Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I didn't mind the torture so much - really, I watched seasons 1-5 this fall and I seem to recall just as much brutality and blood - which in all honesty isn't that much and works for the show. It may have been a bit less graphic, but I think that's just because they keep thinking of new methods. I really don't think it was a change in approach.

Wooch, you're right the sub plots have been lackluster, but the family angle is killer this year. I keep waiting for the payoff on Morris. I'm guessing he achieves redemption by sacrificing himself later this year just so we can see Chloe's cute pouty cry scene reminiscent of Edgar dying from the gas tear jerker. Works for me.

I've suspected Nadia as the mole from the start, but mostly because they tried to win sympathy for her in such a blatant way - feels like a setup. Though Karen Hayes and Bill Buchanan are my next pics.

Gotta admit, Phil just leaving Jack out there was a bit of a surprise. And I do find Morris adds some mild comedic relief to the show that's been in short supply since season 1.
    So far so good...what's next?

I must be rather evil minded because I can think of several things that ought to cause extreme pain while not risking severe damage requiring medical aid or lose the "patient" hehehe. So I am not shocked by the torture.
    Milo seems a bit stronger than I imagined.
    Bauer's sister in law is a complete fool and I wanted him to shoot her in the knee several times. Oh well can't always get what you want.
    The drama and especially the dysfunction of both the White House staffers and CTU staffers has me very aggravated. Patriotic fervor is just too much, up to and including assasinating another US President because they think he is not strong enough.
    Buchanon watching Chloe and Morris walking out of the meeting to "reboot a secondary server" then goes back to his lap top without saying a word makes him look like a moron to me.
    Well at least last night's show was a bit better, to me, than the last couple.
    God I wish I could kick this habit. hehehe
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

nightflier
    Well looks like we're in for more torture. This time Jack's using a cigar cutter on the fingers of a guy everyone can dislike, and since this is the typical ticking-bomb scenario proponents of torture always refer to, don't expect him to go soft on this fella.

Of course he has to break into the Russian consulate to get to play slice-boy, so guess who'll be after him at the end of this season? And with Jack doing this against Buchanon's orders, wussy Palmer at half capacity for the rest of the day, and Heil Daniels running the country, nobody's going to lift a finger to help him this time. 'Looks like the next two years in Siberia are going to be interesting considering the Russians have had the whole cold war to become experts at this sordid business. Maybe they'll get him to spill the beans or better yet, maybe they'll sell him back to Fayed's people - I imagine he'd fetch a nice sum. Anyhow, same story as last season...

So that whole promise by the director last week (on Democracy now) that they were going to tone down the torture, looks unlikely. He's a self-proclaimed right-winger, so no surprise there. I guess that this whole idea that they are out of original plot ideas is becoming more apparent every week.

So what else is on on Mondays? I hear Heroes is taking a lot of the viewers away. Sounds a little too X-men to me, but maybe I'll check that out instead.

nightflier

Introducing: Denethor

OK, you can all laugh at the connections to the LOTR, but guess who's the baddie at the Russian consulate? That's right, John Noble, the guy who played Denethor in the Return of the King. Consequently, with that annoying twitch in his cheek, he's the ideal nervous character for the part. Now look at the similarities:

- Denethor was the regent while the king was absent; Markov is the representative of the Russian president, Suvarov.

- Denethor was corrupted by Sauron because he secretly looked into the 3rd remaining Palantir; Markov was secretly communicating with Gredenko.

- Denethor's son Boromir fell, but his second son Faramir was there to pick up the pieces; When Markov's security chief died, the second in command was there to pick up the pieces (OK he killed the chief, but that's splitting hairs).

- Denethor died in a blaze of glory; guess what's going to happen to Markov when CTU storms the consulate?

There are other similarities, but you get the point. Think of Grendenko as the Witch King, and Abu Fayed as Gothmog at the forefront of the assault.

Anyhow I think the writers of 24 are either deliberately plagiarizing or they read the books at one time or another and subconsciously impose the plot on their writing. Given that characters from the movies keep popping up every season, I'm going to guess the former.

"Art is either plagiarism or revolution" - Paul Gaugin
    Last edited by nightflier; 03-06-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    OK, you can all laugh at the connections to the LOTR, but guess who's the baddie at the Russian consulate? That's right, John Noble, the guy who played Denethor in the Return of the King. Consequently, with that annoying twitch in his cheek, he's the ideal nervous character for the part. Now look at the similarities:

- Denethor was the regent while the king was absent; Markov is the representative of the Russian president, Suvarov.

