Kam

Anyone lost in Lost?

LOVE IT!!!! Probably my favorite current TV show. Havent missed an episode yet and still want to get the DVD of the first season when it comes out. Such a great show, but don't want to delve to deep into the "what-the-hell-is-going-on-on-the-island" conversation. Anyone else???

peace
    k2
    me likey "freckles"
    /create

Re

I give it a "B". Not bad, but also not what I expected. I'll give it credit for getting better, where I initally saw it going nowhere. In fact I almost jumped the shark early on. I like the way they bring all the characters into focus with flashbacks, and do it so you have some empathy for them all. Cause on the "surface"... they're (mostly) all jerks.

What I don't like is how they TOTALLY ignor the REAL issues anyone would have... the fact they act & look like they're on a club-med vacation rather than struggling to live (I know, it's only a TV show...LOL). Of course, the kicker is (seemed apparent to me from the first show) that they are ALL DEAD already anyway... or rather, they're now in some kinda ethereal limbo, where their souls are given another chance for repentance of some kind. So it's REALLY a sci-fi kinda show (IMHO). How it plays out... will depend on how long the writers have to play with it (how successful the show is).
    You don't know... jack

JSE
    Great Show!

I have it set on my DVR. I have yet to miss an episode. It's definitely unlike anything else on TV these days and it always seems to keep you guessing. One thing that really bugs me is the scheduling. WTF? They show 1 maybe 2 episodes and then it's off for a week or two.

The only weekness I can see in the show is there are SOOOO many little sub plots going on. Not the falshbacks. They are cool. Another show that seems to be getting to complicated is Desperate Housewifes. My wife made me watch the first few episodes and now I am hooked. Yep, I'll admit it. This show also has some back-ass-ward schedule as well. It's one for a week or two and then off for 3 weeks.

JSE

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    If something doesnt happen soon on that island that has all there attention,i'm going to not have much interest left.
    Look & Listen

Terrific show! One of the best in a long while. I've unfortunately missed a few episodes due to work, so sometimes I feel "lost" myself (sorry, couldn't resist ). I like the way they dedicate each episode to kind of dive into each character's background. My problem is I still keep calling Jack, "Charlie" from his old Party of Five days.

BTW JSE, I'm right there with ya on Desperate Housewives. Eva Longoria, drooooooool!

Another case for TiVo.
    Look & Listen

Kam
    I either read or heard in an interview (i think with jack/charlie/mathew sheppard) that the whole purgatory scenario is not the case, or at least the cast/crew didnt think so. only the writers would know for sure. it definitely seems that way, that the island is some sort of purgatory where the characters are all getting a second chance to 'correct' their lives. I guess it would make more sense if we knew the character that ethan killed in waiting for claire to be given up. if that character had 'fullfilled' his destiny or whatever and so could then 'die'?

i think all the subplots and flashbacks are great, what makes the show so engaging is how we can learn so much and so little at the same time. Especially the korean couple backstory, how the first time we see it through the girls POV and think her husbands a big jackoff, and then see the whole story again through his POV and realize what was really going on and finally gain some sympathy for the guy.

and now with hurley and these numbers things. i always thought (especially with the claire backstory episode) that her baby was the potential anti-christ, and so that pyschic dude sent her to the island for the eventual battle for the baby's soul, with the evil that's already there, ala ethan and who/whatever killed off the frenchwoman's crew, and the Lost crew.

just some random ramblings.

peace
    k2
    /create

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    BTW JSE, I'm right there with ya on Desperate Housewives. Eva Longoria, drooooooool!
    Mm.......Mm...Mm.Mm.Mm.Mm. EeeeeVaaaaaaa!

BTW, Lost has definitely got some of the hottest women around the TV Channels these days. And quite a few of them.

As far as you missing some shows, think DVR! It's awesome.

JSE

Quote Originally Posted by JSE

BTW, Lost has definitely got some of the hottest women around the TV Channels these days. And quite a few of them.

JSE
    Yep, as soon as I upgrade the TV (which is very soon, seriously thinking JVC DILA) I'm upgrading to a HD Dish stb with DVR. All in good time, brother.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Yep, as soon as I upgrade the TV (which is very soon, seriously thinking JVC DILA) I'm upgrading to a HD Dish stb with DVR. All in good time, brother.
    Hey speedy - check the JVC recall notice posted in the Home Theater forum. I have no idea whether it's the same model you're considering. I get recall updates every week by e-mail. Today's update happened to include a TV so I posted it.

