Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

7|4|7 -- Live Free Or Die Hard vs. Transformers?

So...which do you think?

They both have an established franchise, but they both have demerits that undo a fraction of that target market.

They both look good, but I'm going with the live-action version of Transformers. Michael Bay has really won me over with the chase scene in The Island -- I think he'll do the action movie industry proud. But I'm not ruling out Live Free Or Die Hard (Bruce Willis, Len Wiseman -- the guy behind the Underworld movies).
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Growing up with the original transformer's when optimus prime was still a truck... god knows what he is now.. last I heard he was a gorrilla... so it should be good, I hope, but who knows... it does sound like one of those movies that can be good or really bad. Just look at the latest superman and batman movies... the batman movie was great, but Superman was definately lacking. So it should be interesting to see were it goes.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

transformers and prime will be a truck

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'm sorry, but I have a feeling Die Hard will be far less disappointing just because the expectations aren't as high.
    The fact that Transformers is being brought to us by the guy responsible for Bad Boys, Bad Boys II, and the disaster that Pearl Harbor was, has me very concerned.

TRANSFORMERS looks promising, although the TMNT movie on the otherhand looks odd....now the turtles look like Shrek.

The very idea of a Transformers movie . . . well, it DESERVES a guy like Michael Bay.

I mean jeez, Transformers? Is this what Hollywood has been reduced to? Sad.

I just saw "Y Tu Mama Tambien" this weekend for the first time. Wow, 5 stars! Sexy, provocative, funny and moving. Do you really think a movie like Transformers or another Die Hard rehash would be more interesting / entertaining than that movie?

There's more to movies than stuff blowing up real cool.

Rent Mike Judge's "Idiocracy."

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I just saw "Y Tu Mama Tambien" this weekend for the first time. Wow, 5 stars! Sexy, provocative, funny and moving. Do you really think a movie like Transformers or another Die Hard rehash would be more interesting / entertaining than that movie?

There's more to movies than stuff blowing up real cool.
    Is this the same Troy that goes to concerts without ear protection? You're lying in a coma, and your wife has taken over your account, hasn't she? ...erm...haven't you, that is...

Yes, there are certainly more to movies than blowing stuff up, but come 4 July 2007, blowing stuff up is going "front and center", and that's what these two movies are about.

You want movies without stuff blowing up, go watch some Wong Kar Wai -- I liked "In the Mood for Love" the best of what I've seen so far. Warning: these movies are not for the easily distracted. Make sure that you are in a patient, yet not tired frame of mind when you watch these movies, the director gives the actors a lot of "room".

Oh, and: Optimus is a truck.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

I'm curious about Transformers so I'll check it out. If anything I'm sure my kid will enjoy it.

until about 2 minutes ago i have yet to have seen a trailer for transformers, and it looks very entertaining. And thats about as high as my hopes are for this one.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Thread Information