- Denethor was corrupted by Sauron because he secretly looked into the 3rd remaining Palantir; Markov was secretly communicating with Gredenko.

- Denethor's son Boromir fell, but his second son Faramir was there to pick up the pieces; When Markov's security chief died, the second in command was there to pick up the pieces (OK he killed the chief, but that's splitting hairs).

- Denothor died in a blaze of glory; guess what's going to happen to Markov when CTU storms the consulate?

There other similarities, but you get the point. Think of Grendenko as the Witch King, and Abu Fayed as Gothmog at the forefront of the assault.

Anyhow I think the writers of 24 are either deliberately plagiarizing or they read the books at one time or another and subconsciously impose the plot on their writing. Given that characters from the movies keep popping up every season, I'm going to guess the former.

Yeah, and Jack used to be a Lumberjack, before he was a seal...so watch out for the mutant trees growing in the fallout zone...

- Denethor died in a blaze of glory; guess what's going to happen to Markov when CTU storms the consulate?

There are other similarities, but you get the point. Think of Grendenko as the Witch King, and Abu Fayed as Gothmog at the forefront of the assault.

Ummm...OhhhKayyy...I s'pose now that you mention it, when the lighting is just right, Chloe does look like Golem.

Moving on, is anybody else curious how you lead an all-out assault on the Russian Consolate without starting WW3? Seriously, when Jack ignores the rules of sovereignty (sp?) to clip Markov, how exactly did he plan on getting out of there? Walk through the front door? That who scene was a bit contrived for me.

It looks like Logan's wife is coming back...and it's about time. I always liked her character last season. The previews make it seem like she's off the drugs and has found her balls. Should be good.

Not too many questions raised this episode, but I'm looking forward to watching all hell break loose next week !

I found this episode to be better than some of the more recent.
    I have heard some negaitve comments regarding the show is using Russians as the "bad guys" again...well even in todays world they are not really our friends so this should not be a surprise in a tv show. Who were they expecting? The Mexicans or Canadians? sheesh.

There are a lot of new story lines after last nights show and it will be interesting to see how they work themselves out.
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12

Interesting observations from nightflier about the Russian consulate. I never noticed that it was the same guy that played Denethor, since I was having flashbacks to The Hunt for Red October with some of the personnel at the White House and Russian consulate (the guest star list for this week's episode hasn't been posted to IMDB yet, so I can't confirm just yet)!

It seems 24 rebooted the two main plot threads this week (the VP taking charge of the White House, and the Bauer family reunion taking a backseat to the Russian storyline). I hope it adds some much needed coherency to Day Six, because otherwise the narrative is really starting to lose structure. It still keeps me hooked, but the logic and connections between events increasingly leave a lot to be desired.

It's good to see though that the intrigue at the White House is starting to gain some traction. Even though he can be somewhat one-dimensional, Powers Boothe is absolutely awesome at playing the heavy. He's already brought a big-time presence and sense of menace to Vice President Daniels. Should be interesting to see if he winds up butting heads with Jack or President Palmer (we already know that Karen and Tom will probably work against him at some point).

From the previews, it looks like CTU will storm the Russian consulate (?!). That seems very far fetched even by 24, but since they put yet another torture scene into this week's episode, they're obviously searching long and hard for new material. Attacking the Chinese embassy in Day Four made a lot more sense because it was an "unofficial" black ops raid. This seems like a sanctioned operation ... and one that will be led by none other than the new director of field ops ... Ricky Schroeder!

Should also be interesting to see Mrs. Logan back in action next week. Even if the plot points are falling a bit short this season, at the very least I think it's smart to bring back the series' most engaging and interesting characters. No matter how far fetched the situation, reuniting Charles and Martha (AND lone Day One holdover Agent Pierce!) doesn't suck.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer

From the previews, it looks like CTU will storm the Russian consulate (?!). That seems very far fetched even by 24, but since they put yet another torture scene into this week's episode, they're obviously searching long and hard for new material. Attacking the Chinese embassy in Day Four made a lot more sense because it was an "unofficial" black ops raid. This seems like a sanctioned operation ... and one that will be led by none other than the new director of field ops ... Ricky Schroeder!
    1st its Rick Schroeder, not "Ricky". Have you seen any of his recent works? NYPD Blue, and the TNT movie "The Lost Brigade"? He has earned his acting stripes enough to go by Rick. This ain't the same kid from Silver Spoons.