Forum Regular
    LOST - I'll keep watch for that series... will invest on the DVDs... and forgoe watching it on the air-waves. Thanks for your reviews. Right now, i'm not hooked-up with "Kingdom Hospital." I just want to finish the series... and see what's gives at the end. For now, KH is really dragging.

Kam

the kingdom

you should check out the original version of the show, was a mini-series in germany or denmark i think. in two 4 hour parts it was freaky as hell. i havent seen the stephen king version, but from the trailers i saw, it didnt look as good. if you can find the danish/german version, its worth a look, very creepy. the girl in the elevator and the stuff going on in the basement of the hospital particularly freaked me out.
    /create

JSE
    Been watching Gray's Anatomy. Pretty good so far and some hot babe's.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular

the #s

i'm feeling kinda lucky today, does anyone remember what the numbers are???????

Kam

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

but beware the consequences......
    /create

Forum Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    you should check out the original version of the show, was a mini-series (The Kingdom Hospital) in germany or denmark i think. in two 4 hour parts it was freaky as hell.
    Thanks for the info on the original version of the show. I'll try to look it up.

Kam

so what in the hey is in that thing?

locke... bending over praying to that thing... light turns on. so.... any guesses what in the heck is in there? and what the worf's avatar is up with the scheduling? season finale on may25th???? so repeats until then?
    /create

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    locke... bending over praying to that thing... light turns on. so.... any guesses what in the heck is in there? and what the worf's avatar is up with the scheduling? season finale on may25th???? so repeats until then?

I think it said there would be another couple of episodes between now and the season finale. I thinks that is what I head in the "Next, on Lost" trailer after the show.

If not, 1 1/2 months is a long time. They might see some of their viewers get lost.

JSE

Kam

correction!

I think it said there would be another couple of episodes between now and the season finale. I thinks that is what I head in the "Next, on Lost" trailer after the show.

If not, 1 1/2 months is a long time. They might see some of their viewers get lost.

JSE
    yeah, just checked you're right. thought the locke confrontration promo they showed was the season finale one. but checked the schedule and there are a few more episodes:

4/27 - special
    5/04 - 'the greater good'
    5/11 - 'born to run'
    5/18 - 'exodus' (part 1)
    5/25 - 'exodus' (part 2)

so i guess just two weeks of repeats ("special" and "outlaws" being the next two coming up) before the sweetness comes back! read a few spoiler stuff but then stopped myself, dont want to know what's coming up with any certainty. but am guessing with the birth of that kid... all hell's gonna break loose.
    /create

JSE
    I was having trouble hearing what was being said on the other end of the radio transmission when Boone was talking on the radio in the plane that did him in. I saw it in a TV ad and Boone yelled,

"We are the survivors of flight XXX".

The voice on the other end said,

"No, we are the survivors of flight XXX".

Hmmm. Interesting. Is there another duplicate group of survivors on the Island in a alternate dimension? Or, are there some other survivors that were thrown to another area of the island?

BTW, somehow I bet Boone is not gone. I bet Ethan is not gone either.

JSE

I was having trouble hearing what was being said on the other end of the radio transmission when Boone was talking on the radio in the plane that did him in. I saw it in a TV ad and Boone yelled,

"We are the survivors of flight XXX".

The voice on the other end said,

"No, we are the survivors of flight XXX".

JSE
    I thought the response said: "There are no survivors of Flight 185." Wouldn't this scenario follow the premise that the island is some kind of penance that they have to pay before moving into the afterlife? Whatever it is, that last episode was one of the very best of any show I've seen since the episode of NYPD Blue where Sipowitz is arguing with a bum who he later realizes is Jesus. Man, that was cool...

I didn't understand it during the show, but during that promo he DEFINITELY said "WE are the survivors of flight xxx"

Now during the show I THOUGHT he said "there were no survivors" but I'm not sure. The promo was on Tivo so I was able to listen to it over and over so I'm sure about that one.

Makes me wonder if they changed it to screw with us? BUT why would the guy say there were no survivors? They don't know that, they haven't even found the plane. They really don't even know it crashed.

Thread Information