that I began watching it without knowing anything about it. This movie had enough surprises and oddity along with the serious plots to keep it interesting and made it work for me. I am just curious if any one else seen it and what other thoughts were.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I saw that movie when it came out. To be honest I don't remember many of the details. But I do remember that it was a suprisingly good movie.

Suspended
    I like Kevin Kline and the movie looks interesting. I have it queued up to watch along with several others.

Thanks for the rec.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Almost. It lost out at the last second to Fair Game with the consistently milfalicious Naomi Watts and Sean Penn portraying a rebadged version of himself.

In retrospect I wish I would've watched Life's A House...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Life As A House. I caught this movie today and I thought it was excellent. It probably helped that I began watching it without knowing anything about it. This movie had enough surprises and oddity along with the serious plots to keep it interesting and made it work for me. I am just curious if any one else seen it and what other thoughts were.
    I finally got around to seeing this last night. Funny since we just finished watching another movie with Kevin Kline, No Strings Attached.

Anyway, I liked this movie and what it was about. Surprises, oddities and subplots that work, like you said, is why this movie worked.

Suspended
    Just curious if your wife liked it as much as you? FA said she liked it. A few lady friends I spoke to though didn't seem to get the movie where their husbands did. I just found that odd for this movie.

ima putting it on the list.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Just curious if your wife liked it as much as you? FA said she liked it. A few lady friends I spoke to though didn't seem to get the movie where their husbands did. I just found that odd for this movie.
    This site was flaking out yesterday. I added a reply here and it showed, then it was gone.

Overall the answer is Yes, she liked it but maybe not as much as I did.

After having just watched "No Strings Attached" and then "Life as a House" right after, Kline played two completely different roles. In One he is a pot smoking, coke snorting father of Ashton Kutcher to being the father of a kid that was a pot smoking, coke snorting son.

The main comment my wife made was that because most movies are written or produced by men, most movies are told from what a man would want/expect to happen and not always reality of how most women would actually handle certain situations.

Very different than most movie with a good overall story and sub stories. The girl next door was pretty odd and if that was really Mary Steenburgen's butt shot...not bad for an older lady!

Thread Information