2nd, isn't invading a embassy basically declaring war? I mean under what jurisdiction can CTU hope to claim by storming soverin territory to "rescue" someone that was caught trespassing?

nightflier

Embassy Storming

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Well if Pres. Suvarov approves the storming of the consulate, then it would be a lot more believable. Remeber, this is a consulate, not an embassy, so the security staff is much smaller.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else think that Prison Break was way better than 24, this week?

So THAT's how you storm a Russian consulate without declaring war! Too bad they aired out Markov, his character would have been fun to keep around for awhile. Quick question, why is Jack hurt on his right side? I don't remember him getting shot or anything, only the door blowing up in his face. Did I miss something?

Mrs. Logan's return was interesting. She's shacking up with Aaron, a favorite of mine since Season 1, and has definitely left the reservation. The knife scene was a bit obvious as soon as she picked up the plate, but it was still a nice twist I 'spose. As much as I dislike Pres. Logan, it's clear his wife is bananas.

As for next week, the previews allude to another leak at CTU, to which I'm thinking "You've got to be f***ing kidding me?!?" If this proves to be true, I want to see the head of security taken out in front of firing squad. I mean, COME ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    So THAT's how you storm a Russian consulate without declaring war! Too bad they aired out Markov, his character would have been fun to keep around for awhile. Quick question, why is Jack hurt on his right side? I don't remember him getting shot or anything, only the door blowing up in his face. Did I miss something?

Mrs. Logan's return was interesting. She's shacking up with Aaron, a favorite of mine since Season 1, and has definitely left the reservation. The knife scene was a bit obvious as soon as she picked up the plate, but it was still a nice twist I 'spose. As much as I dislike Pres. Logan, it's clear his wife is bananas.

As for next week, the previews allude to another leak at CTU, to which I'm thinking "You've got to be f***ing kidding me?!?" If this proves to be true, I want to see the head of security taken out in front of firing squad. I mean, COME ON!!!
    Good episode this week. Logan's doing a great job of keeping me guessing if he's reborn or still a crook. I like his character way better this year.

Another CTU MOLE? Ugh...I hope not...but then...would it be 24 without the mole? Seriously, do they pick these agents from monster.com? Can't wait for the inevitable germ/chemical warfare angle...

nightflier
    Well it's not clear that Markov is dead. He was shot twice in the gut, far right & left - painful but not necessarily deadly. Although considering he's no longer useful to the plot-line since Jack is alive, I think he's a gonner.

Interesting how Margaret Logan regained her composure after she stabbed her hubby. The time-line is a little funky, though since she just got Mrs. Suvarov on the phone when Silver Spoons was seconds away from storming the embassy. But I suppose it adds to the suspense, that way. Anyhow, maybe this is what she needed to get her marbles back. Now she can marry Pierce and live in her perfect little white house in paradise and hopefully never reappear on the show. Sorry, I know some of y'all like her, but she's a little too nutty to be involved in the political process, if you ask me.

It's not clear yet that the leak at CTU is from a person. It could be an electronic device that was planted, maybe by Silver Spoons? Wouldn't that be a nice plot twist? Or better yet, by Jack's father - he certainly had time to wander around while he was there as a good-guy. Anyhow, he still has to resurface sometime soon and what better time than now, when they are about to find where Fayed and the Ruskies are playing boyscout? Either he'll redeem himself by stopping the drones when CTU fails, or he'll try to stop CTU from reaching the terrorists. Anyhow, this calls for a military air-strike, rather than a CTU assault, even more than in the previous season. Of course, that would not help VP Daniels' plans, so he may not authorize it....

Meanwhile, back at the Halls of Justice... it's about time Mrs. Hayes (Mrs. Buchanan?) returned. She'll be a fun addition to the staff of the VP - I can already see her get catty with his chief of staff, the chick from Invasion. Daniels, by the way, is coming off weaker than earlier, or at least less intelligent. He's liberally lying in front of others, and acting rather rashly - even hesitating when he has to authorize the storming of the consulate, something that is out of character for his role (unless he didn't want them to capture Markov?). Also, If pres. Palmer miraculously returns, there will be hell to pay, and you can be pretty sure that Grima Lennox is going to slither right back and point the finger at Daniels. I almost think that Daniels is afraid of the shadow-government folks that tried to kill Palmer.

