Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alien Quadrilogy?

Does anyone own this?

Is it worth the $70 price tag?

How's the PQ and soundtrack?

I know the first two are the best, but I can't even remember the final two. If I recall 3 was a let down. I currently only own Aliens(Special Edition).

In my opinion, 3 was horrible. Not even worth the time to watch it. 4 was marginal at best. I would just buy 1 & 2. But, that is just me. Others may not feel the same.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Kam
    ditto. the special edition of Alien and the director's cut/ extended edition of Aliens are awesome, the other two are crudbuckets. i got the first two for under 10 each at a local video store (in their 3 for $25 bin) and can find them online very cheap at a few spots (not including ebay, which i am a huge fan of).
    /create

I may have to rent the final two. I can remember 3 a little. That's the one when SW crashed on a prison planet and had to shave her head bald right?

And I believe she became a alien host in 4 and died in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I may have to rent the final two. I can remember 3 a little. That's the one when SW crashed on a prison planet and had to shave her head bald right?

Yes, 3 ended with her falling into a pit (of fire I believe) with an alien ripping through her chest on the way down.
    4 starts with her and her alien baby being cloned by some crazy scientists.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Kam

yeap, 3 is the prison one directed by david fincher (prior to the Game, fight club and seven fame) where the alien is impregnated in a dog and so comes out a lil sleaker and the camera did that nauseating spinning movement and everyone died including ripley, believe it or not.

4 took place on that space station or space ship where winona ryder and a group of rogues land or dock and see that the science station are trying to make a human/alien hybrid, which is what ripley is, believe it or not. they some how managed to find some human ripley genes to clone along with the alien genes, although not sure how since she dove into a vat of molten lava stuff at the end of 3, but... such is life. ends with the weird ripley baby, that freaky looking white albino alien thing being sucked out of a tiny hole. was kinda laugh-ably funny in its own comedic way. south park made fun of it in the towely episode.

both are understandably forgettable and not worth more than a rental at best imo.
    /create

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    both are understandably forgettable and not worth more than a rental at best imo.
    I'll take this one more step. If either were on free TV, I would change the channel.

Does anyone know if the DTS versions can be purchased seperately?

I haven't seen any
    I didn't look, but check this site. You can search for almost anything.

http://www.buy.com/retail/searchresu...queryType=home

Does anyone know if the DTS versions can be purchased seperately?

I haven't seen any

Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    yeap, 3 is the prison one directed by david fincher (prior to the Game, fight club and seven fame) where the alien is impregnated in a dog and so comes out a lil sleaker and the camera did that nauseating spinning movement and everyone died including ripley, believe it or not.

4 took place on that space station or space ship where winona ryder and a group of rogues land or dock and see that the science station are trying to make a human/alien hybrid, which is what ripley is, believe it or not. they some how managed to find some human ripley genes to clone along with the alien genes, although not sure how since she dove into a vat of molten lava stuff at the end of 3, but... such is life. ends with the weird ripley baby, that freaky looking white albino alien thing being sucked out of a tiny hole. was kinda laugh-ably funny in its own comedic way. south park made fun of it in the towely episode.

AAAAHHHH! Now I remember! Thanks for the flashback. Now I'm just plain curious. I will take your advice though. No reason to waste 4 hours on two bad films. I found the first two for as cheap as $7.99 at Buy.com, but no mention of DTS.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I'll take this one more step. If either were on free TV, I would change the channel.
    That white Alien looked so sad and betrayed as he was sucked out into space through a hole the size of a quarter.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    That white Alien looked so sad and betrayed as he was sucked out into space through a hole the size of a quarter.
    you shoulda seen how sad and betrayed I looked after watching that movie!

/create

It's all coming back now. I think it even licked her a couple of times. When I was a kid, I thought the underwater scene in episode 3 was pretty tight.

Forum Regular
    LJ, I bought a used copy of Alien for $10 (two-disc Directors Cut, not the SE, which was part of the inferior Legacy collection) for the DTS track. As far as I know, it's the only installment with DTS. A shame, really. I'd love to hear Aliens remastered that way. I bought the single disc Special Edition DVD (ten bucks most places) for that one, as it's the director's cut already, and I've seen the behind the scenes stuff a million times. I've also read several reviews that state the print and sound of Aliens Special Edition is at best marginally different from the two disc (it also includes the theatrical version) Director's Cut. I've seen both, and I can't really say I noticed any difference. Special Edition looks and sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Defshep
    LJ, I bought a used copy of Alien for $10 (two-disc Directors Cut, not the SE, which was part of the inferior Legacy collection) for the DTS track. As far as I know, it's the only installment with DTS. A shame, really. I'd love to hear Aliens remastered that way. I bought the single disc Special Edition DVD (ten bucks most places) for that one, as it's the director's cut already, and I've seen the behind the scenes stuff a million times. I've also read several reviews that state the print and sound of Aliens Special Edition is at best marginally different from the two disc (it also includes the theatrical version) Director's Cut. I've seen both, and I can't really say I noticed any difference. Special Edition looks and sounds great to me.
    I will probably just pick up Alien then. Hopefully I can find the DTS version. $10 is a great price. I already own the SE Aliens.

Forum Regular
    I believe the Alien two-disc version is the only one with DTS, so make sure you get the DIRECTORS CUT. Ridley Scott has some great insight of the making of in the special features.

Yeah, I'd have to say that they did a good job of making a white blob of an alien show a sad expression. But not as sad as I looked coming out of the theater. (I spent how much to see that?!)

I believe the Alien two-disc version is the only one with DTS, so make sure you get the DIRECTORS CUT. Ridley Scott has some great insight of the making of in the special features.
    What about the Alien Quadrilogy, it says DTS. Isn't there a DTS version of Aliens in the set?

What about the Alien Quadrilogy, it says DTS. Isn't there a DTS version of Aliens in the set?
    Seems logical. I don't know if it's available by itself though. Maybe it will come out later.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Seems logical. I don't know if it's available by itself though. Maybe it will come out later.
    Of course it will, now that I just got the SE a couple of weeks ago .

Of course it will, now that I just got the SE a couple of weeks ago .

Ooops....

Forum Regular
    L.J., what you may have seen is a misprint. I just read a couple of online reviews, and the version of Aliens in the Quadrilogy does not contain DTS audio. Don't beat yourself up yet, I'm still looking...

Forum Regular
    Okay, here's the skinny. Apparently, only the first and the fourth films in the series contain DTS audio. According to Amazon, DVD Times, and others.

Okay, here's the skinny. Apparently, only the first and the fourth films in the series contain DTS audio. According to Amazon, DVD Times, and others.
    That sucks! Yeah I'll only be picking up the Alien DC.

By the way. I said what the hell and picked up the LOTR extended editions. I haven't even opened em yet. Waiting for a nice cold raining weekend or until I free up some serious time.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    It's all coming back now. I think it even licked her a couple of times. When I was a kid, I thought the underwater scene in episode 3 was pretty tight.
    I think the underwater scene was in 4.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information