• 04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Any one see this movie?....
    Life As A House. I caught this movie today and I thought it was excellent. It probably helped that I began watching it without knowing anything about it. This movie had enough surprises and oddity along with the serious plots to keep it interesting and made it work for me. I am just curious if any one else seen it and what other thoughts were.
  • 04-02-2011, 06:27 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    I saw that movie when it came out. To be honest I don't remember many of the details. But I do remember that it was a suprisingly good movie.
  • 04-04-2011, 04:57 AM
    Hyfi
    I like Kevin Kline and the movie looks interesting. I have it queued up to watch along with several others.

Thanks for the rec.
  • 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
    bobsticks
    Almost. It lost out at the last second to Fair Game with the consistently milfalicious Naomi Watts and Sean Penn portraying a rebadged version of himself.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OvryYdVtfS..._spy_movie.bmp

In retrospect I wish I would've watched Life's A House...
  • 05-16-2011, 06:04 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Life As A House. I caught this movie today and I thought it was excellent. It probably helped that I began watching it without knowing anything about it. This movie had enough surprises and oddity along with the serious plots to keep it interesting and made it work for me. I am just curious if any one else seen it and what other thoughts were.

I finally got around to seeing this last night. Funny since we just finished watching another movie with Kevin Kline, No Strings Attached.

Anyway, I liked this movie and what it was about. Surprises, oddities and subplots that work, like you said, is why this movie worked.
  • 05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Just curious if your wife liked it as much as you? FA said she liked it. A few lady friends I spoke to though didn't seem to get the movie where their husbands did. I just found that odd for this movie.
  • 05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
    frenchmon
    ima putting it on the list.
  • 05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Just curious if your wife liked it as much as you? FA said she liked it. A few lady friends I spoke to though didn't seem to get the movie where their husbands did. I just found that odd for this movie.

This site was flaking out yesterday. I added a reply here and it showed, then it was gone.

Overall the answer is Yes, she liked it but maybe not as much as I did.

After having just watched "No Strings Attached" and then "Life as a House" right after, Kline played two completely different roles. In One he is a pot smoking, coke snorting father of Ashton Kutcher to being the father of a kid that was a pot smoking, coke snorting son.

The main comment my wife made was that because most movies are written or produced by men, most movies are told from what a man would want/expect to happen and not always reality of how most women would actually handle certain situations.

Very different than most movie with a good overall story and sub stories. The girl next door was pretty odd and if that was really Mary Steenburgen's butt shot...not bad for an older lady!