On a broader scale, the show is getting closer and closer to depicting a worse-case scenario in the real world. Imagine if Bush were to fall from grace (cancer, impeached, says something stupid, falls off the wagon, pick your poison), then we would be led by a VP who is not unlike Daniels. He would probably institute martial law, suspend civil liberties, and escalate war in the middle east. Frankly I'm surprised the director, who's been very supportive of the current government's policies (he said so publicly), would present such a scenario at a time like this. It's both prophetic and chilling.

Now where is my list of quotes from 1984? Oh yeah, here we go:

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac."

"Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception"

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship"

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"

"War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it"

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength"

And of course:

Whoa! Logan, we hardly knew ye!

What a bummer that the Logan family reunion was so short-lived. Martha Logan was one of my favorite characters last season -- always teetering on the edge, but Jean Smart did a great job at making the character believable. Last night though really pushed things quite a bit to say the least!

Seeing Charles, Martha, and Aaron together just highlighted how compelling a subplot the White House was last season. Too bad, we only got this brief snippet.

But, at least now we have an explanation of how CTU can storm the Russian consulate without starting WWIII. Just strange that Suborov would so quickly authorize U.S. forces to take out a whole flank of his own diplomatic staff.

And WTF is up with RICKY Schroder! (That was how the credits spelled him out, so I guess it's now okay to use that moniker again!) My gawd. I know that the writers like to bring new heavies into CTU every year, whether it's some new pencil pusher from "Division" or a higher up from Homeland Security, but this new director of field ops just seems a bit over the top. Geez, it's like hasn't Morris gone through enough today? I mean, if I was managing someone who just got pummeled by a power drill, I might be willing to cut them some slack!

But, he did lead a successful raid on the consulate. Now, we'll see how long it takes before he starts rubbing Jack the wrong way!

As far as the VP goes, that's Powers Boothe for 'ya! He's just so good at playing the megalomaniac. I don't care if he always seems like he's two throwaway lines away from summoning his minions into the Oval Office and forcing them to drink the Kool-Aid! (After all, Boothe did play People's Temple cult leader Jim Jones in Guyana Tragedy.) He's got such a presence whenever he's in a scene.

Looks like Karen Hayes will be back next week, and I'm sure Lennox will be making nice with her in no time.

And I do share the concerns that topspeed and kex have about next week's episode -- NOT ANOTHER CTU MOLE! I really hope that the writers don't take the easy way out yet again (this week, Martha getting loose on Charles was telegraphed all the way), and pin it all on Nadia. I'm sure she'll be implicated, but I hope that the subplot has more complexity and nuance to it than that.

On a broader scale, the show is getting closer and closer to depicting a worse-case scenario in the real world. Imagine if Bush were to fall from grace (cancer, impeached, says something stupid, falls off the wagon, pick your poison), then we would be led by a VP who is not unlike Daniels. He would probably institute martial law, suspend civil liberties, and escalate war in the middle east. Frankly I'm surprised the director, who's been very supportive of the current government's policies (he said so publicly), would present such a scenario at a time like this. It's both prophetic and chilling.
    The scenario in 24 is just a little bit more extreme because you got Palmer and Daniels clearly on the outs, and for all we know, this whole subplot was a coup d'etat orchestrated by the VP. I think that W. and Cheney are on slightly better terms!

As far as the politics of the writers/producers/directors go, a lot has been written on Producer Joel Surnow and Director Jon Cassar's overtly conservative views. But, at the same time you got Executive Producers Howard Gordon (who doubles as the lead writer) and Brian Grazer who are both Democrats, while Kiefer Sutherland's politics lean left as well (not surprising since his grandfather was Canadian Socialist leader Tommy Douglas, who's considered the father of their national health care program). I think what you see on screen reflects a lot of creative tension behind the scenes, and it has to walk a very thin line because this season more so than past seasons, they are definitely alluding more overtly to current events.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

I really enjoyed this episode. It was funny watching the two Russians start to make out a bit in the basement only to have Jack spoil the fun lol. It was great watching Martha "lose it" and stab hubby. Watching her up and down behavior...bipolar ?...even how she treated Aaron in some small things I noticed...made me cringe at the thought of being close to her. If I were Aaron I do not think I could sleep at night...especially after skewering Logan's shoulder lol.
    I enjoy seeing Morris get "tweaked" here and there. He is a drama queen and makes for fun viewing. I really am getting tired of Chloe's "look" when she does not like something. I do not know how to describe the look but if she gave it to me and I were her supervisor she would have my boot up her ass in a heart beat. She is getting a bit too self important in my opinion.

