AR Newbie Registered Member

Angry Sony STR-DE845 Acting Strange

I am the owner of a Sony STR-DE845 AV Receiver & recently I have been experiencing a problem with the unit as follows:
    Whenever I set the sound field to “2CH” & adjust the speaker balance (using Jog Dial) to the extreme Left (left speakers) the unit trips out & a clicking sound is emitted from the Right Speakers (not the left) & the unit goes into the protective mode. However, if the unit is powered off & turned back on it functions ok; it should be noted that this does not happen when the balance is set on the right speakers.
    Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this problem & any suggestions/advice on how it can be corrected?
    Any & all suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,

Forum Regular

Cool

I own the str-de835 & i never had any problems with mine but every so often i will pop open the top & clean the dust in the unit. i really don't know if that helps ,but i know that dust can create problems over time & i've heard about the 835 & 845 to be known to have problems & sony has never given a real solution to that problem. also read the reviews of those who own or have owned this model here on audio review.com. maybe that can also help too.

i hope that some of this helps you !

mike

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the input it's greatly appreciated

I had this problem. In my case believe it or not the wires inside one of the speakers would touch when the volume got up, and shorted out. It may not be your problem but I would check the inside of your speaker and check to see if a wire may be touching from internal vibrations.

Thread Information