Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I still need to go through all the settings and see which one I like best, for now I am use to seeing the song title, artist and album info. The more I listened lastnight the more I enjoyed the slight enhancements in sound, nothing IMHO to throw out the SB3, but just a bit more clarity at low level volume and again the bass has a little more bottom to it while still being tight. I sure some of this may be the new toy effect, but I made sure I listen to my normal sources (Pandora and my own ripped collection). Pandora sounded very good I thought until I switched over to my own collection and WOW, Pandora sounded more like what it is, A lower bit source. Most of my collection is ripped in 320Mp3 (makes it easy to transfer music to my vehicles, since I have yet see/heard a car unit that support Flac format) A few songs ripped in WAV format.

I am impressed with the analog output/built in DAC and may be looking to compare the Transporter and Touch in a analog battle. But this unit, Smaller than I expected, fits nicely on top of the piano with the EQ and AMP hidden behind out of sight. I think our guest will be impressed also this weekend, not only with the aesthetic look, but the rich smooth sounds coming from those bargin hunters dream Fluance speakers. They will be filling the living and Dinningroom with mellow sounds of soulful christmas tunes and Neo Soul. I don't think I could get away with my growing appreciation of classical music just yet, but I'm sure I will sneek in some old school Miles Davis.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone View Post
    The more I listened lastnight the more I enjoyed the slight enhancements in sound, nothing IMHO to throw out the SB3, but just a bit more clarity at low level volume and again the bass has a little more bottom to it while still being tight.
    One of the differences has to do with the power supply which can have a significant effect on any audio component. The wall wart on the Touch delivers more current and is interchangeable with SB3. You can buy those for about ten bucks.

I use robust linear power supplies on mine which takes the sound quality up yet another notch.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat View Post
    One of the differences has to do with the power supply which can have a significant effect on any audio component. The wall wart on the Touch delivers more current and is interchangeable with SB3. You can buy those for about ten bucks.

I use robust linear power supplies on mine which takes the sound quality up yet another notch.
    I will keep that in mind to get more out of the other two SB3's I still use
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

As always with getting something to update your gear you find yourself updating other items or in this case the software. With having this Touch and being able to see the album art, has caused me to go into the computer files and start cleaning up old duplicate files with no album art and using only the highbit rate files in general.

So I spent a better part of this morning sitting on a old gutted out PC case in the garage clearing up a few of my playlist.

Thoroughly "Touched" (long)-touch-1.jpg
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

I so need to do what you are doing. There should be a program that can run through a library and pick out duplicate files, proof the highest bitrate to two lower bitrate complete files and dump the rest would be sweet but a pipedream.

btw, I love seeing all the Pioneer Elite gear. Sad to see them get out of the panel business. I just replaced the elite gear with a Panasonic Plasma and blu-ray. Just don't want to get rid of my 47a as an audio player option (handful of hi rez discs) in my headphone rig. One day, I'll run some dvds into the plasma from it to see how it looks compared to the blu-ray.
    d HC b

Right now I'm searching for an easy to use cover art grabber program. I have a few classical cd's ripped and no artwork or proper tagging with each track, they just come up as track 1,2,3...10.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Well I finally settled on the mp3tag, tagging program and spent 6 hours this morning freezing my butt off in the garage scrolling through my collection adding artwork to some, correcting genres on others. The classical ones took the longest, from editing track info and all the rest. I just can't let poppy get to far ahead
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Well today is the 3rd of Jan and I am still at it, finding artwork, re-tagging songs. Now my question is for those that use a Squeezebox system, How do you clear out all the old tags that show in your Genres? I am trying to cut mine down to about 6-7 total, which is about covers the types of music that I have, but I can still see in the LMS that I have over 60 and comfirmed that number by scrolling through on the players also.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone View Post
    How do you clear out all the old tags that show in your Genres? I am trying to cut mine down to about 6-7 total, which is about covers the types of music that I have, but I can still see in the LMS that I have over 60 and comfirmed that number by scrolling through on the players also.
    1. Open Web Control from system tray
    2. Click "Settings" in bottom right corner
    3. In "Basic Settings" tab, choose "Rescan Media Library". Select option "Clear library and rescan everything". You can also view progress by clicking link just below option.

It rebuilds the database entirely.

ok thanks, it was kinda frustrating doing all this taggin work and still seeing numerous genres tags coming up.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information