Ok, last week was pretty good. Then last night.

Its like a bad soap opera now. "Can we wake the prez out of coma to stop the nuke?" "The Muslim IS the mole...or is she?" "Why didn't anyone tell Jack that Audrey died in China?"

And what about the presidential advisors? Ok Mr VP, whatever you say....lets just drop a nuke....no arguement here. AHHHHHHHHHHHH it was SO bad it made my head hurt.

I don't know what happened to 24, but I want it back. Days of Our Lives has invaded the set!!!

Next week if Jack shows up wearing a house dress, I'm done.

LOL...Okay, it says here that Audrey isn't dead, and after Jack shacks up with his new babe, Audrey will appear alive, and Jack will run off to save her.

I enjoyed last night's show - the war room dialogue is a bit over the top, and I can't believe anyone would be so quick to Nuke another country - there's other ways to retaliate - but whatever. What happened to Logan, and where is Jack's dad?

I didn't understand why Jack was so upset no one told him that Audrey was dead. Seriously, there are more important things going on during this day.

I was underwhelmed by last night's episode as well. How does an acting VP unilaterally decide to drop a nuke on another country?!? Doesn't Congress need to approve something like that? The NSA says it's a bad idea but the Joint Chiefs say nothing? That was stupid.

Ditto to Topspeed, But in a case of National crisis the President has the power to order a strike without declearing war on another country, which takes an act of Congress. The Joint Chiefs do have input, but they have to follow the orders of the President without question. But it is obivious that the V.P. is in on the attacks. And to Kex...didn't Logan die lastweek from the stabbing from the ex-wife. It did show him flatlining.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

nightflier
    OK, here's a thought, what if the Chinese are using Audrey (or the hope that she is still alive) as a way to get Jack to do their bidding. Not to harp on the Chinese topic constantly, but last night's episode was the first in a while where they were mentioned repeatedly, including by Karen Hayes when she asked the VP what they would think of a nuclear strike in the Middle East. If we also consider that Jack was probably caught by the Chinese with the help of his brother and possibly his father, I have a feeling that Jack's father and the Chinese connection is going to creep back into the plot line soon.

I suppose the real question is whether the Chinese had an interest in letting Jack loose in the first place. Maybe Chinese intelligence knew of Fayed and the Ruskies and they needed Jack to put out this fire. If anything, they would have an interest in preventing the American neo-cons / puppet masters from starting WWIII and threaten the supply of oil they are so dependent on. Maybe is was the neo-cons who killed Audrey in China because they didn't want her to get Jack out. When she was killed, the Chinese realized this and decided to let Jack loose.

And on whether it's realistic for the VP to be so gung-ho on nuking, has anyone ever thought about what Cheney would be capable of, if he ever became pres? He's got to be the creepiest, most immoral, money-driven hand-wringer who's ever been VP. Daniels is like a younger version of Cheney, he even has that Quasimodo paunch and brooding, plotting face only money could love. And if I disappear after posting this, you can take that as proof of this fact.

Actually, I thought last night's episode sprung the various subplots back to life. Much needed given that the Bauer family subplot that has thus far carried much of Day Six is on hold.

I've been waiting for some intrigue at CTU, and though Nadia eventually getting implicated had been telegraphed from the first hour, it sets up a lot of angles by which the machinations at CTU can now link to whatever conspiracy is going through the White House.

Although I'll agree that the storyline with the warmongering VP is a bit over-the-top, his order for a unilateral nuke strike I don't think is that unrealistic given that 24 this season is taking place in an alternate reality where terrorist strikes on U.S. soil are practically a daily occurrence and crackdowns against mostly innocent American Muslims have already begun. In that kind of atmosphere where fear prevails, I can easily see a zealous Executive branch grabbing a lot of unilateral authority, all under the guise of national security.

