Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Americans abroad...

I was watching some trailers last night on Mario Bava's Black Sunday Anchor Bay dvd release when low and behold there was John Saxon in another Italian slasher/giallo film. Took a look at his film credits and this guy did many foreign films, mostly Italian, but British and Spanish as well (maybe German and Philipino also but memory fails me). Anyhow, this wasn't that unusual in the 60s through the very early 80s. Just curious if there are American actors today doing films abroad.

Sorry Just found this....

Hmmm good question. It's funny how certain country's fall for particular actors. Broderick Crawford was a god in Italy in the 70's. It's kind of funny and unpredictable which country will fall in love with what American actor in particular. Kam's probably the man to ask.

Da Worfster

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I have absolutely no idea but I just wanted to say great thread Dean, Look forward to seeing some input on this one.

Don't Hassel the Hoff.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Americans abroad...

Its a massive boost for our MF since he's an exeperienced CM and can give us the leadership qualities and bite in the CM that Mastroeni gave us for so long, but has appeared past it in his last few outings. Between Clark, Bradley, Edu, and Feilhaber, we have a young and promising CM...but all too often, it seems Bradley Sr. prefers having a more experienced CM back there to help manage the game a little more smoothly than the youngsters can do-which means we're subjected to Mastroeni more than we should be at this stage.

The only downside is that the guy has a reputation as kinda a hothead, so that might not play well in the chummy atmosphere of the USNT, but oh well...maybe we need a combatative player to come in and shake things up.

Thread Information