Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why does not THIS surprise me....

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I like my mind in the gutter. It's happy there. heh heh heh, moist, hahahaha...
    In that I'm no stranger to the gutter I understand your snickeration, however let us not LIVE there. Get up, get out.... dry off, go down to the mission and have some food... LOL. Thanks G'man this reparte made my day....

Da Worfster

snickeration?

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    In that I'm no stranger to the gutter I understand your snickeration, however let us not LIVE there. Get up, get out.... dry off, go down to the mission and have some food... LOL. Thanks G'man this reparte made my day....

Da Worfster
    Snickeration? Define snickeration.

I don't want to get up. I don't want to dry off. And I sure don't want to dry out.

Glad I could make ya laugh a bit. Made me smile too. Beats the heck out of growing cotton trees.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Defshep
    More on Kong. Jimmy Carter (not the president, my movie critic pal) also gushed about the amazing creatures on Skull Island. From Kong's battle with three(!) t-rexes, to giant slug-like creatures feasting on sailors, to spiders/scorpions (he was vague on exactly what they were), and apparently even vampire bats! He went on to say that going in, he wasn't expecting much. By the end of this three-hour epic, however, he was won over by the effects, the performances by Watts, Brody, and Black, and that Jackson's film really portrayed just how lonely Kong was.
    Maybe this is information overload, but I thought you KK fans would wanna know. I know this 35 year old kid did!
    Dang Def,

You got me all hyped to see this now. Three hours long huh, cool. Do I dare go on opening night? The last movie I saw on opening night was Jurassic Park.

Forum Regular
    Yeah, I may just have to be the ultimate geek and go on the first night for this one. I generally do the SUPERGEEK thing and check out the midnight showings of highly anticipated flicks I wanna see. That way, a couple hours later I can review it on my morning show. I'll sound like a warmed over turd, but at least I'll have seen it first. And the listeners get to hear a review filled with "cools!" and "awesomes!", as opposed to "brilliantly and intellectually over your head", or "100 of the top ten critics agree this is a cinematic triumph!" You know, the guys who get paid to dig through the thesaurus to come up with something elegant to say. I'm just a popcorn-movie lover, and I just wanna have a great time at the theater.

Yeah, I may just have to be the ultimate geek and go on the first night for this one. I generally do the SUPERGEEK thing and check out the midnight showings of highly anticipated flicks I wanna see. That way, a couple hours later I can review it on my morning show. I'll sound like a warmed over turd, but at least I'll have seen it first. And the listeners get to hear a review filled with "cools!" and "awesomes!", as opposed to "brilliantly and intellectually over your head", or "100 of the top ten critics agree this is a cinematic triumph!" You know, the guys who get paid to dig through the thesaurus to come up with something elegant to say. I'm just a popcorn-movie lover, and I just wanna have a great time at the theater.
    Man I feel ya. Nothing like a good old fashion monster fight. My dad got me hooked on the ol skool stuff. I'd love to see a remake of any of the Sinbads or Jason and the Argonauts. How bout Clash of the Titans. I live for that kinda stuff. From the previews I saw, Kong is definately gonna be right up my alley.

Kam
    And peter jackson, being such a huge fan of the original, heard of the notorious Spider-pit fight sequence that got cut out of the original 30's kong because it didnt involve any of the 'lead' characters. so what did he do, he tossed his leads (brody and black) into the pit to make sure it was essential to the story!

i am really psyched to see this one. trying to score an advance screening of it, but that's one event gonna be tough to come by! am pretty sure i'll be there tues midnight or wed for sure! read one article where the third head of the creative tandem (not jackson or walsh, but their third producer/writer teammate) was gushing about the film (while jackson and walsh were very, very humbly conservative), she said "kong is gonna kick lotr's a$$!"
    /create

This keeps sounding better and better. Can't wait now.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Starting to see some reviews from the U.K. press. All positive with 4-5 star ratings from critics. Of course, critics can be (and usually are - The Island, for instance) wrong. It's usually different with big commercial blockbuster wannabes. Good sign if such a highly anticipated mainstream movie gets such great initial acclaim.

Forum Regular
    No midnight showings for Kong in my area. A local theater manager said it was due to "lack of demand". That's not a good sign for opening weekend. I am sure it'll be huge, but it'll have to get great word of mouth.

No midnight showings for Kong in my area. A local theater manager said it was due to "lack of demand". That's not a good sign for opening weekend. I am sure it'll be huge, but it'll have to get great word of mouth.
    Everyone I've talked to about it, plans on seeing it. If you don't get excited over a big monkey fightin dinosaurs than there's somethin wrong with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Everyone I've talked to about it, plans on seeing it. If you don't get excited over a big monkey fightin dinosaurs than there's somethin wrong with ya.
    Maybe Fried Green Tomatos II is opening on the same weekend. How can anything compete with that?

Talking You got that right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Let the Church say Amen!!! Dinosaurs, giant apes, pretty women, New York City reduced to ruins AGAIN!!! Biplanes over Manhatten Island Jack Black running for his life... what more can you want?!!!!

King Kong - A Beauty of a Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I really, really want to see this film. I've been avoiding looking at trailers or ads. I don't want any preconceptions. If a man can bring Middle Earth to life, then why not a giant pissed off ape. Wow this feels..... good.

Da Worfster
    I'm getting pretty eager to see it myself. This morning in the Washington Post I read this great review. Normally when Stephen Hunter hates a flick he gets funny in his review. This is one of the rare cases when he loved it and his review was still hysterical. I'm gonna see this Friday...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121302031.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone else "Keen for Kong"?-ph2005121302038.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information