While the dialog, as it has been all season long with the White House subplot, was wooden and contrived, I just think that with that subplot now revolving around the VP is a lot more interesting than with Wayne Palmer. Palmer just seems weak as a President and not nearly as complex and unpredictable, not to mention wonderfully diabolical, as Logan was. VP Daniels is every bit as one dimensional as Powers Boothe's acting (his portrayal of VP Daniels is practically a carbon copy of Jim Jones) , but he commands attention and keeps me planted in my seat when the White House story is on. Frankly, I don't want Palmer to wake up. The VP is so wonderfully perverted by power, I just want to see what he tries next.

With the other subplots kicking up a notch, Jack Bauer's storyline unfortunately took a step down in last night's episode. That whole deal with Audrey was really unconvincing. I mean, Jack slamming Chloe's phone down while she was dealing with an airborne nuke and then ordering her to retrieve a personnel file?! I just don't see Jack putting his personal agenda ahead of everything else while CTU is trying to locate a nuclear drone.

Clearly, the conditions surrounding Audrey's "death" set up a lot of interesting angles for later in the day or for Day Seven. I just think the writers could have come up with a better way of weaving it into the plot thread.

The other stuff at CTU will hopefully get better. This season has been woefully short of vintage Chloe moments, but last night's breathalyzer test with Morris was pretty good. Otherwise, that new director of field ops is just way over the top. At least VP Daniels' megalomania means something because he's got an itchy finger on the panic button. The field ops guy just seems way too cartoonish even by 24 standards. At some point, I think he will emerge as the CTU mole and he'll have to deal with Jack. Unfortunately, if that happens it will just further illustrate how predictable 24 has been this season.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

I enjoyed the scene where Chloe kisses Morris then tells him it is an "alcohol check", when he asks why the kiss, per Milo...lol funny stuff. Even the little nods between Morris and Milo made me chuckle.
    The Russians may be in a bit of a pickle. After all one of their top guys in their embassy is/was working with the bad guy who is working with Fayed (sp?) and Jack and the US just cleaned up the mess...also the same guys with the gas bombs. I suppose in some sort of way the Russians owe us one and while they will certainly bluster if a nuke is dropped they will not do anything else.
    I have no idea what is going on with the Chinese.
    All in all it was a decent episode.

NIghtflier, you kill me...lol but you have to give the writers credit. From watching the real news about how our current administration is handling things you would think the people from 24 are writing their sound bits. Cheney is straight out of Compton mode and I think its rubbing off on Bush. Bush has come from a bewilder soul to a hard core OG latley. I just waiting for him to say something along the lines of "If you don't like what I said then we can take it out back and settle it." lol the funny thing is that Bush has a higher approveful rating with Black's now than when he first was elected. If he refer's to Rice as my Boo or my Ride a Die chick they may have to change the laws about servering more than two terms........................lol Throw up the big "W" sign shoutout WHITEHOOOUSE!
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hi Nightflier,
    I can't e-mail you and sorry about disturbing you guys talk. I was recently bought a pre-owned PS Audio 200 Delta and I love its performance very much. As I know you are also a PS Audio owner, I would like to have all the info related to my 200 Delta but however I found nothing on web. If you don't mind please knidly help to made copy of your owner manual if you have. My e-mail is lpl_1@yahoo.com.hk. Many many Thx!

Well, 1 more episode down, a few more to go. At this rate, I really don't even care what happens. There comes a point where suspended belief becomes dis-belief, and last night was the crossing point.

Of course Nadia was not the mole. Of course the guy tried to set up Rick Schroder.

Now Milo has professed his 'Love' for Nadia, during a pending nuclear strike.

And wasn't it nice to see Jack Bauer kid gloving the handicapped kid. Piss poor Rain-Man impression BTW.

And the Coup-De Gras was the President rising out of a coma to stop the VP from launching the Nukes. As my wife put it, 'Boy he looks pretty good for having coded 10 minutes prior!'. No S*hit he did. Apparently didn't even suffer after affects from his
    1. Head injury.
    2. Massive doses of drugs to induce medical coma.
    3. Body Trauma from the assiasination attempt explosion.

This has now become an exercise in Shark Jumping. What far fetched BS plot line can they attempt to exploit next?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information